The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Memorable quotes in Mentalism... (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2839 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
"Meaning is the best misdirection." From Kenton, always liked that one.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
What goes around, comes back around when you least expect it
MysticJohn
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of MysticJohn
I knew that !
Larry Becker
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
I always attribute this to Bob Cassidy, but it probably goes further back:

"It's a Gift!"
John
magicgerry06
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
132 Posts

Profile of magicgerry06
In French but you guys can get it:
"Il n'y a pas de hasard. il n'y a que des rendez-vous." (Paul ELUARD)
Gerard ZITTA
http://www.untouchedmagic.com
"If Magic be the food of love, play on..."
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3871 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
"Mentalism is magic's dark twin and sinister things lurk in the shadows. We can never fear that darkness because the denizens of those shadows spawned our craft. We must accept we are sired from shadowy legacy, embrace that fact and -- what the he** CELEBRATE IT." (John Riggs)

"With magic, the performer employs misdirection, directing the attention of his spectators away from the operation of the mystery while his hands or mechanical contrivances operate. With the mentalist, it is MIS-Belief. He must cause his audiences to believe something other than that which actually occurs or instill that reasonable question of doubt." (Robert Nelson)

"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit." (EE Cummings)

"The hand is the visible part of the brain." (Immanuel Kant)

"The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls." (Paul Simon)

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." (Albert Einstein)

"You have to believe you are a REAL mentalist. I am not talking here about believing in yourself while you are performing. I am talking about believing in yourself when you are just walking around talking to people in normal life." (Richard Osterlind)

"T'was in another lifetime, one of toil and blood when blackness was a virtue and the road was full of mud. I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form. 'Come in," she said. 'I'll give you...shelter from the storm.'" (Bob Dylan)

I love these things.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8642 Posts

Profile of funsway
From Jay Sankey

"mystery requires clarity, even a certainty as to the events surrounding the mystery."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Memorable quotes in Mentalism... (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL