The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Doug Higley and The Great Nippulini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I've always liked props and think carefully chosen props boost confidence onstage and add much more than just a look to the show.

Last night I worked one of the flashest gay resorts in the world. I usually avoid gay venues for fear of becoming a 'gay' entertainer and alienating mainstream work, but this was too good a job to resist. Two half hour shows, and other than the fire eating which after 30 years I could do in my sleep, the biggest hits in 2 great shows were Higleys Shrunken Heads (See No Evil, Speak No Evil and Hear No Evil), Higleys Animal Traps routine and The Great Nippulini's Palm Nail.

I have to admit up front I gaffed the Palm Nail Routine - being a lazy ****er who tends to learn just enough and then refine in performance (bet I'm not the only one) I bought two nails and pulled a swifty - it was fun watching people try to pull the nail out of the block of hardwood I had - ahem - pounded it into Smile .

Higley's heads always get a great reaction but last night when the first guy I handed See No Evil refused to touch it a contagion set in - and the respect they had for those three dead heads was astonishing.

In reality Nips' nails are just very nicely done nails and Doug's heads simply scarey dolls but in performance both are so much more.

I can't thank the pair of them enough (though The Great One will probably take a contract out on me for cheating on the nails.)
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"The Great One will probably take a contract out on me for cheating on the nails."

Actually no. I don't mind at all what color you use. Smile

But seriously...

Caution to Readers: Half the Performer will get half the reaction. Destiny is at the top of the food chain (no pun intended**) when it comes to skilled entertainers.

(** maybe a little one).

Thanks Tony. You are the best of Oz.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Doug Higley and The Great Nippulini (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL