The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33~34..42..49..56..63..70..72~73~74 [Next]
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
Quote:
On 2012-04-03 14:31, lukecloughmagic wrote:
I've just picked up an Eisenhower T.U.C and its awesome, is there a book/dvd that has ideas for more routines than the DVD it comes with? I bought it seocnd hand and theres a dvd with about 5 routines on but was wondering for more Smile

Look a few posts above TUC Appreciation
lukecloughmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of lukecloughmagic
Ha! how did I miss that!!! thanks for the pointer!
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Friends, I wanted to have the new DVD ready for April, but two months ago I crashed my medium right finger nail when I was rowing in the river, (I go every day to row) and I was waiting that the nail went back to his natural color.
After 2 months waiting I think that it can take so much time to come back to his natura colour, just my nail is not in his best stetic situation for a video. But I can't wait more, because I receive e-mails every day asking for the "coin across" routine that everybody saw at Wizard Product Review, so I have to take a desicion: to put as title of the DVDs "Black Nail Series" or to paint my nails to shoot the video. I think that I will do the second one.

The idea is to introduce a series of DVDs, called TUC Miracles, at least 4 volumes:
1- Coin Acroos routines
2- Matrix routines
3- Coin penetrations
4- 3 fly routine

So, I will start with the "Coin across" volume next week.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Cool stuff Mr Tango!!!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just received a soft Walking Liberty TUC that "Mr. Tango" sent to me from Argentina. It is beautiful and works flawlessly. I do not know if he has these in stock on a regular basis or makes them up ocassionaly but you should certainly contact "Mr. Tango" if you want one. Highly recommended.

I also received a special expanded Kennedy half dollar shell (heads) that he made up for me specially to fit over his Gravity Pro English Penny/Half Dollar flipper. I had to wait two weeks for it to come from Argentina but it was well worth it. It fits perfectly with no distortion. Mr. Tango provided great customer service and delivered a great product. Highly recommended.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
tgold65
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of tgold65
Quote:
On 2012-03-29 02:07, bowers wrote:
Its for sure one of the best galf coins on the market today.
and very fairly priced.so many possibilitys with this single galf.
todd

I think it is not "one of the best", I think it is "the best". My coins across now seems like real magic. Even my wife thought it was amazing and after all these years, she is hard to fool. The ability to do a coins across with seemingly no moves and it looks so clean because the gaff is indectible in normal use, I am at a loss for words. I even fool myself with the TUC. It is the best.

Mr Tango, my hats off to you!
shouksmiths
View Profile
Regular user
York, England
109 Posts

Profile of shouksmiths
Hi Mr Tango.Do you personally make all of your coins? Or due to the quantity needed is there a team of people who make them for you?
shouksmiths
View Profile
Regular user
York, England
109 Posts

Profile of shouksmiths
Is the TUC available as a 10p piece (UK). And if so who sells it?
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Magicbox in the U.K stock the 10p and 2p version
Rory111
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Rory111
Looking forward to the new DVD.... I also want to say, doing business with Mr. Tango is a pleasure!
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Quote:
On 2012-04-03 16:56, Mr. Tango wrote:
Friends, I wanted to have the new DVD ready for April, but two months ago I crashed my medium right finger nail when I was rowing in the river, (I go every day to row) and I was waiting that the nail went back to his natural color.
After 2 months waiting I think that it can take so much time to come back to his natura colour, just my nail is not in his best stetic situation for a video. But I can't wait more, because I receive e-mails every day asking for the "coin across" routine that everybody saw at Wizard Product Review, so I have to take a desicion: to put as title of the DVDs "Black Nail Series" or to paint my nails to shoot the video. I think that I will do the second one.

The idea is to introduce a series of DVDs, called TUC Miracles, at least 4 volumes:
1- Coin Acroos routines
2- Matrix routines
3- Coin penetrations
4- 3 fly routine

So, I will start with the "Coin across" volume next week.

just an idea... if you want, you can upload just your coins across video to a website that requires people to enter a password in order to view the video. that way, you can get some feedback from the magic community and it will tide people over until the full dvd is released. and you can remove the video after a week or two.
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Another idea I had was to do some routines with the TUC and an expanded shell. the metal 3 dvd by eric jones has some great effects that use a flipper and a shell that can also be done with a TUC and shell.

and will there be an okito box routine?
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Yes, I forget a volume with TUC and other accessories, as Slippery shell, Expanded shell, Okito box, act.
Actually I perform a routine with a okito box. Good Idea
shouksmiths
View Profile
Regular user
York, England
109 Posts

Profile of shouksmiths
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 03:35, shouksmiths wrote:
Hi Mr Tango.Do you personally make all of your coins? Or due to the quantity needed is there a team of people who make them for you?

Hi Mr Tango. Any thoughts on this this? Cheers. Mark
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Tango Magic distributes a heck of a lot of gaffed coins world wide. I highly doubt that any one person is making all of their TUCs. My guess is that he either has a manufacturing plant where all his gaffs are made, and/or outsources some of the work to other facilities. I don’t see how one person could make all of the TUCs he offers. If Mr. Tango is indeed making all of them himself, it must be in between saving the world and visits to his Fortress of Solitude. Smile lol!

Jim
shouksmiths
View Profile
Regular user
York, England
109 Posts

Profile of shouksmiths
Hi Jim. Daft question to ask ! I wasn't sure of the volumes they made. I know some other coins are made by individuals who have a good reputation. I wasn't sure if Tango coins fell into this category. It might explain why commented to me that the coins are sometimes of variable quality.
shouksmiths
View Profile
Regular user
York, England
109 Posts

Profile of shouksmiths
Just to clarify in my last post I wasn't saying that TUCs are of variable quality.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Jmac is correct here, without me even checking with Mr. Tango...No way he can provide every coin ordered. Clearly he has a machine in place producing all this. Just common sense.

As to variable quality, well that can happen when many hands help make the soup. It also would explain why you get your orders relatively quicker than with other craftsman. A lot of those other guys are actually producing this stuff themselves, which can slow things down tremendously. In doing all the work themselves (sorta like a Todd Lassen seems to do) it obviously takes longer to produce which would also drive up prices. Think about it, Mr. Tango offers his gaffs at lower prices and you get them faster, but quality at times can be an issue because it's not just him making these things, he certainly doesn't make most of them. He wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand which would hurt sales and clearly his sales ain't hurtin' Smile So you see, it's all relative. What I wonder sometimes is what these craftsman think of one another. Well we know what Lassen thinks of Schoolcraft but wonder what they both think of Tango's TUC. Is it one of those, "Wish I had thought of that" or perhaps they don't think it's what all you think of it as to quality and workability. Hey, there's also Johnson Coins, which used to be middle of the road good quality stuff, still is IMHO. But they don't make all this new wave specialty stuff. Sure is an interesting business alright. Good luck to all. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I think mr tango has some sons that are
involved in his coin making process.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Unless things have changed, just daughters not involved in the business, but a wife who watches things while he is away. Yes, he has a manufacturing facility as well as his Magic School/Nightclub -- is very picky about his employees and quality issues. He manufacture a lot of Chinese type coins as well as the gaffed ones. His "small, hands-on" approach to customer service is a matter of attitude and love for the art more than "size."

When he stayed with me for four days in Knoxville, TN we spend more time shopping for gifts for his familiy than discussing magic -- and he felt it important to spend time at our table with my aged parents. You can never underestimate his passion for living that seeps into his business; making magic simple, making it affordable and making it fun.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33~34..42..49..56..63..70..72~73~74 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL