The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Drink" Anytime, anywhere, thought of drink revelation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Here is a presentation tip. after they have written down the drink ask them to visualize the container their drink is in. Is it a can, bottle... Now focus on the label.....You know the rest.

I have to say I am torn on this one. I was hoping for a different "path" and was iniatialy disappointed. On the flip side, I am able to use his list combined with some subtleties from Alain Nu's work on the zodiac to come up with a interesting presentation that isn't all letters and can be repeated. That makes me not disappointed. And it was only $8.
So for me, this was well worth the eight bucks. Not for the method, but for the light bulb moment it stimulated!
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi Tpax,

that's a great tip Tpax! Give the facebook effect a try too and I'm sure you'll agree the response will be worth the low $8 price tag. Thanks again for you honest comments and I hope you use it a lot! : )

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2009-07-25 14:58, CardWiz wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-07-25 13:40, Ron Vergilio wrote:
Okay guys, I recently bought Nathan Kranzo's "Drink". It's an inexpensive PDF download file and I believe is perfect to strollers in restraunts or parties.

You call off around ten different drinks and ask a spectator to mearly think of one of them (no force). You then read their mind and tell them the thought of drink. Nothing is written down so can be done at a moments notice. Every time you do it, the drink can be different due to complete free choice. This is also great for over the telephone.

I actually like giving them my card and have them write down the drink so that they can concentrate on it better or so they can show the person around them the name of the drink. I then continue to read their mind. They never hand you back the card at any time so you can't see what they wrote (no peeks). Now they can keep your card to take home. A PERFECT GIVE AWAY OF YOUR CARD.

-Ron

Good idea!
This trick is nice because you can reveal it directly after they have thought of the drink. If the performer has good physiological skills then the drink can actually be named without the spectator opening his mouth at all!

CW

Hi CW!

That is a very important point that you mentioned. I do discuss this very briefly in the manuscript. That fact that by just watching the spectator's body language, hesitation etc. you can do this without them saying a thing! I'll admit this takes a kind of "in the zone" head space but when you live with an effect long enough you can pull this off. Its not something you'll learn in an hour. : )

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2009-07-25 13:40, Ron Vergilio wrote:
Okay guys, I recently bought Nathan Kranzo's "Drink". It's an inexpensive PDF download file and I believe is perfect to strollers in restraunts or parties.

You call off around ten different drinks and ask a spectator to mearly think of one of them (no force). You then read their mind and tell them the thought of drink. Nothing is written down so can be done at a moments notice. Every time you do it, the drink can be different due to complete free choice. This is also great for over the telephone.

I actually like giving them my card and have them write down the drink so that they can concentrate on it better or so they can show the person around them the name of the drink. I then continue to read their mind. They never hand you back the card at any time so you can't see what they wrote (no peeks). Now they can keep your card to take home. A PERFECT GIVE AWAY OF YOUR CARD.

-Ron

Ron,

I missed your post earlier. Great point about the business card!!! Can I add that with your permission? : )

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
It would be very cool to have a professional-looking menu printed up for formal shows with the list of drinks within.... maybe other ways could be worked out to divine a thought-of appetizer, entree, and dessert too.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
At one point I had created something similar to what you mention. They could choose a main course, side dish, and drink. I didn't like using the same method for all three so dismissed it but I like the idea of combining drink with a menu or other list of food.

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Sent you a PM Nathan...

I printed the list in two sizes and had them laminated. A small one, 2-1/2"x2-1/2", for walk around or close-up. The large one is 3"x6" with larger fonts for parlor size groups. Using the card speeds up the thinking process as they can see the drink names and don't have to sit there and try to remember them all to make their choice.

I performed this tonight with a group of 20 people in a chat room over the internet. Great reaction. I chose the first person that volunteered to be the subject. I typed the list of drinks for their choice in the scroll window. I locked on the mic to talk and just had them type Y or N in the scroll for the answer to each question.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3074 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Downloaded this tonight and must say that this is a good, impromptu effect that can be done anytime, anywhere without needing or carrying anything. If you sit with this for a few hours 1 night, it will open up many ideas. Nathan also does a thorough job on presentations and other subleties that make this a baffling stunner. Do not dismiss this even if you know or think you know the methods. There really is no fishing around and at times you will hit accurately on the thought of drink immediately with very litttle spoken.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
941 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
I got this yesterday July 29th and was a bit dissapointed because I live in Germany and couldn't use it in my German language gigs. But then my daughter (she speaks English and German) suggested I tell them they are on vacation in Hawaii and they have to order in English. I printed up a list of drinks on a label and stuck it to the back of my business card which I give out as a "Drinks Menu" I have the stack of cards now in my hand with the gimmick on top. Now I am set up in any language...
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
http://vimeo.com/channels/mymagic
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento / San Francisco
190 Posts

Profile of mrdane
Just wanted to add to the praise of this effect..

Its amazing and great to have another impromptu mentalism effect in my arsenal. I ordered the gimmicks but honestly don't need them because I put in the memory work, which I encourage others to do as well. Great effect, clever thinking, and very fun to perform and amaze with!

-Dane!
"The Great Danedini"
www.DaneDini.com
@DaneDini
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I have this effect also, although I have yet to perform it, due mostly to the fact that I don't feel I have found the way to ensure it does not look like I am just guessing letters until I get enough to figure it out. How are some of you handling that? I agree this is a very creative idea, and I want to add it to my arsenal. PM if you have any hints...

Thanks,

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Don't guess... act CERTAIN. That's the beautiful thing about Drink... you can say every letter with confidence and it's only possible to get one letter wrong. And when you do, you've got the drink.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Exactly... Your presentation is that you are "seeing" those letters, not guessing. Presentation, presentation, presentation.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3074 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Exactly! Not simply a guess but a "fact" I see the leter R etc
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Good topic! As I mentioned in the manuscript I could talk for hours about this. In reality it isn't anything I can teach in a few paragraphs. Its something that comes with performing a lot and establishing a report etc.

It takes an understanding of how a modern presentation of thought reading would look like if it were real.

Presentation is the key word. If you are just guessing it will look like that. BUT if you are picking up their thoughts little by little....make it look like it!

I actually give a sample script of ONE way to present it. I think use statements like "ok now I see a V....no no no...i'm sorry it upside down...its actually an A isn't it?? Please focus..."

Hope that helps!

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
777 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
I must say this is a sweet addition if you are looking to add an anytime/anywhere effect to your arsenal.

I literally was able to perform this over the phone not even 5 minutes after reading the PDF. The reaction I received was outstanding and couldn't have asked for more.

Great Job!
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Thanks, guys. I think I see how to proceed now.

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Thanks guys!

Nick thanks for the great ideas!!!

This is becoming very popular with guys doing over the phone readings and even have a client who uses it for over the phone and radio interviews.

Call up a friend tonight and read their mind!

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
A few nights ago I called my brother in Calgary and performed it on the phone. I acted as though I was just randomly calling off drinks. I told him to think of just one of them, picture the drink in his mind, and see the word of the drink slowly visualize. I started calling off letters with confidence, and in such a way as to get a verbal response back from him. A few letters in and I was wrong. I said are you sure, and he said he was. I then told him to forget all about the letters, and that I was obviously having problems with seeing the letters over the phone. I told him to pretend to hold a glass of the drink in his hands. I asked him to look at it and then slowly take a sip of it. I then asked if he was done doing that. He replied with a yes. I then said if it wasn't for the aspartame I would of thought it was regular coke but you're thinking of Diet Coke. Quick laughter on my brothers side followed by, "holy bleep!" That's impossible bro! No way you just read my mind like that. No way,( a few seconds pause) No way! (more laughter)...

He was pretty amazed by it. He called me today and still talks about it. He wants me to perform it on one of his friends over the phone tonight. I'm working on using the same principal but a different list. Not as easy as I first thought. Smile

By the way I can see this working for those looking to get some free radio air time. Call up your local radio dj and ask to read his mind over the air. If he says no, try another one. I'm sure you could find one who will do it. Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3074 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Gospel Dan, very nice!Great that he is still thinking about this over the phone miracle.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Drink" Anytime, anywhere, thought of drink revelation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.78 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL