The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Good coin wallet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Meshuggina
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Meshuggina
I'm trying to locate a goon wallet to hold my coins, of the type that would have slots for individual (or pairs) of coins in it, as opposed to the "pouch" type which allows them to bang around. I used to sell them, so I know they exist, but I haven't even been able to locate a roll in my googling. Does anybody know of, or is, a location for these?
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
I searched and searched and searched when I was looking for one. I ended up getting Jay Sankey's Assassin's Pouch. I know that's now what you're looking for but that is what I settled with. If I find something else, I'll be sure to tell you because I would like one as you described as well.
Looking for a coin?
A coin holder or accessory?
THE COIN MAGICIAN'S RESOURCE:
The Magician's Coin
Meshuggina
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Meshuggina
Thanks, I'll check that out. I also considered making either my own waller or making a wooden hinged "box" which is hinged halfway down (so both sides are usable) with holes drilled the size of each coin group. I could dress it up quite a bit and I figure I could get 6 stacks of 2-4 coins on each side in rougly the size of a fat wallet. I'll let you know if I find anything.
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Sounds good. I personally own this wallet for my credit cards, license, and money. It has a zippered pocket. I would highly suggest this to the minimalists that just need a place to put the coins on the go. I hold my copper/silver/brass coins in it.

http://www.bigskinny.net/mini-skinny-zippered-pocket.html

Accordian style with a zipper pocket.
http://www.bigskinny.net/lynx.html

They also have a bunch of other styles. Not exactly a "coin" wallet, but it might help someone.
Looking for a coin?
The Magician's Coin
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Here's one I purchased. Its GREAT! Price is reasonable too...

http://www.sightconnection.com/coinpurse.html

sdmagic
snap
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, USA
218 Posts

Profile of snap
I get the onasaka purses from jamie schoolcraft...they work well and are fair priced
**--snap--**
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
523 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Mesh,
Try taking a look at this one. One of the Café members recommended it to me and I just recently placed an order for it but haven't received it yet. When I saw the advertisement, I knew it was exactly what I was looking for in a coin purse.

Roberto

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......=connell
Original Card Clinician
k13pt0maniac
View Profile
New user
Brownsville, Texas
92 Posts

Profile of k13pt0maniac
I'm loving my small hidden clasp purses (pouch style) for holding my halves.. they don't rattle around as much as people think, but I really LOVE my JOL single coin holder for my dollar coins... I carried the coins in there all day and never heard them rattle around in my pocket once.

but since your looking for the kind that hold coins individually here are 2.

Coin Wallet

JOL Coin Tidy

although I think that these kind of purses tend to be kinda thick.. not only are your coins being stacked on on top of the other but there is a layer of leather and inner lining between the coins.. I can hold the same amount of coins in my small coin purse and its half the size than when I put them in the "Coin Wallet"

-Abe
-Abe a.k.a. C3rb3rus
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
My problem with these is they just look so old-fashioned and almost seem impractical.
Looking for a coin?
The Magician's Coin
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-07-11 22:08, lorenwade wrote:
My problem with these is they just look so old-fashioned and almost seem impractical.

You could always just carry the coins in the purse to keep them safe from damage. Before you perform just take the coins out of the purse so no one sees the coin purse.

Best,
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2269 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I purchased wholesale bi-fold leather wallets on E-Bay and modified them by placinf credit card hp;der sections on both ethe right ald left sides, safely holding a dozen coins; instantly accessible. This may not be the right solution for you, but it does the job for me.

Kotah
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1841 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Thanks sdmagic. That looks real good.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Check out the Case Logic case for carrying memory cards at Walmart. It will hold six sets of coins and costs $4.00. It even has a loop for attachment to a belt. It's in the camera section.
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4838 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea I have had some! Thay don't hold enought coins for me! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
At this point, I don't have enough coins to require a wallet... I just use my zippered regular wallet. I just keep a couple coins in there.
Looking for a coin?
The Magician's Coin
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2009-07-13 00:24, David Neighbors wrote:
Yea I have had some! Thay don't hold enought coins for me! Smile

Dave, I doubt a full set of luggage would hold enough coins for you! Smile
Sammy J. Teague
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4838 Posts

LOL!!! Smile Yea well I think you have seen my Bag! And How heavy it is!:)
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
ray raymond
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of ray raymond
I would recomend anthony miller's real mans coin wallet. I use it on a regular basis The site has some bad reviews on it,but I have no problems with it.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1595
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
I highly recommend every one that Maniac listed, but specifically:

Coin Wallet

JOL Coin Tidy

given the style you are hunting for. I have them all, and those are the safest and most practical IMHO. BUT, at the rate I'm going, I'll be buying some luggage just like David! Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4838 Posts

Hi Zaprig,
Yea Some times you need it!!! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Good coin wallet? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL