The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » New Spirit Bell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
The Wizard of Hearts
View Profile
Veteran user
Tulsa, Oklahoma
323 Posts

Profile of The Wizard of Hearts
What was it Vernon said, "And a little child shall lead them?"
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
"out of the mouths of babes".....
E.O.I
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
I am VERY interested in purchasing this Spirit Bell. I have not seen any examples of others as this is new to me. (My Financial Advisor, i.e. Girl Friend, is intrigued enough to approve this purchase.) If I were to order this one, would there be several weeks wait for delivery?

I am seriously looking to enhance my Haunted Mentalism Routine and I have a terrific script where this would fit in quite nicely. (If I added this effect to my routine, I would debut the show at the Magic Castle Halloween week).

Georges-Robert
magic@mysteryandillusion.com
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
The status of the Wenger Spirit Bell is this. We sold out of the first run almost instantly. I sent out an e-mail to some of my top customers and they wiped them out within 15 minutes of the new site going live.

The next batch will be in about 1 month maybe less but most of this batch is now sold too. We will deliver them as they become available to customers in the order they were purchased.

Please understand that while the Wenger Spirit Bell appears like a very simple device the amount of detailed work to build each one take some serious time. I know that by watching a sterile video you may think you understand the workings and you might but the detail in build is definitely not apparent in the trailer.

Also consider that in actual performance there are many ways to throw the hounds off of the scent. I'm not going to get specific but I've been using the Bell for months. With a good presentation and a little thought it's easy to both destroy and entertain or scare your audience with this device.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On 2009-06-28 03:01, Roth wrote:
Look for "The Departed" this summer

Made by Josephus Hobbs in 1903 for sale to carnival fakes

A Tim Wissemann, Karl Feret Outlaw effect

A dead rap and spirit bell sucker cabinet

We need a thread for the sucker cabinet Mr. Roth.

Back on topic, this spirit bell is pretty cool and I like the fact that it can be assembled. I love Dead Ringer and Dead Rap and I'm not sure if collecting spirit bells would sit to well with the wife but maybe.
Anyway, nice work and I dig the saved by the bell story and this spirit bell looks like something could be done with it along those lines.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2009-06-28 17:18, JAlenS wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-28 03:01, Roth wrote:
Look for "The Departed" this summer

Made by Josephus Hobbs in 1903 for sale to carnival fakes

A Tim Wissemann, Karl Feret Outlaw effect

A dead rap and spirit bell sucker cabinet

We need a thread for the sucker cabinet Mr. Roth.

Back on topic, this spirit bell is pretty cool and I like the fact that it can be assembled. I love Dead Ringer and Dead Rap and I'm not sure if collecting spirit bells would sit to well with the wife but maybe.
Anyway, nice work and I dig the saved by the bell story and this spirit bell looks like something could be done with it along those lines.

You are correct Smile

The title of the thread "a new spirit bell" is rather general, and opened the door for a "spirit bell" discussion.

If it had said the name of the bell and been a review, I would not have "stepped" on the thread. Smile

RR
The Departed coming soon.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I´ve seen this baby and was let in on the gimmick. It is unlike anything out there, believe me. Unless I am mistaken, you will not find another spirit bell which you can assemble in front of the audience. The makings of this one are really ingenious. I am not a bizarrist, but am going to get one for the fleas to ring to open the flea circus. It is a stunner . . .
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I'm with Eddie on getting them all and having a very unusual collection indeed! And I like how visual the movement is especially in front of large audiences that are a ways away.
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
539 Posts

Profile of remote guy
I just want to Thank everyone that purchased The Wenger Spirit Bell.

Nick
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Just wanted to give every one an update. With the launch of my new site the Wenger Spirit Bell stock sold out almost immediately.

We are still taking orders and will be filling the orders as fast as we can. At this point there's a 4 week wait.
So if you're interested place your order to save your spot in line.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Jon Stetson
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of Jon Stetson
Just ordered mine Bob. Can't wait to work with it. If it's not a winner , the KMan won't put his name on it!
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1251 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I took a look at the video. I too was wondering about the slack in the middle of the string.

However, when I saw the contraption built in front of me and then work, that sold me on it. Just wish I could afford it at this juncture in time. (Trying to buy a house.)

When I perform seances, which is where I would use this, the atmosphere is a dimly lit room and some candles lit. This alone should be enough cover for the lack of slack. Although at one point in the video, it did look like the string did go slack.

Good luck with this. Should my finances change, I'm ordering one.

EVILDAN.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Of course... where the slack is... is maybe where the ghost grips it... as mentioned on another thread... have the lights go out suddenly... when they come back on... the ghost has left an impression of its hand in some form of medium...like wax or whatever...

I got some other ideas too oomph this gizmo
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
I've watched the video trailer a zillion times. I see slack appear in the rope from every angle except from the back.

Even the second shot which is zoomed in so far that you can't see the rope before the bell rings has the rope appear at the top of the video frame as the rope goes slack.

I'll agree that the slack doesn't last long but the entire event when the Bell rings is sudden and over quickly.
I've been doing various test routines with the Bell now for a couple of months and in my opinion the audience focus is on the bell, not the rope.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Here is a good story just for the heck of it.

"The Witch's Garden"

It was during the great pandemic of 1918 that 20 to 40 million people, between the ages of twenty and forty years old, died of the flu: 675,000 died in America alone. The majority would die from complications brought on by a severe form of pneumonia. Those that caught the flu would literally drown from the y foam pouring forth from their mouths and sinuses.

The people living on the Camas Prairie, in Idaho, shared the flu-borne misery with others around the world. There were a few people who lived on the prairie, around the towns of Craigmont and Dublin, Idaho, that came down with what the local doctors thought was a variant of the influenza virus. In these cases a person would come down with the flu, and then after a very high fever he or she would slip into a like coma.

Believing their patients had died, the doctors would consign them over to the morticians to be buried. The use of formaldehyde to embalm the wasn't in practice at the time, and there was always the risk of burying a person alive. To insure against an untimely burial, the mortician would tie a string around the departed's wrist and run the string through a hole in the coffin's lid.

He would then thread it through a pipe which would extend three inches above the ground after burial. The final step would be to attach the string to a small bell, and, if the person wasn't truly , he or she could ring the bell to be rescued. The grieving relatives would hold gravesite vigils hoping to hear the bell, but life on the prairie was hard in those days and not much time could be spared when there was so much work to do. And, unbeknownst to them, they weren't the only ones hoping to hear a bell ring.

One old woman named Claw spent all her time at the Dublin Cemetery. She stood about five foot tall with her long gray hair tied in a single braid that fell down her back. It was hard to tell what her age and race was, but with her black quilted jacket and yellow wrinkled face most people thought she might be a coolie. Claw had a quick smile and a singsong voice, which not only put people at ease but also kept them from seeing her hard beady black eyes.

She appeared in town a year before the flu had raised its first tombstone and had taken residence in a shack not far from the graveyard. Claw had blown into town like a tumbleweed and had stuck fast on headstones of the Dublin Cemetery. When asked about why she spent so much time there, Claw explained that her husband had died at sea, and it brought her comfort to spend time in the cemetery.

No one really had any time to take care of the property, and since she was willing, the Mayor of Dublin hired her as caretaker. She assured one and all that she would care for their lost ones as if they were her own, and if a grave bell should ring she would alert the authorities. Day and night she could be found there.

The townsfolk thought she was a little odd, but they were soon caught up in their daily work and forgot all about her. Deep into the night, when all were asleep, she would sit there like an ancient spider with only the toads to keep her company. She would sing to them in their own tongue, and the toads would croak along with her as she patiently waited for a bell to ring. This was her garden, and beneath the ground laid the fruits of her labor.

http://www.michaellamping.com/sneakpeek.html

R
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Awesome story...
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1251 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I'm not sure of the operation of the spirit bell, but it looks like a haunted artifact could be placed on the based to draw the spirit in. The ringing of the bell is the spirit moving around the artifact and communicating with us.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6165 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
In the past there were many devices attached to the coffins so that the unfortunate person waking up in the coffin could signal he was alive.

It was so prevalent that cemeteries started hiring people to stay overnight and listen for any of the devices to go off. That's where we get the expression "the graveyard shift" for those nightly shifts.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Greg, that is a very nice addition to Ray's story.
Magic is a vanishing art.
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
The bell would tie in nicely with one of Christopher Taylors efects on his DVD The Unconventional .
Mark
E.O.I
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » New Spirit Bell (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL