The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Stampede (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Glen
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Glen
Still a little new to kid magic, mostly do close up, walk around, and parlor for adults. Had a successful show the other day for a room of about 45 kids ages 6-12. All went well until the end when they made an executive unified decision it was time for a close up look at me and my props. Little hands were everywhere grabbing and touching. "Can I have this?" "What's this for?" "I want that!" Finally a parent came to my rescue. BIG lesson learned!!!!!! Just wish I had a recording of the disaster for America's Funniest Videos.........yee haaa
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Audience control is a huge factor in kidshow performing. I recommend reading Julian Franklin's book, Kid Control, for some truly great insight and guidance in this area. He covers everything from probing hands to pint-size hecklers.

I learned my lesson watching a regional fast food chain mascot at a Scout fair on Langley AFB about 30 years ago. During one trick, the clown, whom we'll call "Wonald," tossed a "souvenir" into the crowd of Cub & Boy Scouts. A small group of boys began fighting over the item. Within seconds the clueless "Wonald" was buried in a sea of blue and brown souvenir scavengers ripping his costume and stage apart. Last glimpse I caught was of a balding man in T-shirt, boxers and tattered jumpsuit running for the nearest shelter faster than a man should be able to run in big red floppy shoes.

True Story. Smile
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Glen
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Glen
Thanks, great story.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Stampede (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL