The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Old TV Special (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Heres Tony
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando
265 Posts

Profile of Heres Tony
Anyone remember a TV special that aired I believe in the 1960's or early 70's that had someone doing the Salt Pour and ended with the Spot Card? I think it was in black and white as well. I've racked my brain trying to remember.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
More likely in the early 60's, by the 70's color was pretty prevalent, just a lot of black and white tvs still in use, sure you just didn't watch a color special on a b&w tv? Wilson was on the air a lot in the 60's, Henning and Wilson in the 70's. Wilson had guest magicians in his Magic Circus specials, but that particular sequence of tricks doesn't ring a bell to me.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Heres Tony
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando
265 Posts

Profile of Heres Tony
It wasn't Mark Wilson, although I remember watching him. For years I thought it was Fred Kapps doing the salt pour until Kapp's DVD came out and I realized it wasn't him. The only real things I remember are the salt pour and the show ending with the Spot Card. It's funny because I was blown away and to this day do both of those effects.
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Could it have been Roy Benson? Don't know if he ever did a Spot Card but his salt pour is one of the things he's known for.
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Kaps is of the era and did both the Salt Pour and the Spot Card. Maybe Pete Biro would know.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
True , Fred didn't die until 1980 , definitely a possibility and if it was truly in B&W possibly a film of an earlier performance.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Heres Tony
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando
265 Posts

Profile of Heres Tony
I don't think it was Fred. For years I thought it was but after seeing Fred's salt pour on his DVD, I've decided that it didn't end the way he ended his. It could very well have been Benson.
Cardician99
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
158 Posts

Profile of Cardician99
I found this clip of Roy Benson on Youtube...black and white TV special from 1955: "It's Magic." Performance ends with his salt pour, but no Spot Card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOfzp4Wt-......&index=8
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Old TV Special (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL