The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Going to Dollywood on the 27th! You all have any tips? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cody Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
201 Posts

Profile of Cody Comet
Hey everyone,

I am anxiously looking forward to being able to go to Dollywood at the end of this month since I've been wanting to go for pratically all of my life! I'll be going as a part of 4-H's National Institute of Cooperative Education (NICE) convention taking place at UT's Knoxville campus. So I was wondering if any of you all had any tips for my visit? Like are the lines usually long? What rides do I absolutly have to do? Whats shows, if any, do I absolutly have to see? And anything else you all want to mention will be appreciated!

And before anyone mentions it, since I'm stuck w/ the 4-H group, I won't be able to see Terry Evanswood's show while I'm down there. Smile But since I may try to attend next years Winter Carnival, I'll hopefully catch his show then! Smile
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
I just got back from Dollywood. One thing to take note is that if you get there after 3:00 pm and buy your ticket to get in you can go on the same ticket the next day for free. They close at 8:00 pm because the park does not really have lights. They also give free cups of water at all the drink stands the sell fountain drinks. This is something I have never seen a theme park do.

There are 4 main roller coaster is you into that. There is a very large wooden one that is one of the most intense rides I have been on. If you like roller coasters I would ride them all.

Do not look forward to the magic show. They have a magic shop but it is a typical theme park magic shop. The magician there was trying to sell sponge balls and color cube mental trick. I asked the person working the counter if there would be magic shows on the train station stage as advertised and she said that her main magician was not there that day and the other guy may do some magic in the back of the store. I asked about the stage show and she said it depended on if there were enough people. I told her that unless you put the signs out that say what time the show would start people would not just site there and wait.

As far as lines go, they have them. We could pretty much walk on the rides after 7:00 in the evening but from 10:00 am til after 4:00 the big rides had lines.

Also, there are not a whole lot of places to eat. If you eat between 11:00 and 1:30ish expect to stand in a long line to get food. Try and eat outside that time and you should be ok.

Other then that it is a fun park to go to.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
As someone who stayed at a hotel where the 4H people were at for a convention let me say on behalf off all the adult guest to STOP RUNNING AROUND AND BE QUIET! Thank you.
Cody Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
201 Posts

Profile of Cody Comet
Thanks for the tips Tim! Since our group is apparently going to be catered to, I shouldn't have to worry about food lol!! And I love roller coasters, so I'll be looking forward to that! And since now I know not to waste my time waiting on a magic show that may not be playing, I'll have even more time on the coasters!

And MagicSanta, I'll try to keep that in mind, though I'm not sure if the others will lol!! I'll admit that when I was at the state level for this particular 4-H event, I wondered what half the people were doing there! And on top of that, the adult leader for one of my group activites said that being there was the longest he has gone w/o pot. But I'm hoping that I'll have a good time since all the creeps hopefully have been weeded out at the state level.

And everyone else keep those Dollywood tips coming!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Yes, girls do look like sheep....
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Farm girls get very early educations. Especially on Horse farms. A feller has a lot to live up to.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
My first wife was cousins with Dolly. Dolly used to take her and her sister up into a tree house and tell her bawdy jokes.

Hope this helps.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Make sure to see Terry Evanswood's show while you are in town!
Mister Mystery
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2009-07-15 08:00, Regan wrote:
Make sure to see Terry Evanswood's show while you are in town!

Quote:
On 2009-04-14 4:16, Cody Comet wrote:
And before anyone mentions it, since I'm stuck w/ the 4-H group, I won't be able to see Terry Evanswood's show while I'm down there.

:P
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Uh.....sorry........
Mister Mystery
Cody Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
201 Posts

Profile of Cody Comet
That's ok Regan, I'll see if I can see him if I come to the 2010 Winter Carnival. And if girls look like sheep, then Dolly must be a sheep with two huge warts on its chest lol!! Jk, I love Dolly!

that's really cool Josh, I really like Dolly and I'd like to hear more about that if that's ok.

And while I'm at Dollywood, I hope I run into Dolly before her titties run into me lol!! Jk again. I've got a gutter mind don't I?
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Quote:
On 2009-07-15 13:04, Cody Comet wrote:

that's really cool Josh, I really like Dolly and I'd like to hear more about that if that's ok.

Actually that's the extent of my story LOL!
But she did say that Dolly was a genuine, down to earth, friendly lady. And what you see on stage is who she is.

I went to Dollywood when it first opened. The musical review was horrible.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
If you like magic and comedy, check out the Comedy Barn while you're there. It's near Dollywood.
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
I also just returned from my Annual trip to visit my family in Knoxville TN While there I also visited Dollywood.... While Reading Magicbytim it sounded exactly like my experience at Dollywood.... I was there Thursday the 9th.... The Magic show didn't happen that day, The Guy in the back was showed up by my 11 year old daughter ( I had to tell her to stop, she had a bigger crowd then the Teenager they had demoing the tricks) The Food lines were long but if you eat before going to the park and then again around 2 or 3 the lines seem to slim down by that time. The lines on the rides were long but they did a great job moving them along.

I would definitely recommend Terry's Show It is reasonably Priced Kids are Free and it is a great show ( Get your tickets in advance he sells out )
Kids are also Free at the comedy Barn the price of tickets there was only $25.00 and there acts are always changing so you might not see a magician however it is a great show.

Enjoy your stay a remember to allow plenty of time as the area is very congested and it could take you 30 min to go 5 miles
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2009-07-14 17:02, MAGICBYTIM wrote:
They also give free cups of water at all the drink stands the sell fountain drinks. This is something I have never seen a theme park do.

They probably do that so that people don't get heat stroke, like I did at Cedar Point, the last time that I went. I've never been back to Cedar Point, after that - about 30 years ago. Sometimes a kid is too low on cash to get a drink and too disoriented to know what the problem is.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Dollywood is a great food destination.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Tips for Dolly Parton? I thought that's what she was famous for.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2009-12-09 22:05, landmark wrote:
Tips for Dolly Parton? I thought that's what she was famous for.

LOL!
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Turn left, NOW!!!!!!!!
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Going to Dollywood on the 27th! You all have any tips? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL