The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..37..46..55..64..72~73~74 [Next]
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
One thing I noticed before ordering mine was that none were being offered for sale in the "sale forum"...until just lately, guess that somebody else didn't care for it either.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=76&0

On the plus side, I ordered several other gaffs from Tango that neither Johnson nor Roy Kueppers sells, and the DVD that comes with them, "The Tangopedia of Gaffed Coins" is a great resource!

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2011-12-04 18:54, BanzaiMagic wrote:
I am fairly sure that Merc meant that to be funny, at least I found it so. Smile

Correct mate - I was actually; but poor old Sir R. seems to be having such a rant over it, I don't think he could see beyond my comment because of the red mist!

To pick up your other point Sir Richard - why would I want a T.U.C. if I've got a flipper and a shell? Well that's just my point old chap - I don't have a flipper or a shell. I've got a T.U.C. so therefore, I've got one gaffed coin rather than having two.

As for the 'leaf' aspect. Well using the 1/4 and 1/2 dollar versions in the UK DOESN'T cause any problem - as people aren't used to these coins anyway. I've also performed the 'coin in can' routine quite a few times now and the thickness of the coin has not been questioned. People over here aren't aware of how these coins feel as they aren't used in everyday life. Maybe, if you are in the USA, use a £2 or Euro version? Just food for thought.

I stick by my guns 100% - the T.U.C. is (in my opinion) the greatest gaffed coin to EVER hit the market and the best investment I've ever made in over 30 years involved with magic - and my God I've bought some cr*p in the past (the Alida gimmick stands out; along with a pile of other stuff I bought from Mark Mason's flyers years ago!). All part of life's rich learning curve I guess.

Finally, I really don't give two hoots whether a T.U.C. will appear in every magician's pocket. I just know that one is in mine - for life! Smile
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2011-12-05 06:57, Merc Man wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-04 18:54, BanzaiMagic wrote:
I am fairly sure that Merc meant that to be funny, at least I found it so. Smile

Correct mate - I was actually; but poor old Sir R. seems to be having such a rant over it, I don't think he could see beyond my comment because of the red mist!

To pick up your other point Sir Richard - why would I want a T.U.C. if I've got a flipper and a shell? Well that's just my point old chap - I don't have a flipper or a shell. I've got a T.U.C. so therefore, I've got one gaffed coin rather than having two.

As for the 'leaf' aspect. Well using the 1/4 and 1/2 dollar versions in the UK DOESN'T cause any problem - as people aren't used to these coins anyway. I've also performed the 'coin in can' routine quite a few times now and the thickness of the coin has not been questioned. People over here aren't aware of how these coins feel as they aren't used in everyday life. Maybe, if you are in the USA, use a £2 or Euro version? Just food for thought.

I stick by my guns 100% - the T.U.C. is (in my opinion) the greatest gaffed coin to EVER hit the market and the best investment I've ever made in over 30 years involved with magic - and my God I've bought some cr*p in the past (the Alida gimmick stands out; along with a pile of other stuff I bought from Mark Mason's flyers years ago!). All part of life's rich learning curve I guess.

Finally, I really don't give two hoots whether a T.U.C. will appear in every magician's pocket. I just know that one is in mine - for life! Smile
Well, Merc, I understand that you were meant to be funny and apologize for any offense I may have caused. Enjoy your gaff, Magicians have different tastes and I'm sure yours are different than mine. I just don't think that the T.U.C. was worth the price. My coach and mentor in magic just shook his head but then he uses Lassen gaffs. My main concern was the way that the coin was hyped as being better than sliced bread. Mr. Tango predicted that the TUC would be in "every magicians pocket." Like I said, I can do anything on the DVD with both my expanded shell and flipper and NOT have a "slim leaf." I can use my gaffs for extreme close-up and even hand the "insert" out before or afterwards, something you can't do with the TUC. I find that limits it's believability. Just my "duos centavos" my amigo.

Sir Richard.
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:

Maybe, if you are in the USA, use a £2 or Euro version? Just food for thought.

...and my God I've bought some cr*p in the past (the Alida gimmick stands out; along with a pile of other stuff I bought from Mark Mason's flyers years ago!). All part of life's rich learning curve I guess.

1st, Merc, would you say that the TUC should be viewed as a replacement for the flipper and sell?

2nd I use common US coins such as the Kennedy half dollar and the "Ike" silver dollar exclusively. All my gaffs are congruent with these two types of coins. I may do something with Chinese coins sometime in the future, but haven't done so as of yet.

3rd, just to be clear, I don't think that the TUC is cr*p, just over-priced and over-rated. I just don't believe that it's worth the asking price for the reasons that I gave. If you are happy with it, great! I'm sure you "kill" with it! Glad to hear it.

Sir Richard.

Sir Richard.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Sir Richard,

Sorry it wasn't to your liking mate; as I said, I've bought more than enough rubbish over the years - now thankfully all sold off! Smile

As for 'kill with it'. Well I put that comment in the same league as magicians that 'fry audiences'.....all I try and do old chap is entertain people and, if I also raise a smile, then that's a bonus.

Just a question fella - what version did you have? Just curious.

Oh and by the way there is no need whatsoever to apologize; you didn't cause any offense my friend.
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Just a point Sir Dick regarding the price aspect that you mentioned.

Think what has to be done to produce a T.U.C. - especially the work on the leaf - which is, in effect, 2 coins with a mag. shim!

Lot of lathe work there fella. Smile
Barry Allen

bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
The TUC Ike I bought at penguin magic
was only 15 bucks more than a Johnson shell.
I know one thing, Richard, you might hand out
the insert but you will not hand out the flipper
or shell or in some cases have to palm it.If
your doing a two coin to one coin. I know all
do not share the love I have for this coin
like I do and I have other gaff coins too.
And also love them but, if I could only
keep one it would be the TUC.
todd
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2011-12-05 17:03, Merc Man wrote:
Just a point Sir Dick regarding the price aspect that you mentioned.

Think what has to be done to produce a T.U.C. - especially the work on the leaf - which is, in effect, 2 coins with a mag. shim!

Lot of lathe work there fella. Smile

Okay, still didn't like it, just my preference.

Sir Richard.

Quote:
On 2011-12-05 13:35, Merc Man wrote:
Sir Richard,

Sorry it wasn't to your liking mate; as I said, I've bought more than enough rubbish over the years - now thankfully all sold off! Smile

As for 'kill with it'. Well I put that comment in the same league as magicians that 'fry audiences'.....all I try and do old chap is entertain people and, if I also raise a smile, then that's a bonus.

Just a question fella - what version did you have? Just curious.

Oh and by the way there is no need whatsoever to apologize; you didn't cause any offense my friend.

I had the "Ike."

Sir Richard.

Quote:
On 2011-12-05 19:23, bowers wrote:
The TUC Ike I bought at penguin magic
was only 15 bucks more than a Johnson shell.
I know one thing, Richard, you might hand out
the insert but you will not hand out the flipper
or shell or in some cases have to palm it.If
your doing a two coin to one coin. I know all
do not share the love I have for this coin
like I do and I have other gaff coins too.
And also love them but, if I could only
keep one it would be the TUC.
todd

I'd bought mine from the same place, which how come I got the store credit. I'm not putting down the fact that there are some of you that like it, it just wasn't for me. I was going to offer it for sale on the forum but wanted to get as much of my original investment back as I could. I'm sure that both you and Merc do well with it. I just can't see putting that much money into it for what it does.

Sir Richard.

I use a lot of material taught by Troy Hooser and Nate Kranzo. I don't find it all that difficult to learn. As for handing out the coin, well, the "insert" used with an expanded shell is a real coin and can be handed out quite easily as long as they think that it was the only coin. I've met some magicians that seem to think that the prop makes the performance. If I still had the T.U.C. I would have offered it for sale to those who like it and swear by it. I just didn't think it was "all that."

Sir Richard.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Sir Richard -- too bad you didn't check out the dozens of other effects possible with TUC beyond what comes on the DVD -- most "not possible" with an EXP Shell. So, I don't understand "for what it does"

You may not prefer the TUC to other gaffs you have, but be fair ...

if you think it is limiting, the fault may not be with the tool.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2011-12-06 03:04, funsway wrote:
Sir Richard -- too bad you didn't check out the dozens of other effects possible with TUC beyond what comes on the DVD -- most "not possible" with an EXP Shell. So, I don't understand "for what it does"

Just to echo the above point - to all advocates of the T.U.C.

In July, I purchased a book titled T.U.C. Appreciation by Funsway (top marks fella for not just putting in an unashamed direct plug yourself like so many seem to do these days). It really is the encyclopedia for the T.U.C. and, if you want to see what MORE can be done with the coin in addition to the DVD; as well as learning an excellent piece of subterfuge called 'the sway method', then this book really is a 'must buy'.

I am still working through the additional routines and ideas within this book - in fact, since Sunday, I've been practicing possibly the cleanest and most direct version possible of 'coins through silk' that it's ever been my pleasure to study.

If you are stuck for a Christmas treat for yourself, this book is unreservedly recommended.
Barry Allen

Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:

Like I said, enjoy. I don't like it.

Sir Richard.

Quote:

Well, I didn't know I had to go looking for outside material. The only faults that I've really listed are that, IMO, the TUC is over-rated and over-priced. I've learned a lot already from people like Troy Hooser, Nate Kranzo, and the late Jim Cellini. If the TUC had lived up to it's hype I probably would have kept it and be using it, but I was terribly disappointed. It still can't be used in extreme close-up. Not with that silly "Jenny Craig" insert. I don't know what the audiences are like for you folks, but they're pretty observant around here. I also own Tango's "slippery shell," and that opens up some interesting effects as well. Whatever "floats your boat."

Sir Richard.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I guess it's a matter of presentation. Even with my crippled hands I do TUC effects in the spectator's hand and completely surrounded. For me, the ability to toss the TUC around is extremely important -- not possible with other gaffs. Admittedly, you have to be able to "Switch in/out" a real coin occasionally, but that is also true when I use another gaff.

I love doing a 3Fly in which my hands never touch -- even with my hands shackled to a stick to make it impossible. This is only possible with the TUC.

I am not trying to convince you to use it, just don't want others to be overly influenced by your experience/bias relative to other available gaffs (often even more expensive). I actually prefer to use no gaffs, but increasing disability makes some sleights I "ustacould" impossible. The TUC fills the gap. I often use an EXP in conjunction with the TUC.

I have a standing offer to send a free effect to any TUC owner to illustrate its "other" uses in addition to the available "TUC Appreciation" book. Sorry you had a bad experience.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2011-12-06 09:24, funsway wrote:
I guess it's a matter of presentation. Even with my crippled hands I do TUC effects in the spectator's hand and completely surrounded. For me, the ability to toss the TUC around is extremely important -- not possible with other gaffs. Admittedly, you have to be able to "Switch in/out" a real coin occasionally, but that is also true when I use another gaff.

I love doing a 3Fly in which my hands never touch -- even with my hands shackled to a stick to make it impossible. This is only possible with the TUC.

I am not trying to convince you to use it, just don't want others to be overly influenced by your experience/bias relative to other available gaffs (often even more expensive). I actually prefer to use no gaffs, but increasing disability makes some sleights I "ustacould" impossible. The TUC fills the gap. I often use an EXP in conjunction with the TUC.

I have a standing offer to send a free effect to any TUC owner to illustrate its "other" uses in addition to the available "TUC Appreciation" book. Sorry you had a bad experience.
I imagine it looks really great the way you do it! The other gaffs probably total up to a small bit more, but the only reason I bought the Tango "IKE" flippers is because neither Johnson or Roy Kueppers markets them, and I consider them much better quality than the Tango stuff. BTW, I CAN toss my "Ike" flipper
around pretty easy and work surrounded as well. I think Mr. Tango should hire you to do a TUC DVD, perhaps that might make a difference in how I view it, but probably not. Anyway, I applaud you for overcoming a disability with your hands and turning it into a plus. Great!

Sir Richard.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello friends,

Sir Richard, of course I accept and respect your opinion, just let me say that you should try to play with a half dollar TUC version and you will see another opinion about it. Anyway I perform with Morgan all the time to do the 3 fly coin and the coin across effect and I didn't have problems. I think that IKE and Morgan version are for stand up performance (3 fly for example) where you show the front of the coin, there aren't the best to use in a table, but half dollar,quarter, 10 pence, are perfect for that.
Maybe when I say "every magicians pocket" I exaggerated because my excitation for inventing this gaffed, sorry for that.
I hope to meet you personally some time and show my TUC routines,
By the way I'll be lecturing around England in February, see you there British magicians.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Funsway
I would love to have your appreciation book
todd
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2011-12-06 13:25, Mr. Tango wrote:
Hello friends,

Sir Richard, of course I accept and respect your opinion, just let me say that you should try to play with a half dollar TUC version and you will see another opinion about it. Anyway I perform with Morgan all the time to do the 3 fly coin and the coin across effect and I didn't have problems. I think that IKE and Morgan version are for stand up performance (3 fly for example) where you show the front of the coin, there aren't the best to use in a table, but half dollar,quarter, 10 pence, are perfect for that.
Maybe when I say "every magicians pocket" I exaggerated because my excitation for inventing this gaffed, sorry for that.
I hope to meet you personally some time and show my TUC routines,
By the way I'll be lecturing around England in February, see you there British magicians.

Mr. Tango: 1st just let me say thank you for taking the time to respond to my negative comments about your TUC out of what must be a busy schedule for you. I'm sorry, but I have no interest in the way that the gaff is made, no matter what coin is used. Though the US Quarter would probably normally be that thin, so others might wish to look into that. Now for the positive. I own several other of your gaffed coins, & use them quite often. I liked your "Tangopededia of gaffed coins" so well that I did a very positive video review of it at our magic club. Some members came up to me afterwards wanting to know how to get a copy for themselves. I turned them on to Penguin magic and told them to do some shopping. Now, a tip for you on expanding some sales here in the US. Penguin Magic has many of your products listed as "out of stock," yet in an e-mail I received from Acar of PM, he mentioned how they were going to be working on expanding their coin stuff. It is my opinion that you should see about restocking all of your products with them ASAP as their are people looking to buy them, but can't get some of them. Anyway, good luck with your sales!

Sir Richard
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Thank you very much Sir Richard, I'll be in touch with Penguin, hope to see you in the future
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello,

About shimmed shells and TUC, I have to say that I wanted to present a set as TUC 2.0, but I never did it. IF you put any Expanded shimmed shell or a Slippery shell with TUC you will have 3 coins in one.
Actually, in my opinion the best set is a Slippery Expanded shell (all our slippery are shimmed) and a TUC.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
You can get some of the advantage with a standard EXP Shell by using a magnetic Hold Out for a coin production as the Shell is pinched between the TUC and magnet. Also, two TUC will secure a Shell in the middle of a stack. A PK Ring can also be used to advantage with an EXP Shell and TUC -- but with some dangers ;-)

Rats! I have contacted Mr. Tango and am going to acquire a SS -

now I have to lie awake nights creating new effects.

I have a draft copy of a new book on the "Miracle S-S" with unique effects and usage ideas.

I will send this to a limited number for purchasers of the Tango ShimSlip gaff for review and comments.

contact me at gusarimagic@comcast.net

Merry Christmas

Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Next week I'll start to shoot TUC Myracles DVD.
I want to have it for UK tour in February.
I'll include:
3 fly coin
Coins across
Coins thru table
Matrix
Chink a chink
One coin routine
Signed coin to red pepper
Coin thru bill
Okito box routines with TUC
Copper and Silver routines
Always 3

If you have some advice or some routine to include, please let me know. I truly feel that many people here helped me a lot as my Friend Ken with his book and many others that all the time are sending me messages. Thank you very much to everybody and Merry Christmas.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..37..46..55..64..72~73~74 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL