The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ninja Rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
halejs
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of halejs
Excellent idea on the wedding ring. Another approach is that it's less expensive to buy two wedding bands in steel (less likely to scratch and not that expensive ... about $30-50 each), ideally with slightly rounded outer surface so the links are smoother and less possible damage from edges. For performing, just use these, and unless the audience knows you personally, it works great.
Matthew Garrett
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Matthew Garrett
Hi,

The Ninja+ rings obviously have to be kept to a budget to make them commercial and as you say you can spend a lot on the ring you want to join.
You do need to be careful as certain metals chip or damage easily, not all wedding rings are very suitable.

I can custom make rings attached to Ninja rings if anyone is interested. The process involves welding, grinding down the weld and re-chroming. If this is not done well you can clearly see the join, the wedding ring can become chromed slightly too and the larger ring may appear a slightly different colour to the others in your set. So be careul, I have experimented with this a lot and it did not initially work out every time.

There is now Ninja+ volume 1 & 2 available, dual language options: english & spanish and subtitles.

Regarding the quality of ninja rings the main production issue I encountered is that most manufacturers don't go as thick as 4 1/2mm. Shoot's sets are certainly a very high standard.
Ninja+ rings are 4mm thick and blend alongside silver ninja rings in performance. That is the way I perform it.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On 2009-09-21 08:01, Matthew Garrett wrote:
Ninja+ rings are 4mm thick and blend alongside silver ninja rings in performance. That is the way I perform it.

I would think then, that there would be a market for a complete set of matching rings to do both effects, plus an extra single for a key swap. I couldn't afford it right now, but you might announce a price.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Matthew Garrett
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Matthew Garrett
Murphys sell: Linking Rings Close Up - Trick for $30.00
This set is 4mm thick, 4 1/2 inch diameter. You get 4 rings in the set.

Ninja+ consists of a key ring, a finger ring permanently attached to a 4 1/2inch diameter ring and a finger ring. DVD comes with the trick. This is available at http://www.ninjaplus.com

If anyone has any custom sets they want made up then pm me as I can supply this.

Producing metal rings to get the right price for the customer is a very costly business, and involves large quantities. I'm guessing Shoot must get a big batch made. I also hope he does soon, and certainly agree he's not just a nice guy but is also very talented and helpful.
DrAz
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of DrAz
Hi guys ,

I have Shoot's rings severals years ago but sell them and I don't know why...
Interested for buy them at $90 if anyone have this available Smile
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have two sets of Ninja rings and it's interesting how supply and demand work.
I would not be willing to sell even my spare set for $90.

I use them all the time, they never chip or ding or dent.
One of THE few near-perfect strolling magic tricks, in my opinion.

Can be done silently if it's loud of if beautiful music is playing
Can be seen by many at once
Recognizable
Lots of spectator interaction if you wish
Comedy potential
A classic
You can do the same routine stand-up with larger rings essentially so you're always working on the same routine at all venues. That means lots more reps.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I just checked at http://www.hocus-pocus.com and they seem to have the gold rings and the dvd.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I know it's off topic but I've noticed that my gold Ninja Rings have A slight discoloration over time. The **y and S*n*l* ring are now a little more silvery. Up close It makes it easy to tell them apart from the others so It's just an observation rather than a complaint. I practiced a lot with just the two rings when I was learning so the wear was not even. If you want to avoid that make sure and handle them all.

-Mary Mowder
DrAz
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of DrAz
Thanks twistedace for information, I place order few minutes ago and wait good news now.

Happy new year
kenb123
View Profile
New user
Parker,CO
66 Posts

Profile of kenb123
Keep checking Shoot's website, he sold a bunch at a lecture last week, he says they go pretty quickly, but he does still get them.
kenb123
View Profile
New user
Parker,CO
66 Posts

Profile of kenb123
Keep checking Shoot's website, he sold a bunch at a lecture last week, he says they go pretty quickly, but he does still get them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ninja Rings (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL