The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Wheat Germ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

streetmagician_08
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of streetmagician_08
Hey guys,

I know wheat germ oil is good for the bird's feathers, but I have 2 questions:

1. I bought some wheat germ crumbs that are sodium and cholesterol-free. Can I give this to the birds (will it be safe)?

2. I know wheat germ brightens feathers, but what else does it do? Does it make them molt?

Thanks guys. Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5134 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I'm not sure what the wheat germ crumbs are but it doesn't sound dangerous to the birds.

Doves will molt all by themselves. You don't have to give them anything. The wheat germ oil has vitamin E which gives the birds healthy skin and shiny feathers.

Just a few drops in their food each day is enough. When they start to molt, add an extra drop.

Besides the wheat germ, look for Nutrimin. A few squirts of this in their water each day will give them all the vitamins they need.
Where the magic begins
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Would you believe that many of the doves I have now (about 100 of them) many will not eat wheat if there is anything else available. The milo and corn are favorites. That may tell a story about wheat germ oil.

Bob Sanders
Magic by Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Wheat Germ (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL