The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Diabolical Coins Across DVD by Roger Monaco (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It says the coins may be examined before and after as there are no expanded shells, flipper coins, etc. Then, I have no clue. This looks so magical. Look at the online demo:

Diabolical Coins Across

Magician shows three half dollars and a penny in his right hand. Both left hand and right hand are closed and turned over. The right hand is then opened and there are only two half dollars and a penny. One coin has traveled over to the left hand, which you show.

The two half dollars are picked up and placed in the right hand. The first coin that apparently crossed over is picked up with the left hand and closed into a fist, the right hand shows two coins and a penny. It's closed around the coins. Both closed hands are turned palm down. Both hands are opened only to show that a second coin traveled over to the left hand. The right hand is opened and one half dollar and the penny fall out.

The last coin is placed in the right hand with the penny. The two coins that apparently traveled over are picked up with the left hand. Both hands are closed, palm down. When the hands are opened only a penny falls out of the right hand and there are three half dollars in the left hand.

Please note: When the hands are opened, fingers are spread wide apart, clearly showing that there is nothing else in the hand. Coins may be examined before and after as there are no expanded shells, flipper coins, etc.

These are just a few of the magicians who were completely fooled when Roger showed them this effect: Frank Garcia, John Blake, Derek Dingle, Harry Lorayne, Tony Spina, Doug Edwards, Harry Blackstone, Jr., and Dean Dill, just to name a few.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
For many years, my favorite: (Can't wait for the above to arrive)
Mr. David Roth's: "And They 'Both' Go Across" (Hope I have this name correct?)
(2 coins used. Mr. Roth's patter goes... "1 in the hand, 2, in the hand. Wiggle
the hands, and they both go across."
(BTW, The spec. sees you place 1 coin in the hand and sees the other coin go in the
same hand, and hears them clink. The 2 coins end up in the other hand.)
Anyway, after seeing the demo. clip, of the above, I'm going to be $25.00 poorer.
WOW!
Chris:
Thanks for posting this!

Warmest regards, Smile

Sixten
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I may get slated for pointing this out, but someone will at some point, there is a major flash at 1:10...might want to re-shoot his demo
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Christopher -- I noticed this too, and it was good of you to suggest a reshoot.

Cheers,
Jerry
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
A friend wrote and mentioned the flash. Did anyone notice it the very first time watching? You can't misdirect the camera, so....I think it's a beautiful routine. Just don't don'it more than one time.

Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Chris, good point cause honestly I believe I would have missed it the 1st time watching it. This is John Blake, NY performing this routine.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm sure the coin guys caught it, but they're looking for it. I'm not saying flashing is ok because audiences aren't aware. They are very aware and smart, but.....based on that clip, I doubt an audience would see it.

cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Very kind of him to do a combined demo and explanation,sort of cuts out the middle man.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2009-07-18 16:08, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
A friend wrote and mentioned the flash. Did anyone notice it the very first time watching? You can't misdirect the camera, so....I think it's a beautiful routine. Just don't don'it more than one time.

I saw it first time watching, and honestly wasn't looking out for it. Then saying that, I don't know one Magicians that doesn't look for it when watching a trick...so maybe subconciously I was, but I wasn't purposely trying to see it. I was baffled until then
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
I think it was a great routine, but, that flash was huge. I'm not a coin guy. I think he was trying to be too fair.

If an impossible coins across routine is what they would like to show, they should reshoot the tape.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
The flash kind of gives some of it away, I hope they reshoot. I think I will get it after I perfect the Crimp Change routine. Being able to use Canadian coins in my area would make this effect great because we can use something else to aide in the fair shows of the hand! Excellent routine here!
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
With the wealth of knowledge and the number of effects, DVDs and books he has purchased since my brief tenure on the Café I am absolutely gobsmacked when Christopher Kavanagh says he has no clue on this one.

Yep there may be the odd different nuance on this effect from others that have gone before but it is blindingly obvious ( without the flash) to any magician what the basic concept is here.

Don't get me wrong it is a nice looking effect and is very well done but I remain appalled at how even some very experienced magi appear to need spoon feeding the concept of a slight variation on methodology they should already know.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Why this fooled any knowledgeable magician is beyond me. The concept behind it is one of the first I ever learned. I don't understand either how someone can put out a video tape of this effect and charge $25!

If this is what magic has come to, then I think my switch to more acting jobs is a good idea.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
This is the best clasic palm I have ever seen or is it glue.
nevertheless flash or no flash that was a very good demo
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
I think the flash gave more away than just what he was doing. It also gave away the possible modus operandi to the effect. Vin is right. I have never seen a classic palm that good by anybody.

Please reshoot the tape. I love to be fooled and amazed.

Roger Monaco is obviously a very good coin worker. The video editing was almost right on.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
? well maybe if there's a suitable/practical method for the cleanup etc.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Jon the clean up has nothing to do with his classic palm, .
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Hmm I don;t get "selling" this routine alone. it's pretty standard although I have a feeling something is aiding that classic palm. in any case I don;t see what is new here
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Barrett you are correct nothing new
but would like to know about the palm.... real or aided
Come check out my magic.

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The ad says

"These are just a few of the magicians who were completely fooled when Roger showed them this effect: Frank Garcia, John Blake, Derek Dingle, Harry Lorayne, Tony Spina, Doug Edwards, Harry Blackstone, Jr., and Dean Dill, just to name a few".

I wrote them all about the routine and only Frank Garcia has answered back. He had no clue how it was done.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Diabolical Coins Across DVD by Roger Monaco (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL