We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Clip boards & such (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
992 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Quote:

Another great immediate impression is Allen Zingg's "Son of Mindscan". That's always been a favorite of mine (which reminds me, I need to order a few Smile

I have Mindscanner. Is this your reference? I have never seen anything described as "Son of Mindscan." Is there a dealer description of this?

Also, I have the Notepad. When I first got it I thought the principle and design were terrific. I still do. Problem is, it is a scary thing to rely on in performance. Spectator has a lot to do with your ability to make the peek if they write lightly. And you only get a second to do the dirty stuff so if the words aren't there, you have to plan for a good out.

Gianni

Gianni
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
IIRC, Hank Lee's carries Allen's pad: http://www.hanklee.net and search for "mindscan".

And nope, it has no relation to the Tenyo "Mindscanner" (which is the same in basic method, inferior to, and predates the Cornelius's "Thought Transmitter"). I believe the original "Mindscan", on which it was based, was by Kenton Knepper, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

It's a small paper scratchpad. Somebody writes or draws anything on it, and tears the sheet off. You take the pad, tear a sheet off for yourself, and you've got the glimpse. It's pretty devious, and nothing to break or really go wrong.

E-mail me privately if you'd like, and I'll get you in touch with Allen directly.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Son of mindscan can be purchased through L&L publishing.

Smile
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
876 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
I'd like to offer another vote for the Kerry Summers pad. Buy it from Mark Strivings. Learn the principle. Then, if you want, make up your own version of the prop. Stuff like white board, clear plastic, laminating film etc. is widely available and it's not hard, even for a DIY klutz, to create your own variation on the Kerry Summers theme.

Get your own version to look however you want it. Make a small version for close-up out-of-the-pocket work. Make a larger version for platform or stage, and you'll have the best instant, real-time, no-pre-show drawing dupe effect in the world. The PRINCIPLE is superb, and worth twice what Mark charges for it. (At least)
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
The Summer's cover is fine. Just say you borrowed the notebook from your kid.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2001-10-18 16:07, Ian Rowland wrote:
A word about the transparent type, as invented by Roni Shachnay but marketed by Guy Bavli. Roni’s original was clear plastic, which worked very well. The Bavli version is sometimes tinted plastic, such as a light brown or coffee colour. This is a design flaw, in my opinion, and the impression can be seen against the plastic even by the spectator. So, if you want the see-thru plastic type, which IS very deceptive, make sure you get it with the totally clear plastic (like clear glass).

You might want to consider Earles' "Millennium Clipboard". It's a smokey plastic clipboard that hides the gimmick rather well. Better still is that replacing the gimmick is rather easily done and is not costly.

I put together 6 A5 size clipboards (They are half the size of an American 8X10 paper size clipboard.) that took me all of three minutes to gimmick up.

I know that this is a public board, but if anyone wants help in putting one together for less than £2.00 each, contact me via my web page. The URL for the page is listed under my signature.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
gothxman
View Profile
New user
Curtis Foster
14 Posts

Profile of gothxman
Where can I get a Roni Shachnay tranparent type clipboard?

BTW, thank you Ian, for tipping us the fact that the spectator might be able to see the impression on the tinted plastic board. I was wondering this myself.
populus vult decipi: people want to be deceived
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Clip boards & such (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL