The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How do you peek? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Lesault
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Lesault
Quote:
On 2002-05-25 05:20, Mikael Eriksson wrote:
Interesting twist!

I have Acereader, but have stopped using it since I noticed no improvements in my reading speed. But it might still be useful for this purpose, since reading a long text with Acereader is very different from reading one word, or a few words. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else here have increased their speed of reading with Acereader, or ANY mehod at all. In any case, the classical tips, using a pencil or your fingertip and so on, as taught by almost everyone did not work at all for me. Double your reading speed in an hour feels like an insult.

Opinions?

Mikael

Try glancing at car number plates as you drive (probably safer as a passenger!) - I used to do that as a kid, now I can see a numberplate for a fraction of a second and not really take in the information until I think about it. I don't perform with billets so I don't know if this works with important information or just meaningless groups of numbers and letters....

....I must get a life....

Lesault.
Smile
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
Actually I understand you Smile I started to look at car number plates as a way of practicing my imagination in memory techniques. for example: If I see plate that says dbn 126 I try and make a word out of dbn, in this case it would become dogbone. I fill out the spaces. Nowadays I get the word immediately, I don´t even have to think about it mostly, it´s just there automatically.

I must get a life too.... Smile

Quote:
On 2002-05-28 11:44, Lesault wrote:
Try glancing at car number plates as you drive (probably safer as a passenger!) - I used to do that as a kid, now I can see a numberplate for a fraction of a second and not really take in the information until I think about it. I don't perform with billets so I don't know if this works with important information or just meaningless groups of numbers and letters....

....I must get a life....

Lesault.
Smile
Lesault
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Lesault
I haven't had a chance to read through this website, but it is about 'photoreading'. I suspect it might be all nonsense, but if you want to take a look...

http://www.botree.com/index.htm

Lesault
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How do you peek? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL