The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New effect from Magic Enhancer, Dough or No Dough (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
demente42
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
199 Posts

Profile of demente42
I have an effect that is being released by Magic Enhancer called Dough or No Dough. I want to thank the magicians on The Café who helped test this out for me and made suggestions for improving the instructions. You can check the effect out at http://www.magicenhancer.com/Dough.html. It should be going up for presale soon. I just have to make some final adjustments to the packaging and it will be good to go.
Brandon Smith

Imagine The Impossible
www.MagicForAnyOccasion.com

Creator of Dough or No Dough & Show Me the Bunny.
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
I just checked your link at it's not working at least for me. Also, its very nice that you thank all of the magicians on the Café who've helped you with the testing, revision of the instructions but I should think that a further thanks should go to the Café in the form of a real paid ad. Finally, despite the grumpy sounding nature of that I'm still interested in finding out more about the product as it's a very creative and topical premise for an effect.

jeff
demente42
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
199 Posts

Profile of demente42
Thanks for the heads up. I had the same problem when I tried going through directly but was able to get there by going through the Magic Enhancer homepage http://www.magicenhancer.com and clicking on the effect there. I don't know why it is not going through when you try direct linking as that is what is in my browser bar says when I finally get to the effect. Magic Enhancer is handling all the marketing on the effect being they picked up the exclusive rights from me. Who knows they may be advertising on the Café soon. I know from talking with them they were going to try to combine the advertising with the release of their latest sound effects CD. I just was excited about my first commercial effect being released and thought I'd share with the Café.

If you have any questions about the product feel free to ask and I'll answer what I can without give too much away. It has changed a bit since my first test run I put through the Café. I've added two additional handlings that will open it up to a wider range of skill levels. Robert Haas of Magic Enhancer was instrumental in the main and I believe strongest handling that was added.
Brandon Smith

Imagine The Impossible

MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
280 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Here is the correct link:

http://www.magicenhancer.com/Dough.html

You had the period as part of the link, so it was not working properly.
demente42
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
199 Posts

Profile of demente42
Thanks.
Brandon Smith

Imagine The Impossible

zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Is it all blown way out of proportion like everything else they have done:/?
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
demente42
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
199 Posts

Profile of demente42
I don't know what you mean by that? I approached several vendors and they were the one to ask for an exclusive so it is being sold through them. I've purchased items from them in the past and have been satisfied with the ones I've gotten and don't really know of any that were blown out of proportion.

If you'd like to know about the trick I'd be happy to answer questions. It is a packet trick I've been using in strolling magic for about two years now. We used to carry it in the magic shop I worked in until the owner closed it a bit over a year ago. I came up with the idea with inspiration from One for the Ladies, though the handling has evolved beyond the One for the Ladies handling. I wanted something I could do for any audience at any venue. I was inspired to make the effect around the game show Deal or No Deal. In the effect the spectators are choosing cases and just when they think they are holding the $50 case you reveal the kicker ending. It is a fun interactive routine that I've gotten compliments on from the other working magician's who purchased it from our shop and put it to the test.

The cards are quality, professionally printed, laminated card stock to hold up to performing situations. The cards' artwork are actual photos not drawings. If you'd like to know anything else please ask.
Brandon Smith

Imagine The Impossible

zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Ok I am no treferring to your item as it sounds quite interesting but the bandanna is in my opinion blown way out of proportion to the original version. Too much is too much. I am sure your effect is just fine and frankly sounds like a winner. Good luck to you and to them. Oh and to somone else I own more than one effect from the magic enhancers shelves.
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Dough Or No Dough is finally released. I"m offering FREE SHIPPING and $5 off retail price on the web site for my customers and Café members. Please e-mail me at MagicEnhancer if you'd like to buy this for the discounted price of $19.95 and I will apply the discounts to you.

Just wanting to let everyone know!!!

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
demente42
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
199 Posts

Profile of demente42
I'm working out the details to get a demo video produced. I'll let you all know more once I do.
Brandon Smith

Imagine The Impossible

Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know that this product is still in stock and ready to ship. Let me know if you have any questions!!!

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
VIDEO???
demente42
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
199 Posts

Profile of demente42
I'm working with a videographer to arrange a time to tape it. We have a location, it is now about getting a time we are both available. I hope to have something done by next week and then will have to wait on editing. However, I believe Magic Enhancer's offer of $5.00 off and free shipping was only good until the end of the month. I have also asked the people who helped me independently test out the product post their opinions here. Hopefully they will put some thoughts up soon.
Brandon Smith

Imagine The Impossible

Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

If anyone still wants to take advantage of the $5 off and FREE SHIPPING I'll extend it for Café members only. EMail or PM me so I can send you the link!

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2861 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
What are the size(dimension)of the cards?
Close-up or parlor/ stage magi would like to know.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Greg P
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Florida
6 Posts

Profile of Greg P
The cards are ONLY 2 inches by 3 1/2 inches.
He's Funbelievable!
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2861 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2009-11-04 12:35, Greg P wrote:
The cards are ONLY 2 inches by 3 1/2 inches.

A regular playing card is 2-1/2" x 3-1/2". wonder why so small?
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
demente42
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
199 Posts

Profile of demente42
Greg is from my area so I don't know if the cards he has/seen were the first prototype of the effect that used to be carried by the magic shop I worked in or the newer ones that Magic Enhancer is now carrying. There was a big step up in quality since I first put this effect out at my local magic shop. It is definitely a closeup effect. The newer cards that Magic Enhancer carries are business card size with rounded corners and a UV laminate coating for durability.

I don't typically carry much in the way of packet tricks (two at the most) when I do strolling so when I designed this trick for my use I wanted something smaller than a packet of playing cards, hence the size. For me they fit nicely in a pocket and don't take up too much space. Plus if I do carry I packet trick it the same pocket I can quickly differentiate between the two.

If there is a lot of call for stage size of this effect let me or Robert at Magic Enhancer know and maybe we can come out with a stage version.
Brandon Smith

Imagine The Impossible

demente42
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
199 Posts

Profile of demente42
Dough or No Dough was just reviewed in MAGIC Magazine this month. It got a great review by Peter Duffie:

Quote:
"Brandon Smith has created a topical, commercial card routine... This is an excellent audience pleaser. It has it all: drama, fun, and mystery. And it's topical...As variations go this is a good one... In short this is a very good trick with nicely made props and it resets instantly. What more do you want?"

It can be ordered online from Magic Enhancer by clicking here.
Brandon Smith

Imagine The Impossible

Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

If anyone wants to read the full review, please let me know and I will send it to you. Brandon sent me a scanned copy. This will also be reviewed in a bunch of other sources shortly (such as Genii and M-U-M).

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New effect from Magic Enhancer, Dough or No Dough (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL