We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ceramic lota bowl or jar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
WitchDoctor
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of WitchDoctor
I third the Martin Duffy recommendation tooo.
its really good.

I wanna ask does anyone got any good "Dove Pan" for bizarrists?
actually I want a pro that can contain liquid and can change something like "Dove pan"
or I should opena a new topic~

Best,
W.D.
WhY SO SErIOUS?
Jon W.
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Jon W.
Ok, I received mine today! Mine isn't as striking as the one in the photo above, but I am happy with my purchase nonetheless. Took awhile for them to be made but once the Martin Breese company got their stock it was shipped immediately and arrived quick. Works like a charm and the supplied routines are wonderful. I will be using mine for the purpose of telling some local Native American history and the first routine gave me great ideas to pull from. I can't wait to put it into action this summer.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2278 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Recently got a flyer from Martin Breeze and he claims to have several ceramic Lotta pots available.

Kotah
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3506 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Tom Crecelius makes some great ones too!
Their site is under construction, so give Tom a call.
He hand makes amazing pottery Lota Vases and Bowls,
he not only has several sizes, from coffee mug to large,
he’s do custom work with design, style, color, size.

His Lota inspired one of my favorite presentations,
and it’s in “Tales of Enchantment” with a photo of mine.
Tom’s a great guy and his prices are very fair too.

TOM & KATIE CRECELIUS
Phone: (812)633-7875 or Toll Free (877)546-1646
NINE DRAGON POTTERY
102 MARGARET STREET
MILLTOWN, INDIANA 47145

Magically, Walt
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Hi all, I have never owned or used a lota pot/jar in performances, but they do seem like a wonderful piece to add to my routines.

Please forgive me if you find this question too intrusive, but I would just like to know if a lota pot/jar can be examined by a spectator? without of course tipping its innner workings etc.

regards,
M.I.
MPMagic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
124 Posts

Profile of MPMagic
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 02:20, Mind illusionist wrote:

Please forgive me if you find this question too intrusive, but I would just like to know if a lota pot/jar can be examined by a spectator? without of course tipping its innner workings etc.

Not really, as it has some evident holes... But why should it be examined???
Diasgemini
View Profile
Regular user
Paris & Portugal
101 Posts

Profile of Diasgemini
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 07:04, MPMagic wrote:
Quote:

Not really, as it has some evident holes... But why should it be examined???

Great answer.

A magician need's to be trusted, that's why it's not good to give an image of a trickster!
;)
www.diasfrancisco.com

Would you give up your hands to fly? That is what the birds have done!
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

I know the saying, don't run when your not being chased. and while I certainly wont ask spectators to examine it or hand it out to them for inspection, I might be doing an intimate small group or parlour show, and I just like to know if something can be examined or not, should that happen.

for stage this wouldnt be an issue of course.

Thank you kindly for answering my question anyhow. regards,

M.I.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
Hi all, I have never owned or used a lota pot...

Thanks for sharing! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Lol Gary, I don't see you adding useful information here!! Smile
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
They look great,get you one! And,don't give stuff out to be examined! (Kinda Rookie Moves) Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2160 Posts

Profile of RCP
I would put a knife in the heart of anyone foolish enough to touch a sacred item. Are you doing a magic show with toy props or conducting a proper ritual.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I'm not familiar with lota bowls or pots. Can you show these to be empty and have them magically fill with water?

The pots look great and they're uk made, great for me, but is there a maker of lota bowls in the uk too?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
2160 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 19:04, Roslyn wrote:
I'm not familiar with lota bowls or pots. Can you show these to be empty and have them magically fill with water?

The pots look great and they're uk made, great for me, but is there a maker of lota bowls in the uk too?

Yes; water, wine....perhaps blood. A coin or coins....sand from the Nile. bones for a casting....dice

A good potter can make anything you might wish......if you know its secrets
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
And is this also the bowl you empty out, and it keeps refilling over and over?

If it isn't, what would that trick be?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
2160 Posts

Profile of RCP
Yes, that is its intended use I suppose but why limit it to just that? Why not start out with a completely dry vessel full of bones? Produce some Egyptian coins and perhaps the sands of the Nile and then end with the Pharaohs blood for grins?

OR, my shamanistic friend some bones and feathers, beads and a drink of mescal for each guest?

Pirate grog perhaps.......
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
2160 Posts

Profile of RCP
Wine from water, fishes and bread for the hungry masses.....yes, its been done but its still talked about
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Hey RCP,did you get yours from Indiana?

~G
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
2160 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 20:15, Godzilla wrote:
Hey RCP,did you get yours from Indiana?

~G

I have a number of them. The Martin Duffy is the best of the off the shelf ones. Indiana is certainly good if you know what you are looking for. Stevens ME has an interesting new one, more of a pitcher design.

If you can find a good local potter and know what you are looking for that's the best option. A cheap plastic one and some paint can work.......

A little magicians w!%, a t%^*$ T!@ and the ability to p)*& a C*%$ can create a miracle.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thank you Sir!

I am close to Louiseville too! Or,maybe the one maker is in Lexington KY.
I have to recheck that!

Gary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ceramic lota bowl or jar (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL