The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Bottom switch DVD sources to learn from? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
Hello,

as an alternative to a top change/switch I read that you can do a bottom switch?

What DVD sources are out there that show this move?

Using it as an alternate handling of 2 Card Monte.

Thanks.
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
The BoTop change is covered in Erdnase (the book).
Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
Thank you Chris SD!
Sonicstabber
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
174 Posts

Profile of Sonicstabber
Alternatively, there is a really nice handling of the BoTop change in the Complete Works of Derek Dingle.

Marlo also pumped out a few handlings which I believe are in Cardially Yours,

Hope this helps,

Ed
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3223 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Apprentice,

The "Expert At the Card Table" is what I would recommend too.

There are at least two DVD sets out about that book, but I don't have either of them, so I don't know anything about them. There is a DVD set by Wesley James, and a set by Alan Ackerman. Both are great magicians. Both their DVD sets got mixed reviews. I'm reasonably certain that if either magician teaches the bottom change, you could develop a great bottom change from their teaching, but, as I wrote, I don't have either, so I don't even know if it covers all the material in the book. If you get a DVD set, I do recommend reading the book too.

Also, I think you are referring to Eddie Fechter's routine, "Be Honest, What is it?", and not "Two Card Monte".

It's true that David Blaine's presentation for laypeople referred to Fechter's routine as "Two Card Monte" and then subsequently some magic vendors sold the routine under that name, but "Two Card Monte" is actually a very different routine by Theodore Deland. That routine uses gaffs, not regular cards.

This is a bit off topic, but if you can find a copy of The Magic of Eddie Fechter by Jerry Mentzer, jump on it. That books has lots of really great unfathomable material, and much of it is not particularly difficult to learn.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
salmononius2
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of salmononius2
In Card Stunts by Gregory Wilson there is a switch like what you described (although he uses it to replace a 2 with 2 aces). Although I believe it works best if you have a table to put the deck down on.
Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I will check them out if I can. A lot of good sources to look up.
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Ackerman has a dvd on dealing techniques that covers this in detail as an offshoot of the pushout bottom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Bottom switch DVD sources to learn from? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL