The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..29..40..51..62..72~73~74 [Next]
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I just received my custom made Morgan TUC. This gaff is blowing me away. I already had a standard TUC half so I already knew its workings and how useful it is, but I had no idea that it would make such a difference to get the Morgan version. I am so glad that I saved up to do it. The Morgan size makes all the difference in the world. It just works more smoothly, effortlessly in fact. I also requested a round m****t rather than square - I prefer it - and the operation is smooth as glass. I can see where the square might be helpful under certain circumstances (ie, if you do a lot of coin magic in the spec's hands), but for me, the circle works great.

Quite simply, this is the most useful coin gaff I own.

Another thing, Dealing with Mr. Tango was an absolute pleasure. Not only is he creating revolutionary magic, but he is humble and easy to deal with. What a combination!

Regards,

Alan
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
I second the opinion - we had some mailing issues and when the one Mr Tango sent me didn't come, he instead sent me another one - I am very pleased with it.

Mike
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Don't forget to mark your calendar for Mr. Tango's July 11th TUC Lecture (2 Hours!) in San Diego. It will be held at the Town and Country Hotel the morning AFTER the IBM Convention finishes. PM me if you need details...

sdmagic
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Dear Friends,

See you in San Diego, I will have a lot Morgan and Walking liberty TUC there. I'm really anxious to give my lecture there.

Bye
superpixel
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
133 Posts

Profile of superpixel
Looking forward to your lecture this week in Knoxville! Will you have any quarter size TUC inventory with you?
-- superpixels / victor / banana wizard --
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Yes, I have it.
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
I attended Mr. Tango's "Stress Free Magic" seminar last weekend. It was excellent! Mr. Tango explained several effects that are SO EASY to do using the Tango Ultimate Coin (TUC). The lecture/workshop was 2 hours long, and packed with great coin routines including Reverse Matrix, Coins Across, Chink-A-Chink, Coins Through Table, Coins to Glass and a killer Copper/Silver effect.

If you're not a skilled sleight of hand artist, you should get a TUC and learn these effects. Mr. Tango calls it Stress Free Magic, and it really is!

The TUC enables even beginning coin magicians to perform numerous effects that used to require difficult moves. With the TUC the handling is simplified, and there are no fast moves.

The TUC is a revolutionary new way to do close up coin magic. If you get a chance to attend Mr. Tango's lecture I highly recommend it!!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Ouch! It appears that prices have gone up for TUCs recently! Rats!

I purchased three of them when they were released and noticed that most magic shops online offered reasonable discounts on them. I just took another look at several shops this week and it looks like all are holding to the retail price or very close to it. I'll probably find discounts somewhere but I wonder if the dealer agreement now calls for a "minimum advertised price" for TUCs?

Jim
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
During my couple of days with Mr. Tango the subject of pricing, packaging, support materials, etc. came up frequently. Tango has not raised its prices, and if anything you should see a price reduction in future years on standard sized (available coins) but an increase in custom coins like a Morgan Set. It's a matter of producion efficiency vs. material/labor costs.

Mr. Tango does not dictate pricing -- don't know about Murphy's. The fact that people are hanging onto their TUC's may have an impact, i.e. dealers are not competing with a used TUC market. If the idea of "Keep on TUCing" support/mentoring groups catches on that may be a source for TUC's where people are "moving up" to other models.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Hi Ken!

I should have made my post more clear: I was referring to the prices that most online magic shops are charging. For a few months after the initial debut of the TUC all that I visited offered their usual discounts. Lately though the shops' pricing is either retail or just a tad under retail.

Ken, quite often creators dictate a MAP - Minimum Advertised Price - which sets the prices a retailer must adhere to, at least in their advertising. See this link for an example: http://consumerist.com/2007/09/what-is-m......ice.html

I wasn’t stating that this has been done with the TUC, and I didn't say that this was fact and that Mr. Tango has such a policy; I said "I wonder if the dealer agreement now calls for a "minimum advertised price" for TUCs" in my last post.

When you see prices for a certain item suddenly appear to be the same at various shops it crosses one's mind. At least this mind! Smile

Thank you.

Jim

Posted: Jul 16, 2010 1:16pm
And by the way, this won't keep me from purchasing more TUCs - I still haven't picked up any TUC Quarters and I do want a couple of those, along with at least one Ike TUC. What IS stopping me for now is very simple: my available funds to spend on magic. Most has been going toward more magic books lately.

I'll get 'em sooner or later.

Thank you.

Jim
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Mr. Tango presented a Lecture in Knoxville, TN last week. Naturally, to enthusiastic response and whispered comments as eyes and hearts were opened to the possibilities of the Tango Ultimate Coin.

I had the opportunity to spend several days with Mr. Tango prior to his Lecture in. Thus, during the Lecture I was able to observe the audience rather than his performance. It is fun to notice when the “magic moment” occurs in the mind of the spectator in comparison to when the magician plans it. The T.U.C. wins again! There were multiple “aw-ha” experiences for each effect – especially for those magicians well versed in coin sleights. The magic of the TUC works for lay people and magicians alike – just in different ways. A big hit was his unique approach to ”stress free” body loads, and how the TUC Features allows for misdirection not available with other gaffs.

Mr. Tango is now refining his Lectures to focus on “Stress Free Magic” rather than just demonstrations of this TUC. There is no question that this gaff allows many traditional coin effects to be performed smoothly and easily without difficult sleights or a need to conceal or ditch extra coins. More importantly, this allows the performer to focus on audience engagement and a presentation tailored to both setting and spectator needs.

The TUC does not allow you to just do “a trick or two,” but is a tool upon which entire routines can be built. Each magician will be able to innovate new ways of using this tool beyond the dozens of effects described on the DVDs. The old problem of written instructions has been eliminated. A continuous supply of new effects will also be available in future books, eBooks, DVDs and through the “Keep on TUCing” mentoring groups.

To expand the “Stress Free” concept he also presented several card effects based on a unique but simple principle. The “card mechanics” in the audience were even more amazed than the main group – proving once again that presentation is more important that the trick. Future Lectures will include effects other than the TUC and a discussion/workshop on handing the special coin. He has come to understand that the real magic is getting your hands on a TUC and discovering the potential for yourself. I have now created more than 40 new effects using this invention. How about you?

Look for a Lecture in your area next year, join a Keep on TUCing Group, and take your coin magic to a new level of simplicity and astonishment.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Funsway, will a lecture be coming to Florida any time soon?

As to the comment about people hanging on to their TUC's, I have a TUC Morgan, a TUC Kennedy, and a TUC copper/silver. All being used regularly, and none will be for sale in the near future. If anything, I will be purchasing more and having more sets customized.

Regards,

Alan
Eric Johnson
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Eric Johnson
Hi can anyone tell me if the copper/silver T.U.C. is an English penny with the Half dollar leaf or a half Dollar with the english pennyleaf?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Eric, sent you a PM.

Jim
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have had a couple of TUC's for the past several weeks. This is really an innovative coin. I have an Ike and a Kennedy half. The possibilities with these coins are marvelous. Most of you already know that.

I met Mr. Tango at the IBM convention in San Diego, and almost immediately purchased a Morgan TUC from him, because I tend to use larger coins in my work, and I tend to use Morgans instead of Ikes.

Mr. Tango keeps a very high quality to price ratio on all his products. He is also a nice person.

He wants everyone who buys his products to be happy with them.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
knite
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of knite
I just ordered a TUC quarter from Penguin. I'm really looking forward to playing with this gaff!

Is there an ETA for the Essential TUC book?
Salah AAZEDINE
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
177 Posts

Profile of Salah AAZEDINE
I'v always ordered all my custon gaffed coin from Mr Tongo, he is a great person to deal with and a great service and a good quality.
I don't have the T.U.C yet but I had to chance to meet Mr Tango and see it in action it's a very clever gaff with a lot of possibilities.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I just got my first T.U.C in the mail today. After reading this thread, the method is exactly what I thought it would be.

I am very excited about working with this coin (I got the Kennedy half). The DVD explains a number of effects nicely, and there is a lot of new material on the way.

Only glitch is the orientation of the heads and tails sides of the "extra" coin. They are incorrect on mine. Having said that, I don't think anyone would notice except an overly observant magician.

Overall, a great investment in a new tool that will be fun to experiment with!

Congrats and Cheers to Mr. Tango.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Good eye -- something I had never noticed, perhaps because when I do either a real twirl or a fake "Twirl" to show both sides I rotate the coin about a quarter turn. Since the sides of the Joined TUC are never aligned properly, Mr. Tango probaly did not think it an issue. I'll have to ask.

If it is a concern I am sure he can correct it in production as each Leaf and Shell combination is hand made.

Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
I just checked the heads/tails orientation of the "extra" of my JFK half T.U.C. It is correct, and I verified with a side by side comparison of an ungaffed coin rather than rely on memory/knowledge of what it should be.

Woland
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..29..40..51..62..72~73~74 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL