The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Double Vision by Becker and Earle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2779 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I just got this the other day and I'm very impressed with this book test. There are several items that can be "transmitted" in this gem. A word, a paragraph, a foot tour, pictures, and even numbers on license plates. You can even know what star rating a hotel is. This is the most fun filled book test I ever had the pleasure of performing. But then again it is from Becker and Earle so we can expect that.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
I have been debating for a while if I should get this and it seems like a good book test.

Cheers for the mini review Eric! I might have to go get this now!

Peace & Love

Matt
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
This is a book that can be interwoven with other routines quite easily, and is a rather well put together travel book; I bought it when I was living in the UK and it fit in quite nicely with the other travel books that are available. The map reading effect is rather well thought out and can add a lot to a remote viewing effect.

It's well worth the money.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6683 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
It's a great book test. There's so much in it that it gets confusing as to what you want to use and what you don't want to use. I really like the remote viewing walking tour that they can hit on.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
It's a nice book test.
It could be great if this book could be upgrade.
Pictures in color and more actual pictures ( here is "70")
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
This really sounds GOOD.

Ray
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
736 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
I use it just for the photos and the walking tour; Features not found in other book tests.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2009-07-04 03:37, Greg Arce wrote:
It's a great book test. There's so much in it that it gets confusing as to what you want to use and what you don't want to use. I really like the remote viewing walking tour that they can hit on.

Greg

Greg, in many ways this compliments your freestyle book test perfectly; one book many different effects to choose from, and it's readable, should one want to let someone look at it.

A great utility device.

I think the remote viewing could be done along side of a detective mystery effect, seeing through the eyes of the victim as he/shes being persued through a city in Europe... the phone number of the man who killed your mother....the posibilities are endless.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6683 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
That's a good point, Reuben. You could use Freestyle and Double Vision together. As a matter of fact you could make one whole book out of it by using the Freestyle method. If your patter line had to do with doing a lot of travel and using the book to get your around those places then it would not be unusual to have marked up the book in all sorts of ways with notes.

Hmm? I might consider that. Oh, and when Double Vision first came out there were some that had problems remembering the various things on all the pages so I said a simple crib sheet would help. I then realized that when making the crib sheet you could add further info that was not part of the plan in the first place.

I ended up making a crib sheet that gave me lots of info per page.

All this talk on DV makes me want to go back to it and start using it again. I go through different book tests and then move onto others, but DV is one that is a whole act onto itself.

Greg
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6683 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
That's a good point, Reuben. You could use Freestyle and Double Vision together. As a matter of fact you could make one whole book out of it by using the Freestyle method. If your patter line had to do with doing a lot of travel and using the book to get your around those places then it would not be unusual to have marked up the book in all sorts of ways with notes.

Hmm? I might consider that. Oh, and when Double Vision first came out there were some that had problems remembering the various things on all the pages so I said a simple crib sheet would help. I then realized that when making the crib sheet you could add further info that was part of the plan in the first place.

I ended up making a crib sheet that gave me lots of info per page.

All this talk on DV makes me want to go back to it and start using it again. I go through different book tests and then move onto others, but DV is one that is a whole act onto itself.

Greg
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2779 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I agree there are a lot of ways you can go with Double Vision. I enjoy performing this one. I'll tell you what Larry Beckers Dictionary one is great too. He has a great mind for this stuff.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I'm a Double Feature man myself. Smile
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

And I am a science fiction, double feature, picture show man myself!

Peace & Love

Matt
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2009-07-08 07:52, rizyanrizy wrote:
Sounds really good, I hope I got one on my country...

?
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
This book test was used on a magic show that was televised here in California on channel 13 on Monday night.

Poorly done in my opinion.

A shame, there is so much room for creativity and presentation with this test.

A shame it was wasted.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Don't suppose you have a link do you Reuben?

Peace & Love

Matt
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2009-07-08 09:35, Matthew Shepherd wrote:
Don't suppose you have a link do you Reuben?

Peace & Love

Matt

Matt, sorry I don't know.

It was on Channel 13, Los Angeles, last Monday night.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Double Vision by Becker and Earle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL