The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Card Productions by Joe Jesse (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dredz
View Profile
Loyal user
La Famiglia! East Coast
257 Posts

Profile of Dredz
Nothing new or special. Me and my wife Nikki performing our show at the Coral Beach Resort in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. This is the card part of our 9 minute act to music.

The show is an all ages show. I hope you like the video. Make sure you rate it!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KTesEG2vBE
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Wow Joey Koins with Hair lol
good to see you perform Joe, nice job
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Very entertaining!
Thanks,

MMc
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Excellent!
Dredz
View Profile
Loyal user
La Famiglia! East Coast
257 Posts

Profile of Dredz
Quote:
On 2009-07-01 04:53, vinsmagic wrote:
Wow Joey Koins with Hair lol
good to see you perform Joe, nice job
vinny

Thanks Vinny!!!! I figured I would grow out my hair one last time while I still can. Smile

I am glad you all liked it. Thanks. Please rate the video if it's not too much trouble.
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
You can do the manipulations very well I have no criticism to give you on that front. But, I would consider toning down the zaney/ melodramatic expressions.

Who is your character in this situation? Would you really act like that and why?

Performers often resort to this "zaney over the top style" in order to hide their lack of ability. This is not the case w/ you. You can do all of the stuff well. So I would tone down that character a bit.

Consider using your assistant more- why is she there? To hold the hat?

Consider at the very least some dramatic premise to add to the routine- are you for example, trying to impress her or "pick her up" during this sketch?

If so, I can imagine many moments of comedy and by-play that could evolve. Perhaps she is not initially interested or impressed by your abilities, and as the routine progresses she becomes less resistant OR- perhaps she trumps you with her own surprises and productions (these need not require heavy sleight of hand- a simple production of a gaffed giant fan or some spring bills might sufice)and a mini battle of sorts developes.

The production of the cane and pole are without context or motivation woulnt the production of two wine glasses and a toast followed by a bow be a lot better than the can and pole?

Overall you have the skills to make this much better- I would consider getting a director or coreographer's imput, tone down the cornyness and involve your assistant more.
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
Dredz
View Profile
Loyal user
La Famiglia! East Coast
257 Posts

Profile of Dredz
Quote:
On 2009-07-03 13:12, cinemagician wrote:
You can do the manipulations very well I have no criticism to give you on that front. But, I would consider toning down the zaney/ melodramatic expressions.

Who is your character in this situation? Would you really act like that and why?

The zaney/melodramatic expressions are me. That is how I act. Granted they are embellished, but me none the less.
Quote:

Performers often resort to this "zaney over the top style" in order to hide their lack of ability. This is not the case w/ you. You can do all of the stuff well. So I would tone down that character a bit.

Consider using your assistant more- why is she there? To hold the hat?

Consider at the very least some dramatic premise to add to the routine- are you for example, trying to impress her or "pick her up" during this sketch?

If so, I can imagine many moments of comedy and by-play that could evolve. Perhaps she is not initially interested or impressed by your abilities, and as the routine progresses she becomes less resistant OR- perhaps she trumps you with her own surprises and productions (these need not require heavy sleight of hand- a simple production of a gaffed giant fan or some spring bills might sufice)and a mini battle of sorts developes.

The production of the cane and pole are without context or motivation woulnt the production of two wine glasses and a toast followed by a bow be a lot better than the can and pole?

There is about 4 to 5 minutes of this particular routine that wasn't put on youtube. The cane is used in the beginning of the routine. The reason I didn't want it on youtube is I am not ready to release my ideas for those parts of the routine yet. If you don't want others to borrow (steal) your material don't put it out there.

Nikki and I do have by play during the routine. It builds from her not really impressed with my magic, to her actually clapping and laughing. When you work with an assistant you get accused of cloning Johnny Thompson, or some other magician. Granted Charlie Frye had a huge impact on me. I don't think I am anything near his style. He is wayyyyy better. Smile
I understand that they may have come up with great bits. The overall concept is really just life. I am married and I get it. If you don't know what I am talking about get married. Smile

Quote:
Overall you have the skills to make this much better- I would consider getting a director or coreographer's imput, tone down the cornyness and involve your assistant more.

Thanks for the input. Most people wouldn't take the time to write/type that much info. If you are ever down this way during the summer I would gladly get you ticket to see the entire show. Maybe take notes and let me know what you think.

I am a magician and therefor I am broke. I could buy you a beverage of your choice and comp your ticket.

Thanks again.

Joe Jesse
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Nice and Commercial ( VERY IMPORTANT),
Congrats...
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Card Productions by Joe Jesse (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL