The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Kohler's Black Envelope...anyone seen this yet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
Dear group,

Just wondering if anyone had seen this effect performed by Bob Kohler before its release to the market?

I just spoke with him and he said that it is headed for the manufacturer now.

Paul h.
Carl Rheuban
View Profile
New user
Malibu, California
90 Posts

Profile of Carl Rheuban
I heard Kohler was coming out with a holdout and a video on the holdout. Is this what you are talking about?

Carl.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
The description I've read looks similar to Ted Lesley's "Teleport" envelope, although I think I recall it is done with a signed card and no sleights. Don't quote me on this though guys I'm going off memory. Best to email Bob on bobkohler@lvcm.com.

Martino.

Oh, and it's not the same as the Fitch/Kohler holdout. That's covered elsewhere on this board. Smile
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Martino... Where did you find a description of the Black Envelope? His web site is not fully running yet.

Just got an E-mail from Bob Kohler saying this may be released in a month or so.
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Speaking of Bob Kohler, does he have a web site with more information on his upcoming releases. I heard about the new holdout system from this board about 4 months ago and would like to read up on current information if it is available.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Send an e-mail to Bob Kohler [bobkohler@lvcm.com] and ask him to send you a copy of his e-newsletter.
"One arrow. One life."
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
From all that I have heard, it is a practical version of the piece of crap that was called the "Miracle Gimmick"...this was going back a few years.

It is supposedly a method of getting a duplicate of a signed card on the fly...aka impossible location trick with a signed card. He also says it can be used as a perfect "out" for any card trick in addition to many other applications.

I am looking forward to this release.

Paul h.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Mark Elsdon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Mark Elsdon
In Kohler's maketing on his website he mentions "the legendary Frank Garcia tipped Bob an incredible idea from top Scottish card man Peter Duffie..."

Well here's how 'underground' it is - the whole thing is fully explained and illustrated on page 13 of Duffie/Sadowitz's 'Inspirations' book which was published in 1987.

The contents of the above book and several others have been collected into one larger volume, 'Cardzones' which contains the full handling of Duffie's envelope prediction along with dozens of other great routines.

Here is the link:

http://www.abracadabra.co.uk/

Hope this clarifies matters,

Mark Elsdon
Citizen of the Magic Overground
Check out The View From Here:
http://elsdon.blogspot.com/
Gary Alford
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gary Alford
I've just looked it up in Card Zones - thanks for the clue! If it is unaltered, the envelope is not gaffed, just a clever visual retention thing. $25 still sounds good for a DVD with 5 routines though. I have it on order.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Quote:
$25 still sounds good for a DVD with 5 routines though. I have it on order.

My thoughts exactly, especially since I had been expecting the price to be in the traditional Kohler "sticker-shock" range. I was surprised to find out it was even in the double rather than triple digits, let alone as cheap as $25.

BTW, can anyone who's seen it tell us if the device has a limited number of uses, and if so, will refills be available?

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Gary Alford
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gary Alford
I think from what I have read in Card Zones, it is a completely normal envelope.
Randy
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
261 Posts

Profile of Randy
This was also published in one of Frank Garcia's books.
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
Axman
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of Axman
I can't see Bob kohler taking something which is already in print and just marketing it. I would imagine that he has made some fairly drastic changes and improvements to warrant selling this.
Randy
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
261 Posts

Profile of Randy
From what I understand, the workings are the same as what was previously published. I am not saying that this is not worth purchasing. It will be the applications and routines you will be paying for and I am sure they will be more than worth the price.
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I have only managed to find a copy of this on DVD. Does anyone know if you can get it on video?
I think it sounds great.
I saw bob at the International magic Convention. I went to see his lecture and if you havent seen it i would really advise you go to see it(if you can).
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I recently picked this up at my local magic shop and it is a typical Bob Koler routine. It WILL BLOW YOU AWAY! It will require some set up and the moves I must say are bold but hey...what ever works and works it does. The envelopes are ungimmicked for sure and the DVD and 5 routines are deffinately worth the price. I called my dealer and told him to stop selling anymore of these....this is too good to be in the hands of hobbiests. Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
the Black eEnvelope has been out for a while now.
Highley recomended and it rocks .........
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Here's an online demo of the "Black Envelope".

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=321

Maybe it's the performer doing the demo, but the effect doesn't do much for me...
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
Is the trick hard to do?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Kohler's Black Envelope...anyone seen this yet? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL