The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » PERU 1 SOL DE ORO LLAMA COIN (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Does anyone know where I can get some of these? I have tried on Ebay but can only buy them 1 at a time which is kind of impractical and too expensive.

http://tcmagic.com/llama.jpg

Thanks

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Special user
511 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
I think Lassen has thousands of these, he originally started using them in his CSB sets and was getting them from a guy that actually travelled to Peru. He told me he fashioned the first set for Doc Eason and Doc has patter that fit these coins in his routine. But Schoolcraft and Van Dokkem soon started producing copy sets that used exactly the same coins(go figure), so I imagine you could ask any of the gaffers for these. I saw Bob Sheets lecture and he had this same set...made by Schoolcraft. It should be a crime, but for some reason...it's not around here.
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Thanks for the tip.
I was looking for possibly another source as they need to use theirs for their sets and probably don't like to sell them separately.

If anyone has any other ideas let me know.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
787 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
No idea man. Will let you know if I find some. PT
Close up coin magic.

https://perch-star-nbdt.squarespace.com/home

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
Visit my face book page , Copper silver coins by PT
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
How many you want? At the moment there's a bag of 100 uncirculated on ebay w- a buy-it-now price of $149...

-A
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Well I don't need that many. I need about 20 of them. Nice find though. Thanks for the Tip.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Cool coin!
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
575 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
Sadly the best way is to get them about 1 at a time on Ebay... that's how I collect my coins for my coin sets...
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
There's actually, from what I gather, a couple lots of 20 of these on ebay right now. Smile
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone who actually lives there or is from there who can get me some.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
Hi TC

I just go down to my local coin shop and ask to see their international coins. Since there is no real market for them they are cheap. I probably paid 50 cents each for them or maybe 25 cents each. You can usually sift through a big box or bag of these coins and find interesting ones. I got 5 or 6 of them on one visit.

John
The real magic is family!
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Thanks for the tip. I haven't gotten that lucky here in Florida as I check every time I go. Maybe someday I will get lucky. I have found lots of English Pennies and Mexican Centavos. Also take my PK ring with me and put my hand in and get allot of Magnet attracting coins.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Still haven't found any at a reasonable price. Anyone have any they want to sell?

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2009-07-17 19:09, TC Ryder wrote:
Well I don't need that many. I need about 20 of them. Nice find though. Thanks for the Tip.

TC

There's still a lot of 20 for $39.99 on fleabay for sale...

-A
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » PERU 1 SOL DE ORO LLAMA COIN (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.53 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL