The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Tip Over Trunk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

M.Frymus
View Profile
Loyal user
Oakville, Ontario, Canada!
293 Posts

Profile of M.Frymus
I am having a shows comming up soon, and I want to change a few things with my props.

Basically, I perform the Duck Vanish, and an appearance in the end.
In the beginning, I take the duck out from a small box (made from wood, with cardboard around it) and I then perform my vanish, go back to the box, and pull out the duck that just vanished.

Normally, I did this only temporarly while I didn't have the Duck Bucket. But, I might not get it.
Instead, what I want todo is make that box into a tip over box.

*The box is made from wood for structure, and has been covered with cardboard to look like an ungimmicked cardboard box. I will need to rebuild the entire thing to make it a tip-over, not a problem. Its approx 2.5'x1.5'x1.5'

My question is; I want to make it look like a normal cardboard box. But, when it is a tip over, I need some side cover. Mostly, I have seen the boxes/trunks on a cart with something blocking on the side. What could I use to block the sides and keep the duck inside, without the audience seeing the side panels to look like a box.

BUT, if I do require to have the side panels to be see, as there is no way. what can I use to make it seem more 'natural'. Like having a small cart with handles on the side would seem weird as its a small light box.
MICHAEL FRYMUS
Director of Photography

Filmming worldwide

Email: dop-michaelfrymus@live.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Professor Hoffmann, "Modern Magic" (1876), "The Inexhaustible Japanese Box." It describes a box within a box arrangement that should work nicely.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Another way is to use BA. But it will have to be performed on stage each time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Tip Over Trunk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL