The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Proximity - New from Craig Filicetti (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..23~24~25 [Next]
mentalis
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of mentalis
Hi
Just a quick note to all of you here on the Café, The Proximity Stash Lighters I make and sell are cut down and reworked to a size which measures around 6cm long this is the minimum I can cut down the lighter and still have the bottom cap hold in place very well. A few people have asked if I can make the lighters smaller due to different hand sizes etc. Unfortuantley I have tried this and it completley ruins the lighter as the bottom end cap will not stay in place and the lighter looks very unrealistic and looks like a gimmick and not a natural object!!! To insure the quality of my work I with regret will not be able to make the lighters any smaller than 6cm. Although I don't have very big hands and the lighters work just fine for me. But I wanted to make this point clear. Many thanks and sorry I can not help all who have asked about shortening the lighters less than around 6cm. Smile
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Would you be willing to maybe make a Bic stash lighter for me with a mini Bic mentalis? At a cost of course Smile I would make one myself if I had shop space along with a hacksaw.
mentalis
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of mentalis
Hi kissdadookie, I have sent you a PM!!! Smile
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I just viewed the pics for this and it looks great. Well done mentalis, I will be ordering one of these in the very near fture Smile

Daren
Twitter @darjames
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Quote:
On 2009-11-10 10:35, kissdadookie wrote:
Would you be willing to maybe make a Bic stash lighter for me with a mini Bic mentalis? At a cost of course Smile I would make one myself if I had shop space along with a hacksaw.

I spent hours making mine the other day, it was no easy task. In the end I am still iffy as to the end cap of the bic lighters - I worry that it will come out and I will lose the tag. The screw type stash lighters are definitely a safer option. However I am going to continue to work out a way to use a bic!

Mentalis sent me pics of is gum - pretty darned impressive! I only wish that our packets here looked like that, I would have jumped at one!
mentalis
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of mentalis
Hi Luke

If you find a gum packet similar but used in Aus let me know as I could let you know how to de-foil if needed and send instructions of how to apply it to the gimmick!!! This also stands for anyone else with this concern. Smile
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Ok guys, I'm going to post the link to my flickr with images of the "gum gimmick" I've been using since the prototype Prox tags with the little physically extruding antennas Smile It will be in the Promystic forum, watch out for it folks, watch out for it (ETA is about an hour from the time this post gets posted). DIY, very low tech, completely innocent. I don't know about other countries but this one is perfect for US based users Smile The cost to make is the cost of a pack of bubblegum and it literally takes about 10-15 minutes to make one.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Thanks Kissdadookie! I'm looking forward to it! Smile
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Alrighty, the link has been posted on the Promystic forum.
mentalis
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of mentalis
Just a quick note to let all who are interested in my, The Proximity Gum Gimmick I have now tweaked the design and managed to lose a whole cm in length so the gimmick now measures in at around 4.5cm and fits in the hand (for which hand type effects) VERY nicely I will post new pics on craig's forum ASAP!!! Smile
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Well I got my Proximity!

This is crazy, I'm speechless. Craig is not an electronic hobbyist so you can't go wrong with this.
Your reviews are 100% correct, thank you all.

Craig thank you for being so honest and being concerned with your customers. Never got an email from a dealer asking me if I need help or just to know how I'm doing with the product. Great customer service!!!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
It is incredibly good service indeed Elcio. Smile
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Anyone ever had any on say any thing about the noise? I know it's not loud but I have a gig tonight and it's for a smaller group. Usually I perform for larger groups and I am up front further away or in a walk around situation where there is abit of noise but this gig is going to be a lot more up close and personal. Maybe I'm jsut nervous about it and thinking to much because I know about it?

Daren
Twitter @darjames
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
The only time I was caught was performing this for my wife in the evening. She was in bed and she heard it vibrate. There was no TV on and very quiet.

I'll understand if you all want to take some shots at my post! After rereading this I guess this can go down the wrong road... SmileLOL!!!
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Well that's very adventures of you mike, finding new ways to use this anywase, kinki to say the least. lol

Daren
Twitter @darjames
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Proximity is incredible. I've always been a low tech fanatic but the reliability of Craig's products has made me a believer.

I remembered Robert M saying that Multi Dimensional was as close to the real thing as you get. I decided to believe him and took the plunge along with Proximity recently. I have to say they both far surpassed expectations and are the best investments I've made in quite some time.

Craig also doesn't exactly procrastinate in his shipping. It seemed I bearly had hit the buy button and they were at my door.

Thanks Craig. Thanks Robert.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:
On 2009-11-20 12:52, Daren James wrote:
Anyone ever had any on say any thing about the noise? I know it's not loud but I have a gig tonight and it's for a smaller group. Usually I perform for larger groups and I am up front further away or in a walk around situation where there is abit of noise but this gig is going to be a lot more up close and personal. Maybe I'm jsut nervous about it and thinking to much because I know about it?

Daren

well to answear my question here, no one noticed a thing and come to think of it I couldn't here it my self. The room was a bit bigger then I though but still I was very close up and nothing was noticed. I got to say that I love this thing!!!!

Daren
Twitter @darjames
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
As Mike found out, there are not too many venues where the "noise" will be a problem. I would say that performances during prayer time, either in church or at funerals, could be risky, but even then ambient noise would probably cover you.

Since most of us, unlike Mike, do not perform tricks in bed with our domestic partners that rely on vibrating devices, at least with the lights on, I don't see where this will is a serious problem, either.

DK
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
For best results always use vibrating devices with the lights on,unless your afraid.
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Quote:
On 2009-11-21 04:30, Dark Knight wrote:
As Mike found out, there are not too many venues where the "noise" will be a problem. I would say that performances during prayer time, either in church or at funerals, could be risky, but even then ambient noise would probably cover you.

Since most of us, unlike Mike, do not perform tricks in bed with our domestic partners that rely on vibrating devices, at least with the lights on, I don't see where this will is a serious problem, either.

DK

totally laughing out loud! I knew I set my self up with that. Smile

the noise is totally not a problem. I peformed this in a quiet living room and it killed. I also performed this outside in a close up situation, it killed. Unless you are attending a funeral, percorming in an empty church or bedroom with your wife/significant other you will be ok. Smile

there is seriously NO worry about the noise. Your cell phone is louder!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Proximity - New from Craig Filicetti (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL