The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Drink" Anytime, anywhere, thought of drink revelation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
Cheers Nathan!

Sorry to plug my ebook here! Just thought ure customers might need some help presenting it properly. Like the Gilbreath principle I think PAs are things of terrifying beauty!

Im doing great chief hows ureself??

Peace & Love

M
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 10:59, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
I am so sorry if I didn't make that clear in the manuscript.

I just thought it would be obvious. This is my mistake. I should have said in a more obvious way. This will help you very much with your presentation.

Think of it as sort of a traning wheel that you can eventually take off. Its a simple phrase that will solve all of your problems.

"Please say NO if I get a letter wrong please."

: )

All the best,

Kranzo

Brilliant. Thank you.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
No problem...or what I like to say...

"You don't have to tell me if I'm right....just tell me if I'm wrong..."

: )

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2008 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
This is a great opener for the mentalism portion of your set.
And dollar for dollar, it might be the best bang for your buck today!
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Can I quote you on that?

; )

I've been getting some great feedback from guys....so much so that I think I might have to put all these great ideas out in some sort of supplement.

There is some great ideas on performing it with little to no verbal responses as well as some great presentational bits that mask the only NO you might receive.

Some great ideas guys keep them coming!

Thanks JSBLOOM...

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
MatthewH
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MatthewH
Been loving this one Nathan. And for just $8! Anyway, here's a subtlety that I've found help me since stumbling a couple of times with people who have failed to think of the "juice" part where needed (maybe it's just an Aussie thing of wanting to shorten everything!). I tell them exactly how to visualise the word/words and use "blackcurrant juice" as an example, telling them to think "blackcurrant juice, blackcurrant juice, blackcurrant juice." Not only does it lead them to include both words but it also leaves them with the idea that you mentioned yet another drink (of course it's not in the list that they originally choose from though). Hope that makes some kind of sense.
Cheeeeeers!
matt
johndraws
View Profile
Loyal user
Danville, Illinois
202 Posts

Profile of johndraws
Nathan...I seen this on Criss Angel too....He was at a beach bar and did it twice to two different spectators at the bar. He did not ask them to chose between 10 different drinks he told them they could chose any drink they wanted. The first girl chose some off the wall rare mexican beer. The second girl ordered a margarita. I do know the spectators wrote it down...and kept the paper to show the audience after he "tasted" and revealed the thought of beer. With editing it is hard to tell if he ever had a glimps of the paper, used an electrical writing device that delivered the written words. I will check out the episode....if your cable company has "on demand" Look up Television entertainment...the A&E and then Criss Angel. It is one of the "Dangerous" episodes that features his most dangerous demonstrations.

Oh...and you are going to be in my neck of the woods in about two weeks. Champaign, Illinois. I will be attending your lecture.
johndraws
View Profile
Loyal user
Danville, Illinois
202 Posts

Profile of johndraws
It was on the episode where Criss was in Cancun. He was dropped from a barrel into the ocean. Simulating being in a barrel and going over Niagra falls. It was on the Most Dangerous Series. Number 10 if you look it up "On Demand" for Comcast.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Matt that is a GREAT subtlety and I think anyone performing this would do well to use that idea regarding "juice".

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
I've had this not work for me either because "juice" isn't thought to be a part. This trick is a steal for the price but I need to learn to make it more effective- not "rattling off letters" as others have put it. My hardest audience (my family) knew how it worked right away, but like I said with time there might be something special here.
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

Profile of Russell Scoggin
I had it not work for me the first time, then I realized it was the "juice" part of it. After that first time, I simply tell people that if they think of one of the juices, then the word juice is also included and to be sure to include the letters to make up that word also. Saying that doesn't give away anything at all and it sure helps me out. I've done it quite a bit since I first purchased the effect. I work restaurants and clubs at least 4 to 5 days a week, so I've had a lot of opportunity to work on this one already. It's going over great. And I've never been called out for telling them to be sure and include the letters for the word "juice". And believe me, especially the people in the bars, if they thought it had anything at all in the way the trick worked, they WOULD call me out on it. So just something to think about. It'll fly right by em but they will definitely include those letters after telling them that.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Thanks for the kind words Russell! : )

Those words mean a lot coming from someone who has really rehearsed the effect and performed it for a real audience. Just like most things if you don't put the time in and rehearse it....it will be painfully obvious.

I must point out that if you do as it as mentioned in the booklet they will never leave juice off.

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Ran into a guy at magic camp who had a great idea to combine the actual drinks with the effect and it was actually a cool method.

The obvious idea would be to make the drink they are thinking of appear. That would be good but.....

Anyone play with this?

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
777 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Yes.
PM'ed you.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
For $8 this is a decent idea and I am sure it has some milage.

If I had a criticism I'd say that it has all the hall marks of something that is just beyond the idea stage. For $8 you cannot expect the world but it appears to me from this forum that there are a lot of folks adding refinements and giving suggestions for the handling of the down points that should already have been in the original manuscript if it had been fully thought through. I'm extrememly nervous for instance around the "guessing game" challenge and I would have expected the manuscript to go into that in a lot more depth - would have been happy to pay more for the privilege as well.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
777 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
I was playing with the 'actual drink' idea and did a performance at a local pizza shop. TOTALLY IMPROMPTU and on the fly.

The spectator picked ICED TEA. And, as soon I knew this, I had her close her eyes and imagine it was in her hands and invited her to act as if she were actually HOLDING it....(kinda like a mental yarn approach).

I then pulled out a bottle of ice tea from the fridge (drink case) and placed it in her hands.
She opened her eyes and saw her THOUGHT of DRINK, right there in her freaking hands!!!!!!

Cranberry Juice, Orange Juice, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Water, and Milk would have worked too as they were all available in the drink case.

If the spec would have chosen pineapple juice or pomegranate juice, I would have just ended with the normal ending.

The great thing here is that the availability is high for the beverages listed in "DRINK."
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
AnDraíodóir
View Profile
New user
Ireland
89 Posts

Profile of AnDraíodóir
Following on from what Nick V. said, it would be a great one to perform standing behind the counter of a bar, or as a bar man. The mindreading bartend, that knows what drink you want without you even saying a word..

Haha, I'm even tempted to use it when buying a girl a drink...
Philip Ryan

"The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know" -Socrates
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Nick V that is an awesome story.

I love all of the idea people have been coming up with.

Its so much fun when something just happens like that in the real world and you take advantage of the situation.

Please don't make the mistake of thinking this is a guessing game of some sort. That would diminish the effect to just that....a game. You are receiving their thoughts little by little. However you'd like to present it is fine....just keep in mind that if your attitude is that of guessing it will not be very convincing.

Its all presentation. I was leaving some of that up to you... : )

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hey guys!

Just wanted to share a quick tip with you.

I was performing this at my lecture on Sunday and thought of a great subtlety.

If you tell them to imagine the drink in their hand...and tell them you feel that this drink is very cold....which will be more than likely at the beginning. Later you can point out if it has ice as well etc.

That won't make a whole lot of sense unless you've read it.

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
johndraws
View Profile
Loyal user
Danville, Illinois
202 Posts

Profile of johndraws
Quote:
On 2009-07-29 20:25, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-07-25 13:40, Ron Vergilio wrote:
Okay guys, I recently bought Nathan Kranzo's "Drink". It's an inexpensive PDF download file and I believe is perfect to strollers in restraunts or parties.

You call off around ten different drinks and ask a spectator to mearly think of one of them (no force). You then read their mind and tell them the thought of drink. Nothing is written down so can be done at a moments notice. Every time you do it, the drink can be different due to complete free choice. This is also great for over the telephone.

I actually like giving them my card and have them write down the drink so that they can concentrate on it better or so they can show the person around them the name of the drink. I then continue to read their mind. They never hand you back the card at any time so you can't see what they wrote (no peeks). Now they can keep your card to take home. A PERFECT GIVE AWAY OF YOUR CARD.

-Ron

Ron,

I missed your post earlier. Great point about the business card!!! Can I add that with your permission? : )

All the best,

Kranzo

I now have one of Kranzo's business cards because of this suggestion. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Drink" Anytime, anywhere, thought of drink revelation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL