The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Summertime Strolling - Pockets for your Props (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shazammagic
View Profile
New user
Maryland
32 Posts

Profile of shazammagic
Alright folks, it's summertime again and the question of "where do I put my strolling props on a hot day" should be asked.

Avoiding anything that tethers the performer to a certain spot (doctor bag, side table, etc.) what solutions/suggestions do you guys have for prop storage in an outdoor, strolling situation?

Do you bite the bullet and wear a jacket? Or a pocketed vest? How about the timeless and sexy fanny pack or haversack?

No one likes to see a performer in duress; no matter how fashionable you may look in the air conditioning, it's far less becoming with sweat pouring down your face Smile Thoughts appreciated ...
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
Hey Pete, long time no see.

There are a few options, vest probably being the best. You'd be surprised how comfortable a jacket (a full suit even of the proper weight and material can be.) If you get a 100% cotton or linen suit they are surprisingly airy and breathable. H&M had a very affordable linen suit recently, as did J Crew for not too much more.
Linen even has the advantage of absorbing moisture, much as the technical fabrics that athletes wear.

Personally I do the vest with a linen shirt and cropped pants. Given we're in the same geographic range I can certainly commiserate. Here's what I wore last night to perform (admittedly casual, but it could certainly be dressed up by tucking the shirt and maybe even adding a bow tie.

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll447......TY1N.jpg
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I use a leather fanny pack when I don't wear a jacket.

Here is a popular option:

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=64
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
I bought the strolling pouch from Ambitious Card and it is outstanding. Frank is great to deal with and ships very quickly. The strolling pouch doesn't hold quite as much as a fanny pack but on the plus side it is not nearly as bulky. The pouch is very well made and would work well under a sport coat or if it is hot you don't need a coat.

Great for walk around magic,

Walking Bob in Iowa
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I purchased my pouch many years ago.

Before cell phones.

(Lots of pouches have a cell phone pocket now)

Will have it refurbished at the leather shop soon.

Wish I had bought 2 or 3.

I've combed the internet for pouches and nothing comes close to
a resemblence of mine.

It has two front pockets.

One holds two decks of cards and the other holds a few packet tricks, pen and some money/bill tricks.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
You might try cargo pants.

One fellow got a Hawaiian shirt tricked out with pockets and topits. He wore it over a brightly colored tshirt. Not appropriate for all occasions...
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
http://www.theambitiouscard.com/

has some good pouches for street/strolling
Wilber
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Wilber
Get a holster. I use one when ever I perform strolling. It can be worn under a short sleeve button shirt or a light jacket.

Here is an example. http://www.hcmagic.com/ricochet.html#

It makes me you feel badass when you wear it. Ha
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Summertime Strolling - Pockets for your Props (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL