The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Minor variation on Triumph (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Something I have been working on just for fun... Too bad the camera doesn't blink but this still isn't your everyday triumph... And no, it is not published to my knowledge... I came up with it myself and there is nothing "cheeky" about it Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhw-NAhN9OI

Sorry about the pattern... it is in finnish but it is common triumph pattern

Juha-Matti
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Very good! I like this.

Good Work
Magic is a vanishing art.
martin1025
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of martin1025
Looks very deceptive. Very nice routine!
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Juha,

I think, personally, this suffers from the so called too-perfect theory. I figured it out almost instantly because you're handling eliminated all the options I know of, except for one (the solution).

That being said, I certainly don't know everything and if it isn't what I think it is then I'm fooled.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
The problem with the video is that it doesn't blink and you can watch it 3 times in a row... The camera doesn't blink and you can't misdirect it anyway so moves are right in the open.

That said, I am rather sure that 90% of the magicians who watch it just ONCE are completely fooled by it in the first viewing Smile Many are waiting for something "cheeky" and the ending messes that theory up. That was the main idea of the routine anyway, just to tease magicians who think they are "in the know". On more viewings, anyone knowing more about card magic, should have some sort of idea what happened Smile But at least once, most magicians will hopefully get that feeling and sense of wonder...

Laymen on the other hand don't have an idea and I don't believe that there is ntohing too-perfect in the routine in that sense. However, for laymen, you might as well do any normal triumph. I doubt they will see much difference betweem them. I have used this for laymen in the couple past months, but I still usually prefer more commonly known versions for them Smile

Thanks for the comments.

Juha-Matti
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey,

Juha-matti great stuff Smile I watched it once and havent aclue! Card magic is not my passion though over the years I have performed fair bit of it in certain situations Smile

Very good work and thanks for sharing Smile

Pete
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Minor variation on Triumph (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL