The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Core By Pit Hartling (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TomJHodgson
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of TomJHodgson
The Core
By
Pit Hartling

Where At? http://www.vanishingincmagic.com

http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/mag...oads/the-core/

How Much? $10

Thoughts: I accually just recently purchased Pits book "Card Fictions" from Vanishing Inc it arrived last week and I'm loving it. Pits style of card magic is Phenomenal its out there the methods are weird, wacky and a lot of fun some even quite hard. As soon as I saw this and learned the method it is very much Pits "Brand" ,If I may say, of magic. Method wise I think its very smart and I'm into it so I've performed it plenty of times with amazing reactions. You NEVER look at the face of the cards during the routine no glimpses the deck is left alone on the table until the stripping process and that is amazingly fair. So overall I love this effect and his presentation is fun. Lets Break this down now and see how we go.

What They Say: Pit Hartling performs and explains an extremely deceptive name-a-card trick with a charming presentation. His book is a modern classic full of great material, but the Core is taught here exclusively.

Teaching: The Teaching was great! I felt a few things were rushed such as the "Extra Tip" but it didn't take me to long with playing around to get everything right. The video runs for about 12 mins and that is plenty of time to learn the basic concept and idea behind it. Pit is a great teacher and runs through everything clearly I laughed when I learned the method top stuff.

Method: The method is interesting I personally love the idea but I think for other people some may find it difficult. It uses a bit of math which in my eyes is quite simple but for some I think like said it might get confusing with performing. The Method is just so Smart like I said in "Thoughts" its very much a Pit Hartling "Brand" Trick. Now this trick was acually inspired by another effect using this Concept it happens to be a Mentalist effect which acually sounds very interesting. Though I think some people might find one part of the effect impractical due to a set up though it will only take you a minute tops and at the end of the effect you can instant reset just about using a method explained by Pit.

Applications: Ok now Pit doesn't go over any other applications but he briefly explains the idea behind the trick that inspired this and how it briefly works I acually want to try make some really cool ideas using this "System" and can't wait to start playing around with it. I like the fact he didn't give any extra applications. It allows me to explore my own ideas and effects using the concept.

Quality: Like I usually say there is nothing wrong here multiple angles are shown making the learning process easier and you get to see Pit

So if you like the look of the effect your ok with doing a bit of maths, If you like Pit Hartlings work, If you want to try something new, even if you think you will use this I think you should check it out.

I don't think you will be dissapointed.

Tom
Astone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Astone
Great review, I've bought that trick too and I must say this is really good. I also love all Pit's tricks and his unique way of thinking.
As for other applications you'll be able to find some easily if you take the time to think about it.

Pierre
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
I just purchased The Core and have to say it's fantastic. Lots of potential for presentation and it's very direct and impossible looking. I've always been drawn to Pit's magic since he always manages to come up very unique and entertaining presentations. Yes, there's a little bit of math involved, but it's not at all complicated. Pit mentions his inspiration for the concept used in this effect and it sounds very familiar. If Pit or anyone else on the Café who owns this effect knows the effect he mentioned, please send me a PM. I'm sure I have the book containing that effect, I just don't remember which one.
Cliff Gregory Wollin
moualb
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of moualb
Gregory,

Not sure I understand your question but I think that the concept involved is just about a series of reverse faros ?
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
Sorry, I meant to say that Pit mentions a routine using an object other than cards as the inspiration for The Core, in which he has applied the concept to cards. I recognized the effect he mentioned, but just can't remember the book or author, although I think it might be an Al Mann routine.
Cliff Gregory Wollin
moualb
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of moualb
His inspiration could be a routine from Martin Gardner 'Paradox Papers'
Pit Hartling is really a brilliant thinker. Check his book Card Fictions.
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
I have Card Fictions as well as his lecture booklet, I believe it's called Little Green Lecture Notes, which includes his routine, Chaos......Brilliant thinker is right.
Cliff Gregory Wollin
TomJHodgson
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of TomJHodgson
He definately is an amazing thinker I can't wait to see more of his stuff!
MANOS FRIAS
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
126 Posts

Profile of MANOS FRIAS
Is this effect the same included in S. Beam' s Semi Automatic Card Tricks vol 7?
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
Ha! It IS the same!

I can't count how many times I've been referred to some killer effect from the Semi-automatic books (I have them all) that I passed over when I first read it. Steve Beam could take these books, make video clips of each effect and sell them individually as digital downloads. He'd make a fortune. As it is, nobody talks about these books on this forum. A pity.

Thank God for the value of real books!

P.S. As noted in the book, the inspiration for this effect was, indeed, Martin Gardner's Paradox Papers.
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Does it use a mem. deck?
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
Stacked--your choice. Make it easy on yourself if desired.
xaviormagic
View Profile
New user
New York
28 Posts

Profile of xaviormagic
Lennart greene has a nicer easier version where the card placment is easier to remember, just think 5+1 and then there is minor displacement at the end.
xaviormagic
View Profile
New user
New York
28 Posts

Profile of xaviormagic
Just as a side note I didn't mean nicer or easier more just another method to the same end
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
668 Posts

Profile of Alel
My initial thought was that the routine which this is inspired from is the particular newspaper test which can be found in 'Pentagram'.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5133 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
This is good, a true worker in the real world. And, easy to do.
I give it 9 out 10.
Download the video and start having fun - now!
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of magicthree
I put up a review there because I felt it was that good.
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of jcroop
It's very good, I agree 9/10
Very reasonably priced.
Glad I purchased the download some time ago.

But I wouldn't call it easy. There's a lot going on.
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of magicthree
To make it easier to do I put the numbers I need to know written on the bottom of the card case and facing towards me.
alistair.crompton
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of alistair.crompton
FYI, the latest version of the Stack Master application (stack training app) includes a dedicated training module for this cool routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Core By Pit Hartling (16 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL