The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » David Regal's New "Plumber's Helper" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4190 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Pete is just excited. Are we not all?
It is a Plumbing prop Renaissance and we all shall benefit.

Peace pipes all around.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I was being silly and it has turned sour. Sorry all.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1336 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I got this today, it is like Christmas in July! It is very well put together. Very clever and not thrown together. Looks well thought out. No complaints! The DVD was very good and to the point, which I like, no filler.

I'm going to change the story, instead of north, south, east, west, here in New Orleans we locals give directions, not with compas directions, but River side, Lake Side, This side of I-10, And the West Bank is actually toward the East!

I can tell when an out of towner is giving me directions, they say the house is on the North East corner, and I really don't know what they are talking about. I only know the city from the Lakeside or the riverside, airport or downtown.

Then with all the new construction after all the Hurricanes here, this looks like something you will see. Every other person here is in construction, and the biggest industry is Lowe's and Home Depot!

I can say I got one of the fly by night contractors to fix my house after Katrina, and this is what they did after I paid them and they left town.( This is like stuff that really happened to people here).

It will take a few days to write the story, when I get it perfected, I will share.

ACE
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4190 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Sounds so great ACE!
Lovely theme!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Here's a line I thought of if I had Regal's Plumber's Helper.

As you display the prop: "You probably wonder where I got this. Got it on Ebay... the ad said, 'Like new, used only three times on insurgents at Gitmo!"
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Huh?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Waterbording.. I've used it and it gets a solid laugh.
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Quote:
On 2009-07-09 01:56, Pete Biro wrote:

Ah torture jokes...where would we be without them !!
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1479 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Quote:
On 2009-07-08 23:52, Pete Biro wrote:
Here's a line I thought of if I had Regal's Plumber's Helper.

As you display the prop: "You probably wonder where I got this. Got it on Ebay... the ad said, 'Like new, used only three times on insurgents at Gitmo!"

That made me laugh out loud.
gunthard
View Profile
New user
Germany
86 Posts

Profile of gunthard
Quote:
On 2009-07-09 01:56, Pete Biro wrote:

Sorry, but I cannot laugh about your line.
Gunthard
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Yeah, a low brow line, I agree. Unless you're performing for the CIA maybe.

How about returning to topic and we get off "funny" lines about war, torture and politics.

David, when will your next batch of Plumber's Helpers be up and ready for sale?
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
642 Posts

Profile of Winks
Mine arrived yesterday. Very pleased. I wrapped some duct tape around the tubing in one spot just to add to the ambiance. Many, many possibilities here with the ending of the working faucet.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1515 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I just got the last one in stock from Hocus Pocus - Paul is great to deal with by the way! This will going into next year's reading show - which has a water theme - "Make a Splash at Your Library."

I can't wait for it to arrive!
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1336 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I wish I would have had these with me at the Birthday party I did yesterday. While I was setting up,
the little 10 year old girl asked if I do the "milk" trick. I said I used to, but kept spilling the milk, and the dad looked releived. He said, no we don't want that.(A very rich house).
So then the girl asked if I do ANY liquid tricks!
If I had the Plumber's Helper with me, I could have did that to her!

I need to keep this in my car, like David said, once set up, throw them in the back of the car and you are always ready to go!

ACE
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1486 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
For those of you who might want a routine other than the one than comes with this effect I have just written one. It has not been tested on an audience but I think it is kind of funny. I will only send this to those who actually have the effect. If you email me at mrmagic0@gmail.com and tell me what the last word is on the inside cover of the DVD I will send it to you. You can use it if you like.

Ron

PS I like this effect a lot.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4190 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I finally got around to opening mine today...and I admit loving it.

Remarkably lighter in weight than I anticipated..even while loaded with water.

Works like a charm. DVD explaining everything was entertaining and complete.
It is very cleverly designed inside and out with multiple cool secret features. David Regal is funny and smart.

I have not tried the steady pour yet but the gushing water is hilarious...it really gushes out strong...a wonderful thing.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1777 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Pete I like your line maybe it was layed out to do 2 at once since they are being released so quickly
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
Sunny Idaho
1540 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Quote:
On 2009-07-12 19:45, Acecardician wrote:
I wish I would have had these with me at the Birthday party I did yesterday. While I was setting up, the little 10 year old girl asked if I do the "milk" trick. I said I used to, but kept spilling the milk, and the dad looked releived. He said, no we don't want that.(A very rich house). So then the girl asked if I do ANY liquid tricks! If I had the Plumber's Helper with me, I could have did that to her!

I need to keep this in my car, like David said, once set up, throw them in the back of the car and you are always ready to go!

ACE

The father was relieved because you didn't do any liquid tricks in his very expensive home, but you lamented the fact that you didn't have Plumber's Helper in your car so you could have sprayed pressurized water everywhere?

I don't get it.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1336 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
He was releived I did not have MILK to spill.
She asked if I did MILK trick, and I said how messy milk is and I've ruined many props with it, because I would always spill it in my case. Then she asked if I could do ANY liquid tricks. I did not mention there was a pool party going on, and they all came in dripping wet. A little water splashed into a pail would not hurt anything. Maybe I could watch the man freak out and everything would be okay.

I said I had to do my show indoors. I could have ran outside to do this before they all came in, as I was still setting up while the one girl was sitting there asking questions.

I was just commenting on the fact that David said you can have this ready and I could have had it ready. It was unusual that this was the first time someone asked if I do liquid tricks and I just got this!

I think you are thinking to hard. Don't try to figure it out. I was just rambling.

http://s474.photobucket.com/albums/rr110......tart=all

ACE Smile
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Quote:
On 2009-07-07 17:16, Pete Biro wrote:
Yikes... just got an order for 8 sets of Plumber's Sticks from Joe Stevens. To work.

Ya, Pete, not going to lie, but this is just bad taste - I came here trying to find information on DR's effect and had to read a page about yours and although I totally respect your work and creations, Start your own thread and show some class!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » David Regal's New "Plumber's Helper" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL