The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Emotional Imprints (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I just thought I'd let everyone know about the latest effect from one of our very own, Café member Nathaniel. It also features notes and ideas from Andrew Gerard and Dr.Bill.

It's a top effect, plays well and I've tried it out twice so far and got some prety good reactions. Check it here:

http://www.imentalism.com/index.php/e-bo......motional

I can't wait to see some reviews roll in.

Luke
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
Strewth!!!

If my mate Bruce here recommends this then ill have to jump on my Dingo and go a running back to the bbq and get my cash!!

Now where did I put my Fosters??

Peace & Love

Sheila
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2009-07-01 05:54, Matthew Shepherd wrote:
Strewth!!!

If my mate Bruce here recommends this then ill have to jump on my Dingo and go a running back to the bbq and get my cash!!

Peace & Love

Sheila

Do we REALLY sound like that to the rest of the world!? Smile .... wait... don't answer that.

Might have to pick this up... sounds cool.

Will then write a review for ya Matty. Finish your fosters and get your wallet out.

Bruce
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-07-01 06:12, Paul Shirley wrote:

Do we REALLY sound like that to the rest of the world!?

Only to ignorent people such as myself!!

Peace & Love

Matt
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Quote:
Strewth!!!

Peace & Love

Sheila

Splendid!!!

If my mate Niiiigel here purchases this then he'll have to jump on his foxhound and go riding back to the deep fryer to get his ridiculously oversized cash!

Now where did he put his warm Carling?

Cheerio!

Luke
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-07-01 06:32, shield wrote:

Splendid!!!

If my mate Niiiigel here purchases this then he'll have to jump on his foxhound and go riding back to the deep fryer to get his ridiculously oversized cash!

Cheerio!

Luke

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace & Love

Matt
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Quote:
On 2009-07-01 06:32, shield wrote:
Quote:
Strewth!!!

Peace & Love

Sheila

Splendid!!!

Cheerio!

Luke

:) You know when I was in LA last year everyone kept asking me if I was Australian, apparently they can't tell the difference between English and Australisn accents.
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
That's because we're your convicts.

Luke
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Ha... I think they can tell the difference alright... you may have just missed the 'hopeful tone' used when asking the question Smile
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
LOL.
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Back to topic..........

This really is a good effect.

I don't hve it yet but the blurb looks good and sounds like a good routine.

I will be getting this soon.

Peace & Love

Matt

G'DAY MATE!!!!!!!!!! NOW RACK OFF!!!!
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Nathaniel has certainly come up with a winning routine here. Although I had a small part in helping this effect come to reality, my unbiased opinion is that this routine plays very strongly, is easy to do, and has all the right elements for powerful mentalism -- It's personal for the participants, seamless in its methodology, and provides an abiding mystery that people will talk about later.

the Effect: Five business cards or blank cards are shown. On four of the cards an emotion is written, ie: Love on one card, Fear on another, Joy on a third, and Envy on the fourth. On the fifth card a large "X" is drawn. The cards are then turned with the writing sides down, and are mixed by a spectator.

An audience participant is chosen, and is asked to "hunt" for the various emotions by using their own emotional memories. They are to think of a time in their life when they experienced Joy, for instance. They then pass their hand over the cards until they feel a certain card has a connection to the Joy that they are remembering. They lay their hand on that card. The performer marks the back of that card with the word "Joy". This is continued with the other three emotions, with the performer's admonition to always avoid the "X" card.

At the end, very cleanly, it is shown that the card never touched by the participant is the "X" card. When all of the other cards are turned over, the emotions predicted by the participant match up with the emotions written on the opposite side of the card. All very clean, with the participant doing much of the handling.

While this might not play easily in a noisy pub or at a busy family restaurant, for occasions when you have focused, quiet conditions this routine will create a lasting impression.
Well done, Nathaniel.

- entity
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
I agree wholeheartedly with entity about this being a strong routine. For years I have performed a similar routine by our good friend, Jon Riggs, called "They, hell, fire!" and, when the timing is right, this hits people at an emotional level.

Reading through Nathaniel's routine, I see the similarities, but the handling is quite different. I really like the idea of infusing the cards with emotional energy. Very nice touch.

Overall, this is a well thought out routine that packs small but can hit like a wayward dump-truck full of dynamite in the right situations. Using this routine sparingly and wisely will yield you and your participants some long-lasting results. After all, isn't that what it's really all about?

-rob
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2050 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I too am a HUGE fan of Riggs' "They Hell Fire" and its assorted variations. So my question, for Rob or anyone else who has both effects, is: Is there any particular advantage that this handling offers over Riggs'? (Feel free to PM me if necessary.)
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
I think that "They Hell Fire!" is a hugely underrated routine because of its simplicity, but I digress from this thread's topic.

Joshua,
I will go back through the "Emotional Imprints" routine again with your inquiry in mind and PM you my thoughts.

-rob
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12245 Posts

Profile of John C
I lived in England for 2 years and all I ever learned was bloody 'l mate!

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Nathaniel
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Nathaniel
Hello,

I´am the creator of Emotional Imprints.
First, thanks to all the helping hands along the way!
And thanks for the kind words about Emotional Imprints.

This is something I perform for years and get strong reactions with.
I can only agree with the comment made above by r1z08,
"to use this routine sparingly and wisely"!

I have had people that cried because they were so touched and emotional, overwhelmed with feelings from the past. And people that laughed from heart and couldn't stop.

I really hope this beautiful routine finds a place in many repertoires.

Any questions, suggestions, problems, feedback or if you are bored? ;-) please email me at:

mind-at-work@gmx.de

Best,
Nathaniel
"Stories are told to kids to make them sleep, and are told to adults to wake them up" (Jorge Bucay)

Emotional Imprints
The Sticky Head Game
Influence
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2851 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
When Nathaniel sent me Emotional Imprints to look over, I was immediately taken by the premise. It is classic, powerful mentalism. Handled correctly, it has the potential to have an extremely strong effect on the participant while drawing in the rest of the audience in anticipation and ultimately amazement.

Emotional Imprints has a premise that fulfulls one of my all time favorite quotes in mentalism; "Meaning is the best misdirection." (Kenton Knepper). But it is more than that in that the premise offered by Nathaniel is simply intriguing to human beings as proven by its use for centuries in fiction and folk lore.

Also, this is the kind of effect I like where many people simply believe the premise is the explanation for the effect so don't even bother trying to reverse engineer it. Given this, you may not evoke applause but stunned silence or the emotional responses Nathaniel describes.

Another factor not yet mentioned is that the method, besides being easy, is so flexible that you can apply it to an unlimited number of themes. Even comedy.

But I prefer the feelings presentation as first described in Emotional Imprints. This is my kind of mentalism and that is why contributed some different twists and ideas to make it even more fluid and convincing. I also really like the name.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
It reads so much like 'They Hell fire' that I don't see any advantage of buying this.

Unless someone can change my thinking.

Ray
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
669 Posts

Profile of Alel
Quote:
On 2009-07-03 01:07, Magical Dimensions wrote:
It reads so much like 'They Hell fire' that I don't see any advantage of buying this.

Unless someone can change my thinking.

Ray

Me, too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Emotional Imprints (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL