We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Richard Himber-A man and his Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3601 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I've goggled, seached the Café, and little exsists of this book. Can anyone give a brief review on this book or perhaps PM me
cheerz for any help
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
It's a collection of ads for his unique products which were advertised in the 60s in Genii Magazine. He was very creative and rich with many contacts so he was able to produce amazing magic effects. The book is sort of pasted together and the descriptions of the tricks are largely from the instruction sheets.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3601 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks Larry, I thought it might be a book of his creations and explanations. I guess this would be good if you owned some of his marketed effects. Again thanks
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Quote:
On 2009-07-09 07:55, takeachance wrote:
Thanks Larry, I thought it might be a book of his creations and explanations. I guess this would be good if you owned some of his marketed effects. Again thanks

Since the book (which was published by Magico) is essentially a compilation of Himber's instruction sheets, it IS a book of his creations and explanations (i.e., his marketed effects). Of course, like any book, while it covers all of the information about the effects it does not include the actual props or apparatus that may be required to perform them.
Dick Christian
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3601 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I may go ahead and try to aquire this as I do have a couple of original items of Richard from auctions sites and am becoming a big fan of his thinking. It sounds like it will definatly give a great insight into his magic apparatus as it comes up for sale. Thanks Dick for your help
Neil
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Its a fun book. I read it from cover to cover in one sitting. Get it.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
g.albinana
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of g.albinana
In the book they talk about a VOL 2...cant´find any info about it. Do you know anything?
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Volume 2 never came out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Richard Himber-A man and his Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL