The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What Barry Mitchell Routines are the BEST? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
I am about to make a substantial invest in purchasing some of Barry Mitchell's routines. Can anyone rank these are far as what you consider the BEST of his routines.

Thanks,

Bart
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Treasure Chest is definitiely my favourite - 800+ gold coins magically appearing blows everyone away.

Also look at his downloads. Great value for $10 or less.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I have his Noah's Ark trick with the animal masks. This can be adapted for different uses, not just gospel applications. I've used it for years.
I love the dream bag (jumbo) that he puts out as well as the new Idea Bag.
Mother of All Diamonds is a very impactful routine as well.
His Lady Bug Change Bag routine is also lots of fun and was a part of my program last year for my library/school shows.

All of his stuff comes with great routines for many different occasions/themes.
ralphdean
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern Ca
302 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
I have a bunch of Barry's things but I use Mother of all diamonds in all of my shows.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I've heard the "Trash to Treasure" is good, unless you get one that shows some rust inside the tube. I use SuperChicken and absolutely LOVE that.

Steve
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
King Midas, Mother Of All Diamonds, Super Slueth, Treasure Chest, Magnet Man are all personal favorites of mine. Just about anything that Barry puts out is good!
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
Is King Midas still made? I saw Ken Scott do that routine. Looked great, but can't find anything but the gold nuggets on his website.
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Barry usually only makes a certain number of certain effects and that is it. Once they are gone, you have to wait for an auction to come around or just find someone who wants to sell an item. Nope....King Midas is no longer made.

Also, Got Cookies is awesome as well. This too has been retired for awhile.
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
Todd,

Are you interested in parting with either of those?
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Sorry....no way!
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1209 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Mother of all Diamonds and King Midas
www.mikebrownmagic.com
<BR>http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=885780636
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
BScott8870...

You can send Barry an email letting him know that you are interested in some of his retired products. He will then include your request in his Creative Advantage newsletter. If anyone has anything for sale they will contact you. This is how I found Got Cookies?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
King Midas is described in his book, "The Magic of Thinking Creatively" so one can build it.
Dennis Michael
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
I have had great luck with "Reach for the Stars" with my kids. The "Spring Water" gag gets a good groan when I have a few parents in the audience. I use "Can-O-Wands" for every birthday job. Other products of his that I use off and on in my different theme shows are the spring bills and one of his "You're the Star" production silks.

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Trash to Treasure is my opener (outstanding) and Mother of All Diamonds also gets 'em every time.
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
I hav yet to use REACH FOR THE STARS but it is going in next years school show for sure. It will be my closing routine.

So....what is the BEST Barry item? I'd have to say TREASURE CHEST!
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
Todd,

Can you describe the Got Cookies routine?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What Barry Mitchell Routines are the BEST? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL