The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Drink" Anytime, anywhere, thought of drink revelation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Gospel Dan, thanks for sharing that with us!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Gospel Dan!

That is a cool story! Next time record it... : )

Great use of the disconnect by using the time delay and the "sip".

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Thanks Nathan. I haven't done the effect on my brother's friend yet, and I like your idea of recording it. So, I will try to do just that. Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Adam Wood
View Profile
Loyal user
Ontario, Canada
225 Posts

Profile of Adam Wood
Excellent routine Gospel Dan. After the "sip" you could say "really taste the drink, feel it rolling over your tongue, do you taste? Can you feel it? which would further the time delay. I don't own this, but after reading these comments, I want one!
“The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful.” -Doug Henning

"Don't make magic impossible, make impossible magic!" - Adam

PEACE, LOVE & MAGIC!!!
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Well, I can't take credit for the routine. It's a suggested routine provided by Nathan in the ebook. But, I will take credit for how I presented it.(lol) Smile
Adam, I like your suggestion to further the time delay. "Really taste the drink, feel it rolling over your tongue. Can you taste it?" Thanks for the advice. Because you were kind enough to give me some good valuable advice, please allow me to do the same for you. If you still haven't purchased Nathan's "Drink", my best advice is to purchase it. It's one of Nathan's best selling ebooks so don't be left behind. Smile
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3074 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Agreed. This is something so adaptable and all can find a use for this as described or not.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Imagine starting the presentation having them taste the drink and you "taste" it yourself! That is the presentation I would like to see! I know it can be done. Think about it, you could have them mimic holding the drink - that tells if a bottle,cup, or glass (and what type of glass like a wine glass) ...have them take a drink and see if they sip or gulp...you could narrow it down real quickly without making a statement/asking a question. I have used these ideas a few times and they worked for me. I don't get a chance to perform enough to work out the branches. I think Nathan could and is creative enough to do it... And sell it as another $8 download!!

BTW Alain Nu addresses using alternate ways of narrowing down the list in his booklet Astrologic. IMHO it is a brilliant study on anagrams and is a must read if you want this to be more then a trick.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
This is actually covered in the manuscript. But, you are right, it might be good to have a manuscript on the JUST art of people reading and non verbal communication.

As I mentioned in the manuscript I could talk for hours about this...and have with Alain.

: )
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1444 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
This looks like a very nice item to carry in my everyday wallet.

How many drinks do they have to choose from?
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Once you understand the system and how it works, I'm sure you can add more drinks to the list. The drinks that Nathan lists are drinks you'd commonly find on practically any food menu. I've been trying to comprise a list of my own, but it's not as easy as I originally thought(at least for me anyways:) ).
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Tpax is right!

"BTW Alain Nu addresses using alternate ways of narrowing down the list in his booklet Astrologic. IMHO it is a brilliant study on anagrams and is a must read if you want this to be more then a trick."

I would also highly recommend reading Alain's thoughts on anagrams and anything else Alain puts out.

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
AnDraíodóir
View Profile
New user
Ireland
89 Posts

Profile of AnDraíodóir
I'd like to just chime in and say that I also think this is great! Beautifully straight forward which leaves huge opportunities for presentation. Congratulations on a great effect Nathan. I'd like to add that facebook Mental Hook is a nice idea as well! Funnily enough I came up with a very similar plot revolving around such a notion about facebook, and this has given me great food for thought. I might pm you Nathan and pass on one of such ideas, if you are interested.

Once agaiin, great stuff and I'm thoroughly satisfied with the purchase.
Phil
Philip Ryan

"The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know" -Socrates
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
So, recently, I've been experiencing some trouble... it may be based solely on scripting, I don't know, but I'd love some advice on how to overcome it.

So I begin as usual, have them think of a drink, then I come to revealing the letters... I do so confidently and certainly. But, frequently it seems, when I say the first letter the spectator is silent, and gives no audible response. So, I stand there staring at them, hoping they will respond with a yes or no. 99% of the time, they suddenly say "Oh, am I supposed to tell you?"... from then on, the effect it pretty much ruined and has been reduced to nothing more than a guessing game. Any tips for this? How can I change my scripting to state that I want the spectator to respond without actually outright saying "I want you to tell me if I'm right or wrong"? Thank you!
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
AnDraíodóir
View Profile
New user
Ireland
89 Posts

Profile of AnDraíodóir
Quote:
On 2009-08-10 20:49, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
So, recently, I've been experiencing some trouble... it may be based solely on scripting, I don't know, but I'd love some advice on how to overcome it...

...How can I change my scripting to state that I want the spectator to respond without actually outright saying "I want you to tell me if I'm right or wrong"? Thank you!

Well, you have to put it into context of what you're actually trying to do. I haven't performed this yet as I've only purchased it today, but I think in this scenario, what I normally do for diving a word through initially divining letters would work well. Before I begin, you might want to take a look at this page http://www.content4reprint.com/recreatio......peed.htm or this watch this video that appeared in a lot of blogs yesterday http://lifehacker.com/5334199/repeat-a+e+i+o+u-to-read-faster.

Anyway, (I'm sure you can see where this is going, but I'll briefly explain what I do) I inform the spectator that there are (basically) three types of reader, motor, auditory and sight readers. Taking that premise of how people read words, I get the spectator to first envision the word in front of them, making each letter vivid. Now I ask them to read the word repeatedly. I tell them that I think they are either a motor reader or auditory reader and that I think I kept picking up on the letter _, or _ sound, from the way they repeatedly read the word in their mind. If I'm incorrect, I say they must be a sight reader then, and it would be better if they began to visualize the drink instead and finish.

If not, I continue to get them to repeatedly read the word, and hence the divining process makes sense, as I'm divining the letters or sounds of what they are reading in their head. If I get a miss, I just either say they must be a sight reader and get them to visualise the drink instead, or I tell them that they've actually begun to visualise the drink instead of the word (which of course they will be doing anyway), and hence why I found it harder to divine the word and hence why I was getting mixed signals (this can coincide with what Nathan brings up about clear drinks and how they look the same.)

That's my best advice. I may not be as experienced as others here, but hope you can take something from it.

Phil

P.S. I hope I don't have to point out the connection between the organs used for speech (or in the above context, reading) and drinking.
Philip Ryan

"The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know" -Socrates
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
I am so sorry if I didn't make that clear in the manuscript.

I just thought it would be obvious. This is my mistake. I should have said in a more obvious way. This will help you very much with your presentation.

Think of it as sort of a traning wheel that you can eventually take off. Its a simple phrase that will solve all of your problems.

"Please say NO if I get a letter wrong please."

: )

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
What I do is hand them a small beverage list that looks like a rip-out from a cheap menu and have them pick one and concentrate on it, while turning my back. This works very well.

If anyone wants the print out you can PM me, but prove that you know the method in some way (as well as provide an email address). All it is is a list of drinks that are symmetrical and has visuals.

CW
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
Just FYI, I have a free ebook out at the moment called A Beginners Guide To Progressive Anagrams.

It might help some of you with presenting this effect.

If anyone wants a copy just PM me.

Peace & Love

M
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Matthew's manuscript is great!

How are ya Matthew?

Thanks,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Also, don't be afraid to say things like, "I'm starting to see the letter E, yep, It's an e, there's an e isn't there." Don't ask it so much as a question but rather as a statement.Be confident. If doing it in person, look into their eyes. Their eyes will say a lot without ever saying yes or no. When they say yes, you can just add, "Of course there is, it's coming in clearer now. Keep focusing on the word. Yap, I can see a C as well, right." I find if anyone becomes curious to me rabbling off letters,which happened with my wife, Bonnie, I remind her that I have amazingly been able to 100% correctly spell their thought of drink so far. I also made the same mistake of not taken into account the important psychological part of the effect. She didn't respond right away, and I was waiting for an answer. She then looked at me and said, "Oh, am I supposed to say if you're right or not?" I responded by telling her I was only concerned about being wrong, and made sure I was clear from that point, without being blunt, that I was looking for an answer.

I've been performing it with friends and family right now. I've memorized the list awhile ago, but haven't repeated it to the same person twice. Except for Bonnie.
The more I play with it, the more I get the feel of the psychological importance of this effect. I hope to post a recording soon of performing it. I'm getting pretty good reactions with it.
ZoiyaKumar
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of ZoiyaKumar
I too have bought this I think it is very practical and easy to do. It has gone into my strolling set.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Drink" Anytime, anywhere, thought of drink revelation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL