The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Natural" Force Books (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Does anyone know any other 'natural forcing books' as used in max maven's autome routine?
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
kyle_freemason
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of kyle_freemason
I know of quite a few. I do not mean to appear rude, but this has been covered numerous times. Please do a search and you will find a lengthy list I posted a while back Smile Best wishes!
MM
Butler # 254
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Do a search on what?
Magic is a vanishing art.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Almost any book can become a "natural" or "hybrid" (both Max Maven's terms) force book. All you have to do is find ones that have suitable words in approximately the same location on multiple pages and then come up with a logical way of forcing those pages without arousing suspicion. Both requirements pose potential problems. Far better IMO to use any of the many forcing books on the market that will withstand close scrutiny if left in the hands of an audience member and there are several that meet that criteria (unfortunately, they are outnumbered by the many that do not). Best of all, of course, is to learn and use some of the several book tests that can be done impromptu with any book and that either do not require the forcing of a page or that allow a page to be forced in a manner that is above suspicion.

For those who opt for the "natural/hybrid" force book route but are too lazy to expend the effort to find their own, as Kyle has indicated, several lists of those identified by others can be found on the Café and other Internet forums (a search on "autome" might be a good place to start).
Dick Christian
thorsten dankworth
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of thorsten dankworth
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2619 Posts

The books found at the link given above by Thorsten look interesting; however, none of them appear to be the "natural/hybrid" type of forcing book pmc is asking about nor, I suspect, would they withstand scrutiny by an audience member (although I can't be certain of that without seeing them).
Dick Christian
numizmata
View Profile
New user
Budapest
64 Posts

Profile of numizmata
The hungarian version of Stephen King The shining book is wonderful. I know its not intresting for you but look through some book. In this copy on the pages 84, 163, 197, 224, 385, 339, 489 the first word is Danny.

This fact is more funny, because the hungarian Next Uri Geller Show winners name is Danny... :S

numizmata,
Hungary
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Here you are:

Cheers,
Christopher Taylor

Roots by Alex Haley Dell Books - Rains: pp 14, 30, 59, 292 
and belly: pp 2, 78, 99,  249 (chest and belly)

The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough from Avon Books:
Eyes: pp 163, 139, 114, 233, 265, 407, 418, 551.

"The Mummy" by Anne Rice; pps. 40, 54, 58, 137, 281; money or coins.

"Eater of Souls" by Lynda S. Robinson; pps. 12, 134, 147, 150, 188, 211,229; evil.  Note: the term "Father" is repeated on the first line of a number of pages too.  If you want them, you can look them up.  

"Maori" by Alan Dean Foster; pps. 20, 21, 184, 243, 244, 293, 333, 417; Fighting/combat.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Theme: Fire; pages: 75, 76, 196, 237, 244, 379
Theme: Wand; 76, 117, 285, 289, 474, 563, 577, 585, 596
Theme: Owl; 202, 274, 465, 470, 472
Theme: Smile; 64, 73, 335, 410, 535, 547
Theme: Cup; 58, 68, 105, 163, 450, 454

Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone
Theme: The number "four"; 7, 13, 39(the page that chapter 4 starts on),
81, 97 ("four-poster")  
Theme: Door; 58, 85, 135, 191
Theme: Hand; 65, 70, 103, 141

"Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban":

Theme:  Tower.  Pages 115, 119, 239, 302.

Theme:  Bed.    Pages 36, 55, 136,202.

Theme:  Black.  Pages 34, 65, 158, 160, 216, 249, 250, 263, 275.

Ann Rice-
    Queen of the ***ed (spec has to read 2 lines)----"Red Headed Twins"
    Tale of the Body Thief---- "The Devil"   38,73,77,93,215,294

Nora Roberts, "Midnight Bayou", pp.75 & 155 jewelry,pearls, diamonds..pp. 211,230, 270 diamonds & rubies, jewelry
                                                     pp. 64, 281 earrings

John Sandford, "Sudden Prey", pp.87, 121, 137, 203, 262, 315, 332, 343 telephone

John Sandford, "The Fool's Run",  pp. 127, 129, 132, 236, 266, 331  door
                                                        pp. 109, 219, 240, 250, 252  phone
                                                        pp. 70, 241, 269, 290 car
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Wow.. .great info Chris!!

but in Chile isn't so natural used a english book
jajaja
;D
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
Ted Squires
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Ted Squires
Quote:
On 2009-07-14 08:05, Dick Christian wrote:
Almost any book can become a "natural" or "hybrid" (both Max Maven's terms) force book.

Dick is correct. This principle works with almost any book. All you need to do is sit down with the book & take notes as you go through it page by page. In fact many times you can even repeat it the effect with a different word using the same book.

Take it a step further than just using the book(s) as a prop needed to do a book test. Use books that you like and are familiar with. Books that you can talk about. Books that may have some connection to your presentation. This takes it to another level.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Thanks for your help...

my plan is this:

I want to make a crib sheet to carry in my wallet of popular books that can be used, so when the 'impromptu' opportunity arises (i.e; I spot an appropriate book on someone's shelf) I'll be ready to go ...

I think I'll pick up the Driscoll book

thanks all!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
I cant even tell you how many times "gimmick" appears in my magic books.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Do a search as mentioned above....I saw this same discussion here years ago....2003 to be exact (MAY)
topic=47962&forum=15

-Best

Use the tools at hand.
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
With any books recommended here, make sure you look at the book before you buy it. I went through this last year and found that some of the books recommended did not work because the books that are available now are a different release from what was recommended, in some cases, 6 years ago. I don't recall if some of the recommended titles had ISBN numbers, but if so, you could always order from the ISBN number.

I went through the previous threads, made a list of books, words & page numbers and headed off to a bookstore to see what I could find. I actually had better luck doing this with my own books than I did the recommended books.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2619 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-07-15 10:17, Domino Magic wrote:
With any books recommended here, make sure you look at the book before you buy it. I went through this last year and found that some of the books recommended did not work because the books that are available now are a different release from what was recommended, in some cases, 6 years ago. I don't recall if some of the recommended titles had ISBN numbers, but if so, you could always order from the ISBN number.

Note that the ISBN number alone is no guarantee that the pagination will be the same. I know of several books -- same title, same author, same publisher, same ISBN and same physical appearance in every respect (size, cover, etc.) but different editions/printings and different pagination. The only way you can be sure that a particular book will work is to check each of the force pages identified to be sure that they do in fact contain the word(s) in the proper location.
Dick Christian
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Max Maven's "Autome" is still unique in his concept that its not just a WORD on each page but a series of thoughts. yes almost all books have a word that will work, but its not the same.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
Again, that's why it's recommended that you spend time with the book to understand this. I'll be honest, I haven't found one book that I own that doesn't work and can work several times with different thoughts/word/concept, etc.

Dick,

Thanks for that info. I figured the ISBN would be the guarantee. Nice to know it is not.
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
916 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
I second Dick.
I learnt it the hard way...different countries might print the book diferently.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
mrraemagic
View Profile
New user
Scotland, UK
9 Posts

Profile of mrraemagic
Does anyone have isbn numbers for books that work with this force? I've tried buying many of the titles listed but they have been changed so the force pages no longer work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Natural" Force Books (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL