The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Blackout - any opinions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4806 Posts

Profile of videoman
Just wondering what people are thinking about Platt's Blackout, anybody using it?

I'm unsure of how black art would translate from stage to close-up and I'd rather not get another rather expensive gizmo to line my drawer with. I'd love to hear your impressions. Is it practical?

Thanks,
Bill
acuster
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of acuster
I don't own the gimmick (yet), but there's a whole thread here, just in case you haven't seen it.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=109&85

Given what I've seen and read, it will probably work for closeup, but hopefully an actual user can address this Smile.

Andy
MINDPSYCHIC
View Profile
New user
THE NETHER-REGIONS OF THE HUMAN MIND
55 Posts

Profile of MINDPSYCHIC
I think it works great close-up. I've been putting it to the test under various lighting conditions and I havent been burnt yet. It's a quality item- and I am very happy with my purchase. Now if they only made them in soft morgans. . .
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8725 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Videoman, two words - It's excellent!

BlackOut! is very well thought out and made. Easy to do and works well close-up. I use this thing nearly everyday. It's total deception and one of the very best magic items to come out in a real long time. In general, you can't go wrong with anything from Platt, a quality magician and magic creator. So just get it, you'll be very happy you did. Smile

Oh and Mindpsychic, I think you can get it in a soft morgan as well, just reach out to Platt about it and I'm sure something might be arranged as to a special order like that.
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4806 Posts

Profile of videoman
Thanks for the input guys. That's what I was hoping to hear. And thanks Andy, for the link to the other thread, seems to be nothing but raves for this thing. I'm more of an impromptu guy so I usually prefer using borrowed coins and switching out when necessary, so I would probably go for the quarter. Is there any advantage in the working of this trick to use a larger coin vs. smaller?

Thanks,
Bill
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4841 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I can't think of that much! It just the size of your hands! And the smaller coin is going to be less visable! So depends oh how many people you are going to doing it for!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
MacIrish
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MacIrish
Craig Petty thought so well of it, he said that after purchasing and working with the half-dollar size, decided to order the dollar version.

Take a look at the demo videos - I think that you agree that it is top notch!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Blackout - any opinions? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL