The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..21..33..45..57..69..72~73~74 [Next]
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magiclee
You are right Funsway!

magiclee
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
This afternoon I sent a problem to Mr. Tango and received a useful and comprehensive reply wihtin a half hour. Most impressive. I further clarification request was also answered almost immediately. I can't judge if he is setting a standard for the coin-gaff industry, but he certainly is on the customer service end.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Completely agree to that!

My TUC works perfectly well, but I'll try your tip funsway Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have also found that when having other coins in the hand the S***l & L**f would sometimes attempt to scuddle together. By using a St**l S**m have for the other coin(s), the slight attraction helps keep the S***l from wandering.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Desmond67
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Desmond67
I´m thinking to use TUC to perform some mental effect using her instant double side coin chance.
Does anybody do something similar ?
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Got mine Thursday. The s***l was slightly convex so It didn't want to release at first
Gentle pressure on the face flattened it out just fine.
Love it!
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
This new coin gaff has created a lot of intrest. Does this gaff improve/streamline an in the hands coins acrosss,is there a routine included. Sorry if this has been asked before.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
There's a nice DVD with it that covers everything performed in the demo.
Wish the translator was a little closer to the microphone but that's OK.
I think you'll be delighted with it.
-Charles Schulz
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
This routine can be done with a T.U.C. or an Expanded Shell or three normal coins. The difference is the naturalness of the movements and sleights, and the angles of view.

http://s563.photobucket.com/albums/ss76/......ngle.flv

Desmond67
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Desmond67
The DVD has many routines as 3 fly coin, matrix reverse, coins to glass (in this case you can use the same routine without the glass and make a coin across), coin thru hand, coin thru deck, instant double side coin and more that I don´t remember right now.
Actually, I think that Mr. Tango invented the best gaffed coin after the expanded shell. Maybe better, because I replaced the expanded shell many times by TUC to perform classic routines.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Definitely better. Its the expanded [ on steroids with a twist.
-Charles Schulz
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
Very nice routine Funsway,you used a TUC in that routine?
Thanks for sharing that video
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Yes, that and one other coin. You have to be able to open the T.U.C. with the Shell on top -- a problem discussed earlier. I actually flip the single coin in my hand at three points not shown on the Step-Video. The rest of the Sleights are Sway Moves to get the coins across. The routine is available as a PDF, but not listed on eversway.com yet. Not sure what to charge. (Three Two Tangle)

The original effect was developed 10 years ago using three stones or nuts for Medieval event where I likes to use 'found' objects. The T.U.C. makes it possible with Coins. The "invisible shelf" wrinkle is 30 years old.

J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
A few comments on my TUCs (3 of them).

They all mostly work well, with a few little glitches:

They can be tough to keep apart, which is what I believe Funsway is talking about a few posts above this one. When in my palm with the [ overlapping slightly, they can suddenly draw together unexpectedly. I don't even try that anymore. Too easy to give it all away like that.

Secondly, the copper-silver is much more difficult to slide than the others. English pennies have a running bead on the obverse - front - side. Normally that isn't a problem because it also has a flat edge that is higher than the beading. But on the TUC, that edge is removed to make everything fit OK, and thus the beading is trying to slide directly against the ['s edge. Makes it more of a stutter slide as it "catches" all along the beading. NOT a defect, mind you; just the way English pennies are made and what was needed to be done to make it work in the TUC. This is only an issue when the copper side's down. Sorry if this is not easy to comprehend but this is a public forum and I don't want to say it any clearer.

Jim
Desmond67
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Desmond67
I have the TUC copper and silver. Is true that the half dollar and Ike versions works better, but I applied the adjusted procedure and the coin works well.

Yesterday I got the rosin powder that Mr. Tango advise to use and it's incredible, I put just a little of this powder in my thumb and my TUC opened alone.
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
One of my T.U.C. gaff/coins is copper/copper, i.e.: it's all copper (English Pennies). It is the easiest working of my half-dollar sized T.U.C.s. However and hands down, the T.U.C. Ike that I have is the easiest to work with of them all. It truly does almost open itself. This brought about a great thing for me. I can now finally use dollar sized coins for effects with my very small hands and I don't have to palm anything.

As to the rosin powder, I think I was the first to suggest it's use. I've found a new application device for it.

I got one of those tiny sampler bottles of natural tears when I last went to my eye doctor for an exam. I emptied it out and before I tossed the then empty bottle, inspiration struck. I washed out the little bottle, it's nozzle, and cap and let them all dry overnight. I then filled it with powdered violin rosin and replaced the nozzle. It didn't flow very well, so I used an Exacto knife to slice the nozzle's tip off a bit, thus enlarging the delivery hole. Now it's perfect and easy to keep in a pocket or even some coin cases. Just a tiny tap on the inverted bottom of the bottle delivers a small amount of rosin to my waiting finger tips. Close the bottle with it's cap and put it away when you're done. Try it and see if you like it. The little plastic bottles I am referring to are about 1-1/2 inch tall with the cap on. All Optometrists give them out as free samples. Free is good!

dsalley13

PS: Don't forget to scratch off or tape-over the natural tears bottle label and re-label it (I put skulls and crossbones on mine). It could be disaster to have someone grab your bottle of powdered rosin and dump some in their eyes!!!!
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
A bid off topic but...Great minds think alike dsalley!
I use one of those bottles for lighter fluid so I can refill my fire wallet. I also mark it with skull and crossbones!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2009-12-10 11:03, dsalley13 wrote:

As to the rosin powder, I think I was the first to suggest it's use. I've found a new application device for it.

Mr. Tango mentions it right on the DVD.

The natural tears trick sounds interesting.

Thank you.

Jim
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Quote:
On 2009-12-13 19:16, Sammy J. wrote:
A bid off topic but...Great minds think alike dsalley!
I use one of those bottles for lighter fluid so I can refill my fire wallet. I also mark it with skull and crossbones!

Sammy

:o)

dsalley13
Desmond67
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Desmond67
Yes Salley, you was the first to suggest to use the rosin. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..21..33..45..57..69..72~73~74 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL