The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bob Kohler Magic is Back!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
So the Magic Café is the heart of the "Baby Boomer Nation." There are a lot of us hitting the big 60.

I love the classics. To me the Cylinder & Coins is a must learn routine much like the Cups & Balls. There are so many incredible magic lessons learning the routine will teach you. For some these lessons are hurdles but for me it was pure joy fighting through the mechanics, the timing, the misdirection. The lesson on Ramsay's vanish and his misdirection for the vanish alone is easily worth the time, effort and expense to get the Farelli book.

I had the good fortune from learning about Ramsay and the Cylinder from my great friend Tim Conover. We met in 1894 and instantly bonded. When we met we decided to do some trading. Tim taught me the original version from the Victor Farelli book.

The routine has long been considered the test piece for coinmen. Ramsay's handling is really difficult. Consider this: the performer has to convincingly vanish 4 silver dollars. The coins never leave your hands and the audience has to be convinced they are gone. Add in the fact that you have to vanish the coins silently!

It took me one full year to be able to perform the routine in front of people. This was to get the routine up to speed. It took several more years to discover there correct presentation for me to get the audience to care, react strongly to the routine and remember it for a long time.

I've never stopped doing the routine. I love it. Over the years I've made many adjustments. But I really think that if you're going to do the routine you really have to live with Ramsay's original version before you make any changes to the routine. It's sort of the rite of passage.

Here's the bad news. I won't publish the routine until Tim Conover either publishes his routine or gives me his blessing as there are still after all these years parts of his handling and touches that are Tim's.

I've got at least four major routines for the Cylinder. I think Tim has even more.
Maybe one day we'll put it all out. I really have no idea when.

The Rising Cards will not come out for a long time. This is the one routine I'll keep until I actually retire completely from performing. Maybe then, but just maybe.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1093 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Bob Kohler said: "...we met in 1894"

Darn, you ARE old! lol

I'm glad you're going to keep your rising cards to yourself. Sort of like Kenner's mystical last coin vanish that has become legendary. These sorts of things add to the mystery and power of magic.

All the best,

MJ
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
516 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
REFRESHING words from BK.

As much as I would like to see his work, I respect him more for holding it back! Life is better suited with a little mystery left in it in the age of information!

Kudos,

paul H.
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
1894, it was a previous life. Apparently in that life I had Dyslexia and my typing skills were suspect!
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1047 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Hi Bob
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Hi John,
Thanks to everyone for the huge response to the new site.

For those who signed up for the newsletter and free trick our site sends out a confirmation email that you need to click on to get the free Jack Birnman trick. So in case you missed this email you can search your emails for "no-reply" or "bobkohlermagic.com". There's always a chance that the email ended up in a folder for spam or junk mail.

Check it out. This trick is great, it's almost self-working and has a funny, interesting plot.

Bob
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
That's a great "almost" self-working card trick. Bob, do you know where I can get the video of Jack Birnman at FFFF?
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
831 Posts

Profile of andykean
Great trick thanks Bob
Superb new site!
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Any chance you will be putting out Spill's Blood from Stone or Himber Ring routine soon?
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
374 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
I second mumford's question..."Any chance you will be putting out Spill's Blood from Stone or Himber Ring routine soon?"

Thanks,

Nick
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
And bring back Spill's Eye-Popper.
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Due to the current state of magic "manufacturers" like "Magic Takers" I've decided to simply not talk about what's coming out, plans or ideas any longer.

I know it's a pain in the A** and takes a lot of fun out of life but if you only knew how much time I actually spend keeping our products from being swiped you'd feel the same way.

I love working with Steve. He's a great friend and a creative genius. That's all I can say.

BK
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
374 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
Haha, you just took a lot of fun out my life.

Nick
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Nick I'm sure we can replace the fun...
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1054 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Bob could you at least tell us how soon we might expect your next new release?
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Can you tell us IF there will be any more Steve Spill releases?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Bob's site has a summer sale plus you get free shipping on all sale items ( includes international orders )

https://www.bobkohlermagic.com/on-sale.cfm
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
The sale will end soon...don't delay!
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
psychicJeff
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of psychicJeff
I am liking the new site! Thanks Bob!
The Magic & Mindreading of Jeff Deans.

www.jeffdeans.com Coming soon!
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
The new site is only going to get better as we ad more new features for our customers. Check back often.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bob Kohler Magic is Back!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.41 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL