The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Tricks to Teach First Graders? URGENT Help Needed! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
Johnathan Townsend has a lot more than
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
I teach magic during the summer to kids in a day camp. I clearly stated before the summer that I can not teach any kids younger than 2nd grade, but somehow they forgot about that and I have on my schedule 5 groups (sizes ranging from 10-25 kids) of first graders that I need to teach (each group comes for 40 min) and they can't change the schedule until NEXT week.

I am teaching the other kids (2nd grade and up) the Criss-Cut-Force and so far it has gone over well, but I feel first graders are way too young for that and can't even hold the deck for more than a few seconds before loosing cards.

So what I need is ONE (or more) trick(s) that I can teach these first graders. Something that will take about 30-40 min to teach and that they won't think is boring or "too stupid."

Can anyone help me?

TIA,
Uriel Nashofer
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia
Spanky
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
81 Posts

Profile of Spanky
I spent a lot of time last summer teach 5-7 year olds, try things like a simple thumb vanish, maybe teach them how to do a very (VERY) simple sponge ball routine.

Or even a torn and restored napkin. Most of the kids wont get it, but they'll have fun tearing napkins up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Tricks to Teach First Graders? URGENT Help Needed! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL