The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Beginner's Bill Switch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kamaitachi
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Kamaitachi
Hi,
I have never done anything with paper money before, so I'm really only looking for basic, beginner moves, like different bill switches.
What would be a good way to start out in that branch of magic?
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Bill Switch using TT, I recommend you to check:
The ultimate bill switch kit: http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......ultimate

Money Morph: http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......rd=money

Then you might also want to learn:
Time is Money: http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......rd=money

$1 to $5 transposition - Above Top Secret: http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......d=secret

Good luck.
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
bigchuck
View Profile
Veteran user
Nothing clever has ever been said in my
400 Posts

Profile of bigchuck
I use Money Morph -- I got a used copy some years ago and for 7 or 8 dollars I got a method that is a real worker which I will probably be using until my dying day.
"The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. - Frank Zappa"
rjthomp
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena
192 Posts

Profile of rjthomp
Extreme burn, a multiple bill switch, is much easier than any single bill switch I know of.

For single bill switches, I'd recommend the WGM money dvd, which has three: Sankey, and Michael Close have thumb tip switchs while Mark Leveridge has a very nice non thumb tip switch.

There's a nice write-up of the thumb tip switch in Ammars "magic of MA" book

-Rob
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
The Switch book by Jon Lovick has everything you need. Excellent resource with lots of switches, subtleties, notes on psychology and presentation, as well as several routines.
MarvinWang
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of MarvinWang
There is one in the Greatest Money Magic that uses blank paper and a bill that you don't need to do sleight of hand which is quite easy for beginner.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2680 Posts

Profile of John Long
You should look at two dollar window from Penguin magic (oops, I said the "p" word). It is very visual.

I do it converting two $1's into a $100. I give the "explanation" that when you fold money, it looks like you have more. So I thought if I keep folding it, it looks like I have a lot of money. The trick is, can I unfold it and still have it look like a lot of money.
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
Continuing in this thread, as opposed to making a new one....

I don't know if there's a different term for what I want to do. I see most of the switches referenced as something that turns a small denomination into a large.

I am looking to switch a $1 for a $1 without detection, and without drawing any attention to the switch. I need to do so for a routine for which a switch should be completely unknown.

I've considered a switching wallet, but I want to avoid even putting the bill in something else.

This is probably sleights 101, but I could use some direction in where to look for the basics of this.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1722 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
To switch a 1$ bill for another 1$ bill you just need some misdirection and a simple sleight of hand, used generally with coins and other small objects.

Oliver.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
837 Posts

Profile of brainman
Hypnobill ; )
T
Merlin911
View Profile
New user
Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania
16 Posts

Profile of Merlin911
Hi,

Check out Grant's Million Dollar Mystery. Easy to do, great transposition, and part of it happens in the spectators own hands. . . I would also recommend getting Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Money Magic series from L&L publishing . . .Packed with all kinds of good money magic, Bills and coins. Can't go wrong with anything Ammar puts out.

Dan
Never underestimate your ability to touch the lives around you in so many ways!
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
883 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
I can't believe there is no WGM Bill Switch DVD yet...

I would go with the Switch Book, it is a great source for almost all of the switches out there. Lovick's Switch, the 100th Dollar Bill Switch, I think it is called, is great and can also be found on the first volume of Reel Magic Magazine DVD if you are a visual...learner.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Beginner's Bill Switch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL