The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Brother Shadow's "Witches Casting Stones (of Bilitis) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of slydini
I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but here goes. I was going through some boxes in my basement and I came across my set of casting stones. If memory serves me correctly, there was a book that went with them. Can anyone help me obtaining either the book, or the information contained in the book.
Thank you.
Paul
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Rune stones? Look up "runes."
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4260 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
The Witches' Stones work on a completely different system than runes.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Yes, there was a booklet that came with them. But you can find the essential information in MAGICK. Carl made up the stones and elaborated (with permission) on the work by the same name that Richard Webster published in MAGICK.

Tony
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Duh, next time I will read the title of the thread! Smile

That sometimes saves a bit of embarrassment.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
james1a
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of james1a
The witches runes were initially published in a book by a practising witch. the name of the book eludes me at the moment. I do recall her husband was a magician, she does not mention this in her book. plus she was initiated by the old rascal himself. the book was published I think around the sixties, I could be wrong, I remember the cover and it is on this I am guessing the date of publication.
james1a
Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
Quote:
On 2009-07-21 11:02, james1a wrote:
The witches runes were initially published in a book by a practising witch. the name of the book eludes me at the moment. I do recall her husband was a magician, she does not mention this in her book. plus she was initiated by the old rascal himself. the book was published I think around the sixties, I could be wrong, I remember the cover and it is on this I am guessing the date of publication.
james1a

Perehaps you are thinking about Myriam Ruthchild who was married to the late Lee Jacobs at one time. Brother Shadow's stones are a whole different set. Beautiful, by the way. Regretably Carl has no computer access but he lives in East Windsorm, New Jersey and may have a listed phone number. He might have a set of instructions that he would sell you. Couldn't hurt.
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Actually, they were published in Patricia Crowther's "Lid off the Cauldron". I don't own this myself, but once found a web page describing the Witches Runes.

Kardor is correct, these are a beautifully hand-made set of casting stones.

Dave Birtwell
james1a
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of james1a
Kardor,
nope it was an english magician. also prior to myriam ruthschild.
james1a
james1a
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of james1a
StrangeMagick:
Lid off the cauldron it is Patricia Crowther was the wife of Arnold Crowther, I used to own it, Lid off the Cauldron that is. the witches runes she describes are those described by Richard Webster. I used to make them and sell them locally.
james1a
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Brother Shadow's "Witches Casting Stones (of Bilitis) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL