The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Transformers theme - what tricks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
What tricks / routines would you use with a Transformers themed party?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Well, the Transformers are giant robots that disguise themselves as regular objects (cars, garbage trucks, porta-potties, etc.) and then "transform" into robots so they can fight and smash lots of buildings and famous locations.

The obvious trick is to transform object A into object B, but that kind of loses the effect of seeing the robot assemble.

You could:
- Put a bunch of parts into a box and have them turn into a robot
- "Transform" a kid via a costume to help you(You need assistance!)
- Use the transformed kid's "robot strength" to squeeze something so it vanishes or changes
- "Transform" Mom or Dad into something dorky/silly to help you in a later trick
- Audience participation! "OK, everyone pretend they're a Transformer! You're in your regular shape (car, whatever). OK, on the count of 3, TRANSFORM! 1...2..." If you use a sound system, find some mechanical sounds to play while the whole audience undergoes this. You should do it too! Maybe you do this because a special object used in a magic trick (a ball or whatever) is "too heavy" for a normal person to move.

How's that for starters?

Jeff
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Flying - attach a zombie gimmick to one of the toys

Any changing effect - even simple colour changing silks (or canes, disks, hot rods, etc, etc, etc) would work to explain the process.

How about getting rid of the bad guys by using disappearing effects?

How about an effect where you teach values in teamwork or helping others?

Even production effects for the start of the show to introduce them - square circle etc to pull out toys or other appropriate things.

I think that, if you put some creativity into it, there is really no limit to the amount of effects you could incorporate. My own personal preference would be to investigate my own collection of effects for potential and then just buy one or two items to round out the show. The power and fun of the show will come through the scripting.

Good luck.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I'm with Scott. don't go mad on the transformer effects, stick with what you do best. Maybe add one and then just reference it in your usual show.

You could adapt the old gag:

A car that turns into a robot? That's nothing I once saw a tractor turn into a field...

A simple game would be to get 2 of the toys and have an adult race a child into changing it into a robot. Children seem to be able to do it in seconds whereas adults are usually confused by them.
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
Two words Morph Dog!
formfoam
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of formfoam
Thanks!!!
I will add video.
Morph Dog Green
Oh? it's not that.
Here the green!!
I see above conversation about the Car to Robot!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Transformers theme - what tricks? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL