We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ceramic lota bowl or jar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Yeah, Tom is going to make mine. I haven't decided what I want yet. Come October, I'm probably going to ask him for his advice on what kind of L0t@ Pitcher, based on L*n@, and the other O*tl@w items! Smile

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ya know, thinking about it, is a ceramic L0t@ pitcher safe to drink out of? In other words, the inside of the thing is uncoated, so anything other than water...do you see where I'm going? Just wondering.

Doug
lozey
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
381 Posts

Profile of lozey
You cant really scrub out the inside workings of a lota pot (although you could try a rinse out with Milton) so its not particularly safe, saying that I do drink from it in my sideshow routine (but I also eat a lightbulb and razorblades, so I consider the risk negligable)
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2012-08-25 18:09, lozey wrote:
(but I also eat a lightbulb and razorblades, so I consider the risk negligable)

:wow: I hope you've cleared that all out, by the time your boyfriend kisses ya! I can think of other...NO. I'm not going THERE in the Café...nope. My Thai girlfriend liked those tiny hot peppers from her country. She'd kiss me and send me into flames! Ha! Smile

Doug
lozey
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
381 Posts

Profile of lozey
Well I havent had any complaints yet, but then again I don't do the routine regularly

LOL @ the peppers. I LOVE garlic salt, but one of my exs hated it....
Cunningham
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
159 Posts

Profile of Cunningham
I am thinking of having a master potter make me a Lota Pitcher...how would I best describe what I need him to do? There aren't any "instructions" available for potters are there?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Tom knows how to make the basic Lota Pitcher. It's the design, color, etc...that's what we have to decide.

Doug
tom crecelius
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of tom crecelius
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 01:55, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:
Tom Crecelius makes some great ones too!
Their site is under construction, so give Tom a call.
He hand makes amazing pottery Lota Vases and Bowls,
he not only has several sizes, from coffee mug to large,
he’s do custom work with design, style, color, size.

His Lota inspired one of my favorite presentations,
and it’s in “Tales of Enchantment” with a photo of mine.
Tom’s a great guy and his prices are very fair too.

TOM & KATIE CRECELIUS
Phone: (812)633-7875 or Toll Free (877)546-1646
NINE DRAGON POTTERY
102 MARGARET STREET
MILLTOWN, INDIANA 47145

Magically, Walt
Tom
tom crecelius
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of tom crecelius
I have just unloaded the kiln of lota pots. I have two brown, shiny glaze mugs that are colonial style (same glaze as they used in Boston circa 1760), a small lota that is blue and only 3 inches tall..... and a very special one of a kind lota vessel that has three sculpted feathered turtles on the side.... just perfect for one whopper of a story. For those of you who have asked..... e-mail me and I will send photo. medimagic@cs.com
Tom
tom crecelius
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of tom crecelius
@ Dougini...... my lotas, mugs, pitchers, and vases are all glazed inside AND in the chamber as well. Safe to drink out of? I would recommend.... water, tea, perhaps whiskey... but stay away from acid liquids like orange juice, soft drinks, or any dairy product.... as they may sour. I have used mine for years and drink the water from it..... I have made vases, roman double handled vases, mugs, steins, viking horns, pitchers and teacups into lotas. I love to make unique one of a kind pieces to fit a person's needs.
@ Cunningham...... nope, no instructions for potters. I am an artist (watercolors) and potter as well as a magician so I am very familiar with what has to be done to make them. My own pottery professor told me that a potter could NOT make the pot as I make it...... bingo, a challenge...... and now I have my own method that works great.
Tom
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3506 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
From the post above the new game is:
"Let's try to stump Tom!"
(I don't think we can though...)

Seems like he's made everything but an ostrich egg into a Lota Vase…
can we find a bizarre story/project that will send him back to the drawing board?

I've seen (and owned) his magnificent pottery, it is art, not just craft.

Oh, and if anyone does the Benson Bowl routine.... Tom makes a version with a pottery Toad House and little toad sponges, cute and very story worthy.

Magically,
Walt

PS Tom! Get your website up again so you can show off photos of your work!
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
What kind of prices are we talking about, I know custom work commands a higher price.
Cunningham
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
159 Posts

Profile of Cunningham
Hey Tom!! Any chance you could post some pictures here? I for one would love to see them!!!
tom crecelius
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of tom crecelius
Michael.... that depends on what you want. A simple pottery small vase sells for 30 bucks..... but it is simple and no special things. Most of the pitchers I make sell for 125 and some as high as 200... depending on what you want. Need something affordable? Shoot me an e-mail or post and I will see what I can do.....
And the saying continues..... "I just wanna win the lotta".... Smile
Tom
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Tom,
sent ya post brother.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 01:55, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:
...His Lota inspired one of my favorite presentations,
and it’s in “Tales of Enchantment” with a photo of mine.
Tom’s a great guy and his prices are very fair too.

The one pictured on pg 102...that's like the one I want. That'll take saving for a couple of months...

Doug
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Tom,still in search of that sumptin,sumptin...we,talked about!
You said the lota is glazed inside and in the ***mber, does the out side of pot,have to be glazed also in the process ?
I think it would be more correct,not to have outside glazed,maybe just fired,as she was broken at end of ritual!

Not,breaking mine! Smile

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
tom crecelius
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of tom crecelius
The glazing of the pot on the inside prevents the liquid from seeping through the microscopic pores in the clay, even though it has gone through vitrification in the firing. The pot does NOT have to be glazed on the outside......
Tom
tom crecelius
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of tom crecelius
I need to clarify my contact to any who is interested. "Nine Dragon Pottery" website is being re-constructed and is not functional presently. Contact can be made through me by e-mail "medimagic@cs.com" or by PM me here...... lotas custom made from pottery.
Tom
Antoine
View Profile
Regular user
Northern France
104 Posts

Profile of Antoine
Hi all !

I am looking for one of these green glaze mini lota vase made by Tom Crecelius.
Does anyone have one for sale ?

Thanks !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ceramic lota bowl or jar (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL