The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Thor: Hammer of the gods (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
For those of you who enjoy either comic books or the movies that are made from them, the Scifi channel made this one. I guess some heard there was a plan to produce a big budget feature film about Odin's favorite son, and wanted to beat them to the punch and the dollar.

This film would have represented 2 hours of my life that I can never get back, but I put it on the TiVo so I was able to FF through commercials.

As it was, it was about an hour and 20 minuets of my life that I will never get back. I really cannot give the movie any complements at all. The acting was bad and the script was worse. The director called for several poor cuts and fades.

I realize that due to Marvel Comics copyrights, there was much they had to avoid, but this guy wasn't even a superhero. He was a lowly viking with a big ego and a bigger mouth. All the other vikings were pretty much the same.

I would tell you what I really thought of the movie, but I cannot use profanity here at the Café. Add this one to the thread about bad movies.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
I am a card guy and Jim Steranko is one of my super hero’s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Steranko
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
So I guess you're really Thor about having wasted your time on this flick then.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I stuck with it for all of 90 seconds.
Thanks for letting me know it didn't get any better.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-06-30 09:38, tommy wrote:
I am a card guy and Jim Steranko is one of my super hero’s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Steranko

Did Steranko do any work on the Thor title?

Great artist and I love his S.H.I.E.L.D. work, but what does he have to do with Thor?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
Nothing. Not that I know of. Why? Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I don't think he did. If anything, he may have done a cover. I'm also a huge fan of Steranko. I've met him twice and he's really quite a character. I had purchased a Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD #1 and he signed it for me. Then I said, "Would you mind one more?" and gave him my copy of Steranko on cards. We talked at length about magic and he was pleased that I do a few things from that book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Thor: Hammer of the gods (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL