The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card playing specs v.s No card playing specs... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danielrmk
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of danielrmk
Hey guys, I've recently started to carry 2 decks of cards with different stacks and with them 2 diferent routines. I usually open with a none card trick and on the course of its presentation I get info from them along with their card playing skills.

So any of you do the same? And If you have a really mixed group what do you do? I tend to perform for the non playing crowd. Also, If you do, what are your routines?
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I prefer to choose something that stands on the lines. Effects that do not deal with objective thinking (e.g. gambling demonstrations, which for card players is pretty interesting but nothing but a mere skill demonstration for complete laymen), but more with the ludic side of the cards, by using them to illustrate stories on a playful and visual manner (I suggest you to take a look on Jeff McBride's Magic at the Edge DVD, specifically the 'Listen to the Mustn'ts' card act) to have a really nice example on something that appeals to every single type of audience.

Aother good example is Daryl's 'Presto Printo', available through http://www.foolerdoolers.com . It floors my audiences evrytime, no matter if they are young or old, cardmen or laymen. This routine is very fun, visual and versatile, since you can add pretty much any concept to its basic principles. If you are familiar with Dminique Duvivier's 'Printing' plot, you have an idea.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card playing specs v.s No card playing specs... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL