The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Mark Parker's New Illusion Book (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Jon Gower
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
33 Posts

Profile of Jon Gower
I met up with Mark last night for our regular get together, and was delighted to be able to see the nearly finished draft of Mark’s long awaited second book of unique illusions.

I’ve known Mark for about 5 years and during that time have gradually seen the development of each of the 10 unique illusion designs that are in the new book entitled VIVIFY. If you thought Mark’s first book was great with strong workable magic then the second book is even stronger!

This time around Mark also demonstrates his skill as a visual artiste using many hand drawn visuals as well as CAD images. The book, with a foreword by Brett Daniels, is a piece of art in itself. It is hardback (case bound) with a black linen covering with embossing and colour print. The pages are high quality gloss paper with full colour images and high end binding to ensure elegant page turning while the book is laying open.

As many of you will know, Mark’s books are not for the inquisitive or first time illusionist, they are for the magician who has a good working knowledge of illusionary principles and wants either the inspiration or the actual ideas to push the illusion art further. All of Mark’s concepts in this book are practical and workable (with some already having been produced into working props and used in productions across the World).

Mark tells me that he hopes that the publication date will be late summer and in the tradition of the Harbin book will be limited to just 500 numbered copies. Books of this caliber don’t come around very often so I would advise those who don’t want to miss out to e-mail Mark to reserve a copy – markparker1@mac.com.

Mark is taking a pre order list by email and it is a first come first served on the numbered editions with the first 100 orders receiving a limited edition signed and number illustration montage print.

It will only be available from Mark and no other dealers will be stocking this.

As Mark is no longer a member of the café I wanted to shout about his new work as I think it will be one that will remain in the best magic libraries for decades to come.

Mark’s website is http://www.illusion-designer.com
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of reedrc
I will be getting one the second its available.
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
Just emailed him.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Very cool .. I remember how impressed I was with his first book, man it was slick.

I really look forward to seeing what he's come up with this time around .. I'm sure it will blow you away.

Steve
jaynet
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of jaynet
Have emailed him and looking forward to his book.
thanks for the info
Jon Gower
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
33 Posts

Profile of Jon Gower
I spoke to Mark over the weekend.

Vivify will be shipping late September/early October. Mark's website - http://www.illusion-designer.com is now taking orders. Go to "publications" and you can order via paypal and all major cards.

The price is £100 plus £15 shipping worldwide. That's just £10 per illusion - a bargain for this man's creative genius.

You really don't want to miss out on this publication.

Jon.
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Through his site I did find the illusionist "Gaetano Triggiano". He was mentioned sometimes.
Wow - he did totally rip-off David Copperfield. The head mover (with second stand), the cocoon, the water levitation (even in the exact movements - eg the water stopping hand move), and more... (eg the movements of Hans Klok with the spiker, only 3 girls). At least he executes it well. But that´s no excuse and he is NOT the guy I would like to work with! He has some other good (none rip-off) work - so he wouldn´t be in need of the 1-to-1 rip-offs (also in his actual work).
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
@ Jon Gower: Thanks for your helpful inputs above.

The first book is great so we can hope! Yes!

I saw it yesterday through: http://4-effect.createsend5.com/t/r/l/drtdly/giikrull/r
That´s the direct link to the 200 USD book (converted).
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1976 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hey guys I thought to chime in and say a few things.
First of all being a good friend with Mark Parker, I know for fact that there is no more ethical guy when it comes to magic business, therefore he quit working with that italian guy because he would not get rid of his rip off illusions.

Now speaking about the book, I was so lucky to have a draft read of the book when I was in UK recently and the ten illusions are just great. Mark does not take the usual path of sticking something on a base, his illusions concentrate on maximum effect to the audience along with originality. He also describes them fully with pages of text and wonderful illustrations giving you a clear understanding of each illusion and its requirements.

The pre-ordering is up online on his website now & I strongly urge all of you to secure your copy now as they are going fast. Once the print run is exhausted there will be no more, this book will quickly become collectable and unobtainable.

All the best,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
@Titanas: It was no accuse at Mark at all!! No.
I was only mentioning, that I found repeatedly this name (before totally unkown to me) on the page and googled him therefor afterwards. So maybe it would be the best to remove him from the page.

There are enough out there, who owns one legit illusion of e.g. Jim S and also have 3 rip-offs of him. That´s not Steinmeyers fault!! Where should he know it from? He can´t track each customer. And he has been stolen 3 times. In most times he won´t know about it and will never know it. So no accusation at Steinmeyer! Where should he know it from? But after hearing about it, he would never work with this thief together any more.

That´s the correct handling. And Mark did it correctly as well!! Yes - I want to point that out once more: He was quitting to work with this guy, cause he didn´t want to stop it. That´s the way to handle it. Only in that way the inventors (like Mark) will get the ethical respect and well deserved money they need to do their work. And only cause of such reactions the rip-off guys hopefully learn from it or at least get no further support any more.
=> So once more no accuse, but a recommendation for the second book - cause the first was great (like already posted above)!
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1976 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hi JoyJoy,
Thanks for clearing that up.
Mark would be the first to come here and post, but he does not use the Café anymore.

Mark was contacted by Serge Denoncourt (director of Believe who was working with Triggiano back then) & he only agreed to consult Triggiano & design new illusions but with a strong view that he would get rid of the copies. Despite many promises it became clear that this would never happen so Mark does not work with him anymore and to this day is still owed money for work he was asked to do.

Mark says it is a shame as Triggiano is a talented performer but sadly & lazily chooses to copy illusions. Mark will remove the name of Triggiano from his website as soon as his web guy can get onto it.

All the best,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Thanks for the added detail-informations. That all accumulates to the already great reputation of Mark.
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
873 Posts

Profile of gitty
The illusions, ten in total. in no particular order:

* Sanction - a slender upright cabinet that turns into an assistants revenge themed illusion with the performer escaping his peril, reappearing at the back of theatre.
* Motorbike - a brand new motorbike production using a brightly lit stage and a very open apparatus
* Dissolve - Your assistant lowers herself into a tiny upright cabinet and is seen to visibly dissolve to nothing.
* Body Builder - You could take this as a modern day self contained vampire illusion
* Abdomen - The performer lays on a table and one or two assistants can visibly crawl out of his stomach. The assistants then cover the performer briefly and cause him to vanish.
* Vivisectioned - Previously published as a download pdf file. My take on Thurston's vivisection illusion
* EMB - Examinable Mirror Box yes you read that correctly
* Asrah table - A unigue take on the asrah table
* 95% Gone - An audience member is invited on stage and then performer causes 95% of her body to vanish.
* Hiding Place - An very deceptive appearance of the performers assistant. This all takes place on top of a simple desk.
WALTHER
jkmagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of jkmagic
Sounds great,as a happy owner of Mark's first Illusion book I look forward to adding this to my collection.Mark is a great designer of Illusions & a very nice guy too.
sileeni
View Profile
Loyal user
UK.
267 Posts

Profile of sileeni
I have all Marks Items too, and cant wait for this one to arrive.
I have met Mark on several occasisions and have always found him to be polite and very helpful with regards to his designs.
This publication once again looks like a great read. Full of superb origional work.
Hats off to you Mark, and keep up the good work.

Best,

Sileeni..........................................
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Sounds like Great stuff! I'm now awaiting for my copy!!!!

Look forward to seeing it in a month or two.

Blair
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
I'm can't wait to get my hands on Mark's latest work. His last book raised the bar very high .. I don't think I've ever seen such a slick book on illusions.

Sometimes it just takes a little inspiration to get you going in the right direction. I look forward to seeing whats new and on the cutting edge of illusion.

Steve
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
I hope Mark will keep us posted as to when he receives them, and starts to ship out.

B
euroillusion
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of euroillusion
I'm sure this book is going to be awesome and very well produced. It will set a new standard for any magic book! Those who had seen some of his previous plans will know what briliant effects and ideas there are. The question will be who will be the first to build them Smile
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2536 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Run to Steven's Magic and place your pre-order!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Mark Parker's New Illusion Book (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL