The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » David Roth's "The Lapel Coin" need help... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
spcarlson
View Profile
Veteran user
Minneapolis MN
360 Posts

Profile of spcarlson
I soldered a safety pin to a coin and it works great, no fear of it falling off and losing it plus the pin gives it some extra play making it look loose. In the center of the back of the coin scrap down to the copper middle to get the solder to stick, I’ve used the same one for 30 years.

Idea for the lapel magnet, I found an N42 disc magnet 1” diameter 1/32” thick, barely thicker than a playing card! K & J Magnetics Inc.

Steve
Legendary Creations

from Merlin to Marilyn

www.MagicalArtCreations.com

www.StevenPaulCarlson.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Another great idea Steve!
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2880 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2009-07-13 13:35, Magiguy wrote:
Personally, I like the Dusheck idea, but Kranzo also has a good solution for an inexpensive shell .

The UV shell is a great solution to the Lapel coin because it is so light weight and inexpensive. I think someone also pointed out that it can be gaffed very easy....and you won't feel bad because you only payed a few dollars.

I have hacked off the rim so I only have a sliver of a coin. A shell with no rim or lip. This can be affixed to an english penny or chinese coin with a littl stickum and make for a very visual color change. You can also drill, punch, saw, twist, and even stretch these shells with the right tools. Some very interesting gaffs can be made...

Back to the lapel coin. Earl Nelson uses the lapel coin in a great way. For some great work with the lapel coin check out my friend Ron's routine in L.I.N.T.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Take Pete Biro's advice...

Sew a piece of velcro where you need it to be sewn. That will always be in place. With the coin, take the opposite end of the velcro and blue tac it to the coin. With this setup, I have forgotten about the coin and took it to the dry cleaners several times. The coin never came off. Tape of any kind is too much work and very temporary. The velcro method takes you minutes to set up and should last a long time. In fact, its still sticking to my jacket as we speak. This method can be used not only on the lapel, but anywhere you wish. Be creative...Smile
Sam Weiss
View Profile
Loyal user
Stratford, CT should have more than
278 Posts

Profile of Sam Weiss
Even more ideas! Sweet... I ended up taking a shell and putting a magnet inside and one in the lapel like someone suggested here Smile Works great now and I even have the option of taking it off.
"There's something that gets in your soul when you study magic,it's in your heart, and when you perform it comes across the footlights and into everybody else's heart..."
-Denny Haney
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » David Roth's "The Lapel Coin" need help... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL