The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Center Tear Restored (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
I saw a magician bring out a single piece of paper approximately 14" X 24" with a playing card printed on it. He folded it up and then tore out the center of the card (paper). He showed the square piece of paper (card) and then placed it back inside the folds of the paper. When he opened it up it was restored. He showed both sides of the paper (card). Any idea what the name of theis trick is??
Thanks
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
It sounds like Neil Foster's Center Tear available from Abbott's. Lance Burton used this in his dove act for years.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I prefer this method because it allows me all the cover I need to steal a dove afterwards and I can roll the remaining paper into a small ball to transpose in my Gloves to Dove for another dove from the restored newspaper. I have used it since the 70s.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Yup, sounds like Foster's all right, and it is a great tear, used it many a time, and there are numerous ways you can play it.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
Thanks Guys,

I've contacted Abbott's
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have used a full size newspaper for years and went right into the mutilated parasol with the same paper. It is a very good visual tear that leaves you with minimal extra thickness in the paper.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
That adds to the logic that the size of the newspaper is not the show. However, how you use it next is important.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I like the John de Vries Gospel magic Center Tear (sold by Doc Haley/Steve Varro), really nice effect. I may try to film it this Saturday for http://www.ChristianMagician.org I worked for John as his "roadie" in 1971, he loved doing this center tear with the story papers printed up exactly for him (and now sold). John was the past president of FCM and used to do the "Magi Ministers" lecture yearly for Abbott's. A great magic inventor and wonderful man... Roger from http://www.ChristianMagician.org
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Center Tear Restored (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL