The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Doug Higley Saves the World (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
The topic title says it all, Doug Higley Saves the World.

You heard it here, yes the names have been changed to protect the "not so innocent" but there is no denying the truth. People were wondering where Doug had vanished to, now that the Dust has settled, you can read it here:

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-bo....../7203694

I suggest you hurry before it becomes classified and locked in some government vault for the rest of time...

Tony
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Proper link:

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=878317

or Signed copy: http://SpookyBook.com

Thanks Tony but I have no idea what your talking about...that's some other guy, initials WD.
Higley's Doug's Museum
winewizard
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of winewizard
Version available from Doug really is signed and is a riot. I leave my copy on a table with the back cover upward so visitors can read the synopsis of the book. What a hoot. Get one from Doug before they are sold out.(P.S. ask Doug if he has any of his decks of cards available--yet another way to take advantage of Doug's good nature and get more than your money's worth)
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
It's next on my stack. I'd skip right to it, but the thing I'm reading now is for a class. I'm psyched. Can't wait.

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 12:27pm
-------------------------------
Ah screw it. I'm too old to learn anything anyway. I'll go start it now, Doug.
What would Wavy do?
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
LOVED IT! Great Adventure book.
Doug has a very refreshing voice as a writer....grab some popcorn!
Book is very Higley...the man KNOWS things.

I want a Laura Pepper tee shirt!
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I finished last night. That was bloody awesome! I love it. So when are you making the movie, Doug?
What would Wavy do?
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hopefully soon! It is being read by a Director and DP (director of photography as we type! Smile )

Again...anyone who ordered the book eMail or PM me and I'll send you the PDF of the newly revised version. There are a couple of things Café READERS wanted to see added and have 'questions' answered...this increased the book from 113 to 125 pages and made it better in my estimation...so thanks for the tips!

I have 25 copies on order and they will be here soon to be able to sign them.
Higley's Doug's Museum
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of bosque
I finished the book recently and concur that this was big fun to read. As mentioned by others, it screams out for a movie version. It also screams out for a sequel or series of sequels. It reminded me of the 1950's science fiction movies I loved as a kid (and still do...) but with a wry sense of humor percolating beneath the surface. Beautifully done. No pretenses. No slow spots. I want more...
---Steve Bosque
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2236 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I read this work in its first three stages, have not yet read this final updated version, but I most definitely will.

Sam Elliot is my pick to play the lead male character. Who is perfect for the role of Laura? Which actors would you choose Doug?

Kotah
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Tough one? Nope. Laura Pepper: Erin Grey. Nobody close.

With budget consideration, practical choices would be:

Ben: Kevin Sorbo
Gregor: Gil Gerard
Meany: Giovani Ribisi
Johnston: Robert Picardo
Higley's Doug's Museum
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1931 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Sounds like you have a thing for the cast of Buck Rodgers. ;-) Erin Grey was pretty hot.

Though I think you should fit in Bruce Campbell for your cast. Kevin is good, but Bruce is a bigger draw these days.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Bruce costs too much and is too busy. Also there's a connection to Sorbo as well as Gerard (who could be a neat pocket Bruce Willis), both are looking for projects.
Sorbo has a WRYness that is seldom tapped to it's fullest.

Erin Grey is just perfect for many reasons besides the obvious...

I didn't write this with any of them in mind, except I did picture Gerard.

Ribisi is just an awesomely talented actor...who franlkly would be wasted in this but I just put him down anyway...maybe as a guide to readers?

As to Buck Rogers...the two actors in question have done a lot more than that hokey show. Smile
Higley's Doug's Museum
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
Really? He only has......
763 Posts

Profile of Matthew St. Cyr
The book was absolutely awesome! I'm glad to hear that you're having it optioned for a movie. I'll be the first in line to see it! As I was reading the book, it felt more like sitting on the front porch with a couple of drinks and an old friend telling you a fantastic tale. Now, when's the sequel? Smile
The Wonder Lies In The Dark Between The Stars. . .
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
In progress. Smile
Higley's Doug's Museum
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Very nice! I can't wait to read it!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
It will be awhile though, too much on my plate trying to survive. Writing is a luxury.

Pretty intense goings on so far in initial chapters. I wouldn't mind sellin a bunch morer of Out Of The Dust first. haha. I just got 25 copies in and ready to sign of anyone is ready to read. Smile
Higley's Doug's Museum
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

You know what would be kinda cool.....and I'm just kinda tossing this out there......I could very well see Out of the Dust as a serial in book form.......releasing a chapter a month or so.

That would probably be difficult to pull off with your busy schedule......but you must admit, that would be pretty cool!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
How about a Book of the month? Smile
Higley's Doug's Museum
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2236 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Oprah / Harpo Higleys Book Of The Month Club.

Kotah
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Heh heh......The Doug Higley Book Club! Only $9.99 to join.....each month you're sent Doug's new book.....if you are not completely satisfied, you may return the book within the first 30 minutes of receiving it and you will NOT be charge for that month's book. Act now, operators are standing by!

Have you ever considered cloning yourself Doug? Just imagine........you could have your clones take care of everything (and you know you can trust them......cause they're YOU!) and just sit back and relax!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Doug Higley Saves the World (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL