The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Departure SUCKS! DO NOT BUY IT!!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I'm posting this here as well as a few other areas to spread the word about Departure Ring Flight. Consider this my Public Service Announcement and or WARNING to all the working Pro's out there.

I have gone thru SIX (6) Departures in less then a year's time. They do not hold up. If you're a working professional using this night after night after night as I do, then it will not hold up. I guarentee you that!

Departure is a great little prop and is the strongest Ring Flight I've ever used but they just don't last. If you're a "weekend warrior" or a "hobbiest" then I would say you'll be fine.

BUT A NOTE TO ALL THE WORKING PRO'S OUT THERE! This thing will FAIL YOU. I play 5 nights a week between 3 different restaurants along with about 8+ strolling gigs per month. Departure gets a workout from me.

STAY FAR AWAY!

I hear there is a NEW Ring Flight on the Market that I'm now going to try out. I forget the name, but it comes with a 1 year guarentee I think I heard. I could be wrong.

At any rate, Departure SUCKS! DO NOT WASTE YOU MONEY!!!!!!!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I'd suggest you try "Just IN Case" from http://www.porperoriginals.com but you might blast it? Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Thanks Pete...

I have used Just IN Case before, and didn't like it. I really do like the "reel" methods...sadly, one has yet to exist that can hold up to a pro's schedule. Maybe one day!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
May I suggest you try Steve Dushecks Ringer
no pulls what so ever you can perform this in short sleves and can be repeted as many times as you like never again worry about mechanical problems this is pure slight of hand.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Make your own.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
2 Things:
A-) My Departure broke once and found a very comfortable place in a Drawer in my office!
B-) Check the June Magicana in Genii Magazine and Wayne Houchin publish an interesting ring to key ring!
Best always,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
joshsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
189 Posts

Profile of joshsmagic
Chris,
The ringflight you were talking about is called ring flight revolution. It is by far the best ring flight on the market hands down. And it comes with a 2 YEAR guarentee. The provider is independent who hand makes them and he is very good with his customers.

HERE"S THE LINK FOR EVERYONE....I AM A WORKING PRO 3 NIGHTS A WEEK, please understand I'm looking our for you best interest

http://ringflightrevolution.com/

buy this sucka

theres another thread on this forum comparing departure to ringflight revolution..check it
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Denny recomended the Imakulate to me over 15 years ago. It has served me well.
MagicSmith
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of MagicSmith
Hi Everyone
I posted this in the Table Hoppers section too - sorry for repeating it, but wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to read. First, thanks for to anyone who purchased Departure and sincerest apologies if the unit subsequently broke on you. Probably the cable snapped - and subsequently got sucked into the unit. That happens every now and then.

All of our new units (began shipping late Jan 09) have an added piece of neoprene tubing to cushion the shock of the anchor hitting the fob - this really beefs up the cable strength. Our new units are working and last a long time (1000's of uses), and I expect your new unit will too.

I'd be happy to send anyone who's Departure has broken on them a FREE REPLACEMENT. Just send me back your broken unit (to the address below) and I'll replace - no receipt necessary and no questions asked. Even if one of the new units breaks on you (and it shouldn't) I'll still replace it. Yes, I just said it - I'll replace my replacement (haha). I mean it. I'll keep this offer open until the end of this year (12/31/09).

I believe I've solved the problems with the unit, but if there are still any lingering issues, I've just given myself a hell of an incentive to make it right. Right?

My interest here is solely making the best possible magic effect I can - and providing something that you'll use constantly. Departure is something I use constantly - sometimes several times a day. It's always on my key chain so I can perform it at the drop of a shoe (and I'm not referring to interlace).

If there's any issues, or if you have any feedback, please don't hesitate to contact me. Btw, if you're coming to Magic Live here in Vegas in August, make sure to stop by our booth and say hi. Since I know most of you are special effects nerds like me, you're gonna dig the theming and animations we’ve added to the booth. FYI - I'll also have a (regular) booth at the TAOM.

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon,
Chris Smith

MagicSmith
9811 West Charleston Blvd
Ste 2-634
Las Vegas, NV 89117
(702)420-0751
http://www.magicsmith.com
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
There you go! Chris is a class act.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Sometimes the best place to start with problems and complaints is the source. You'd be surprised what it can accomplish.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

I have contacted Chris about this...apparently, I had the WRONG source as I had gone previously to Derrick whom I thought was the one who was making them. I am hoping Chris will be able to resolve this issue for me as I'm out lots of time and money.

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
He will. Chris is stand up guy. He absolutely understands good customer service.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Now THAT'S customer service.

Talk about standing behind your product.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Chris Smith of Magic Smith is Awesome!!! We spoke on the phone and he is not only making it right $$$ wise, but is also going to REDESIGN the product to make it last.

Chris Smith is TOPS in my book!

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Good to hear CL! Always nice when manufactures/creators LISTEN to their clientele and make improvements that benefit the marketplace!
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Maybe now you can change the title to this thread to "Chris Smith is a great guy!" ;-)
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Chris Smith Is one of the good guys One of the best persons I ever did buiness with
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On 2009-09-01 10:16, vinsmagic wrote:
Chris Smith Is one of the good guys One of the best persons I ever did buiness with
vinny

Couldn't agree more. Been doing bussiness with him for a very long time.
BCaldwell
View Profile
Special user
is really regretting his
524 Posts

Profile of BCaldwell
I hope people stop to read the posts and don't go by the title alone. I haven't had any trouble with mine but it is nice to know Chris stands by his product.
"...that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller Smile

~Bob~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Departure SUCKS! DO NOT BUY IT!!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL